You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Roy last to christmas?

stardorman

I agree with giving him til Christmas/New Year as mentioned by someone else. The thing that gets me is people saying we should get rid, without giving a realistic replacement. As i said earlier, he was the best of a bad bunch. We have had difficult fixtures (in the PL) so far, so its stupidity of the highest order to suggest he should be sacked this early.

Dalglish wanted the job.

He'd take it now.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with giving him til Christmas/New Year as mentioned by someone else. The thing that gets me is people saying we should get rid, without giving a realistic replacement. As i said earlier, he was the best of a bad bunch. We have had difficult fixtures (in the PL) so far, so its stupidity of the highest order to suggest he should be sacked this early.

For one how do you know he was the best of a bad bunch, better than Dalglish, better than Pelligrini, better than xyz, you don't know that so it's guess work.

Secondly open your eyes, Roy had 90 mins of dross, one shot on target, yet doesn't change anything, are you happy with that? Have you seen any improvement yet from day one? are there any encouraging signs regarding his tactical accumen? does he display the ability to change things if plan A doesnt work? no and thats why he should go because he's basically just not good enough.

Hodgson will last the season, we have good players, he is an experienced manager, and also not stupid. The team will start playing better, the players are good (three of them world class and would get into any team) and the rut cannot continue forever. We will finish about 6th, and get to quarterfinals either of the cups we're still in. Then it depends on who the owners are, if Hicks, Hodgson will be here next season, with a weakened team.

If Roy is here next christmas, I doubt very much that Torres, Reina or Gerrard will be! Unless the club collectively raises its game and expresses higher expectations all around, instead of patting ourselves on the back for not being able to compete with United, Chelsea or Arsenal!

For one how do you know he was the best of a bad bunch, better than Dalglish, better than Pelligrini, better than xyz, you don't know that so it's guess work.

Secondly open your eyes, Roy had 90 mins of dross, one shot on target, yet doesn't change anything, are you happy with that? Have you seen any improvement yet from day one? are there any encouraging signs regarding his tactical accumen? does he display the ability to change things if plan A doesnt work? no and thats why he should go because he's basically just not good enough.

It wasn't just a random statement, it was more an educated guess. We now know that The King was never in the running. So taking him out, the known options were Roy, MON, Pelligrini, Klinsmann and Rijkaard. There were other names mention i.e. Hiddink, Van Basten etc. but in my OPINION they were never going to be interested. And was it not Kenny that basically appointed Roy? So i think it would be fair to say Roy was the best of a bad bunch.

With regards to your second point, if we had gone half a season and were still producing displays like last night, then yes, i would be worried. But fact is, we have had 5 tough PL games. People are slating his subs, and yes maybe they could be a bit quicker, but what changed the game against Man U? You guessed it, a Roy Hodgson sub.

If he's good enough for Kenny, he's good enough for me.

It wasn't just a random statement, it was more an educated guess. We now know that The King was never in the running. So taking him out, the known options were Roy, MON, Pelligrini, Klinsmann and Rijkaard. There were other names mention i.e. Hiddink, Van Basten etc. but in my OPINION they were never going to be interested. And was it not Kenny that basically appointed Roy? So i think it would be fair to say Roy was the best of a bad bunch.

I do agree with that point. But do you think Konchesky is a good player because he is all we could afford?

Do you think the Greek is a good centre half because he was all we could afford?

Does Jovanovic become a better player because that is all we could afford?

Ergo, does Hodgson become a good manager because he is all we could attract?

Like it or not, whilst not being in anyway responsible for the state of the club, he is a symptom of what is wrong!

With regards to your second point, if we had gone half a season and were still producing displays like last night, then yes, i would be worried. But fact is, we have had 5 tough PL games. People are slating his subs, and yes maybe they could be a bit quicker, but what changed the game against Man U? You guessed it, a Roy Hodgson sub.

Pellegrini is a better manager imo.

What. The. Fuck?

Has Christian been grooming you via an online chatroom somewhere?

Yeah, I heard that Kenny was not in the running either, Kenny wanted it but his wife said no, she said Roy is well better and don't bother with any of the top managers you mentioned there cos they all rub their hands together, Roy was the only person in the entire world who wanted the job. Kenny's wife also picked the team yesterday and was going to provide finance to Hicks so he could refinance, she also told Gillete's wife to stop Gillete from refinancing and he pulled out for that very reason. His wife made him an apple pie as a thank you. I mean why would anyone want the LFC job? Mrs Dalglish also got Kenny to write a complete different version of events in his book so as to throw Alex Ferguson's expectation of Ngog coming on as sub and scoring, you guessed it, a goal. Roy did offer Kenny the job but Kenny said 'We don't want you LFC' and Christian cried hard about that and said these 5 PL games are going to be really tough and consolation goals is the main purpose for LFC to exist now but if Christian is good enough for Kenny then that's good enough for me, that's a educated guess of an opinion of something that may have happened and may justify why we are shit, as long as we can change the game against Man U and then sit back and get beat that's all people can ask for, say no more, say no more.

It did indeed when it was 2-2 and the substitution got made and all the attacking intent was taken from our team as the manager wanted a draw when the Mancs were there for the taking. Thank god we didn't have a manager with ambition such as Rikaard or Pelligrini eh?

What. The. Fuck?

Has Christian been grooming you via an online chatroom somewhere?

Yeah, I heard that Kenny was not in the running either, Kenny wanted it but his wife said no, she said Roy is well better and don't bother with any of the top managers you mentioned there cos they all rub their hands together, Roy was the only person in the entire world who wanted the job. Kenny's wife also picked the team yesterday and was going to provide finance to Hicks so he could refinance, she also told Gillete's wife to stop Gillete from refinancing and he pulled out for that very reason. His wife made him an apple pie as a thank you. I mean why would anyone want the LFC job? Mrs Dalglish also got Kenny to write a complete different version of events in his book so as to throw Alex Ferguson's expectation of Ngog coming on as sub and scoring, you guessed it, a goal. Roy did offer Kenny the job but Kenny said 'We don't want you LFC' and Christian cried hard about that and said these 5 PL games are going to be really tough and consolation goals is the main purpose for LFC to exist now but if Christian is good enough for Kenny then that's good enough for me, that's a educated guess of an opinion of something that may have happened and may justify why we are shit, as long as we can change the game against Man U and then sit back and get beat that's all people can ask for, say no more, say no more.

Are you on glue?

I haven't disputed the fact that Kenny wanted the job, he was told he wasnt wanted, so therefore, he effectively wasn't in the running.

Alls im saying is lets judge Roy after at least half a season. The point about Ngog coming on against Man U was in reply to the statement about Roys inability to change a game and having no plan B.

On second thoughts, fuck it. Lets hire n fire, lets get a new manager in every two months. We dont need stability at all.

To be honest - I'd want shot if I felt it would make the team better, but in all honesty I don't think that it will. Unless he's catastrophically lost the dressing room to the point of mutiny - and I see no hard evidence of that. I've seen the Agger interview but it's hardly of Riera/Benayoun proportions.

Plus weren't Fulham rubbish for Roy's first few games until they picked up, just avoiding relegation after being as good as down when he took over? (Genuine question, memory not clear and too lazy to look it up). Admittedly his first few games were mid-season without the benefit of a pre-season, unlike with us.

So for me Roy stays - if we're still in the bottom quarter, or even bottom half, come January I may revise that opinion. I know it's been said to death but for now I'm more worried about the people above him.

Maybe that came across wrong. It was meant to read, after Kenny was ruled out, did he not have a big say in who the next manager would be?

Don't smear Kenny, it was Christian's appointment all along, he wanted him from day one and never seriously attempted to hire anyone else.

This is his pet project we are all enjoying right now.

Guest ShoePiss

We've just got to hope that he can improve on the bad start, really. We can't be firing managers mid-season, it already feels like we're becoming Newcastle and this would just confirm it.

I'd like to know what Purslow set Roy's 1st league season target to be, stay in the prem? finish in the top 10? CL spot?