You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A total fuckin embarassment and a disgrace to the shirt

Randy Marsh

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to be hyper-sensitive to my criticism of the players because of your love for our previous manager, that's your issue.

Benitez bought and persisted with those players years ago in most cases - I was pissed off with him while he remained in control, but he's not here now. So no venom for Benitez - he's history, and I don't care about him or what happens to him.

I heard a rumour that Rafa was there last night. After the game he met Jamie Carragher who invited him into the dressing room saying "Eight or nine of this side were your signings".

He declined the offer.

I heard a rumour that Rafa was there last night. After the game he met Jamie Carragher who invited him into the dressing room saying "Eight or nine of this side were your signings".

He declined the offer.

That's funny, I was watching Rafa on the Inter touchline, masterminding a Bari spanking. Probably why he declined the offer Hermes.

He probably made some sort of weird hand gesture as well, the dog.

L Shrewsbury 3-1 (a)

W Southend 2-1 (h)

D Aldershot 1-1 (a)

L Hartlepool 4-0 (a)

D Wycombe 1-1 (h)

D Reading 3-3 (a) cup

D Accrington 0-0 (h)

W Brighton 2-0 (h) Cup

L Torquay United 0-3 (a)

This is the form of the team that outplayed us last night.

To be fair, they were also suffering from quite a few injuries last night.

Difficult to isolate the problem.

You can't say it's purely a bad manager. I'm sure he didn't tell our front four to go out last night and display absolutely no movement in the final third.

You can't say it's shit players. All of our attacking players are capable of making off the ball runs. Our defenders are capable of picking up men. Last night, they just simply did not do it.

Man for man, we were a better team than Northampton. Manager for manager we were too. So why were we so shit?

Your right it wasn't only the individuals who played. These are the reasons the club is in such a mess.

1. inept manager

2. too much player power - especially Gerrard and Carragher

3. media manipulative Acting Managing Director

4. insufficient funds

Hopefully Roy will have learned the following from last night:

442 should not be played in any circumstances

Players should not be played out of position and expected to turn in class performances - and it is hugely unfair to play youngsters attempting to stake a claim for a first team place out of position.

Babel has had enough chances now.

There is little point rotating when you don't have a settled team to start off with.

Yep. To add to that, he was seen rubbing his finger and thumb together this morning and smiling. The rotter.

Oh, are we not doing that yet ?

He needs to learn how to put his arm around the players and ruffle their hair. He's too cold and stand-offish. Fancy saying "they deceived me"!

If he's not careful Carragher and Gerrard will be sending text messages about him to Purslow and having a quiet word with Bascombe about how he's lost the dressing room.

Oh fuck :( please make it stop.

i thought things were bad under Souness but we really are descending into the abyss.

Hodgson is third rate, clueless, as are most of the squad if truth be told.

The sad thing is this, we are not going through a 'bad spell'. this shit we are watching is actually our level. we have a few decent games a season, the rest is appalling. i was lambasted on RAWK last season for highlighting this point.

things wont change until new owners are found and Mourinho or O neil become manager.

Until then, get your helmets on and dig in. its going to be tough.

I wanted Rafa out by the end. Negative, unimaginative, static, gutless football, which is fine if it gets results, I guess, but it didn't. Unfortunately, in our board's wisdom, they decided to appoint someone who may be even more negative, unimaginative, static and gutless.

What do we have to do to get a manager who likes to play football?

Well said that man.

I don't give a fuck about Benitez. He's not here now, thank fuck. I wish we could say the same about the dross that he bought and that played last night.

I'm blaming the shit players that Benitez bought. They were the players on the pitch. Which bit of that can you not understand?

If you want to be hyper-sensitive to my criticism of the players because of your love for our previous manager, that's your issue.

Seems like there are a bunch of twits on this forum in your predicament. Been foaming at the mouth since our last trophy win like rabid dogs at Rafael Benitez. For not turning a 2nd place in the European Cup into a 6th cup. Or for not turning a 2nd place in the League into our 19th title.

Turning a blind eye to the CONSTANTLY pointed out fact that Liverpool can't afford to have this parasitic board be the ones to appoint a new manager.

And turning a blind eye to the CONSTANTLY pointed out fact that Benitez was doing his job on a shoestring, compared to his rivals.

Nope, it was all Rafa's fault. And now that he's gone, its still his fault. Hard to change course when you've charging blindly in the wrong direction for so long.

But at least you're not bitter, eh?

What a joke. You lot stand out like a light bulb at midnight. And with your blinkered shades on, you're the only fools who don't notice.

You were wrong in the other thread as well then. Out of his depth? He had Fulham playing better than that lot did last night.

There's a lot less pressure at Fulham, with them, he is the underdog in most games, he failed in games where he had to take the game to the opposition, that's why he's a midtable manager not a top level one, that's why he failed at Blackburn, couldn't handle the pressure.

The problem with Hodgson is what he got into his Fulham side was tactical discipline, because midtable teams just don't have that sort of structure, our players already have tactical discipline, Roy doesn't bring anything to the table.

So yes, he is out of his depth.

There's a lot less pressure at Fulham, with them, he is the underdog in most games, he failed in games where he had to take the game to the opposition, that's why he's a midtable manager not a top level one, that's why he failed at Blackburn, couldn't handle the pressure.

The problem with Hodgson is what he got into his Fulham side was tactical discipline, because midtable teams just don't have that sort of structure, our players already have tactical discipline, Roy doesn't bring anything to the table.

So yes, he is out of his depth.

Add a failed style of play to that list and youve nailed it right down as to why things wont get substantsiallly better, we might make the top half of the table but thats about it.

The worst thing about it is that it was all there to see before he was appointed

Thing is though we shouldn't be needing two or three wins to get in the top four, we should be there or there abouts already.

When you start with United, Arsenal and Man City in the first five games it is never going to be easy.

Doesn't help when Torres doesn't look fit or isn't on form.

I am not defending some of his decisions or the results, but I do think he deserves some time and support.

We where dominated and outplayed by a team from the 4th division of English football. The 4th division of English football. And they are 17th place in that 4th division, 70 odd places below ourselves.

That was not a team of kids we started with either.

Jones, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Jovanovic, Babel, Ngog - 7 FULL INTERNATIONALS

Wilson, Kelly, Spearing, Pacheco - All respresented their countries at junior levels

He'll continue to get my support as he did last night, but I'm really starting to believe that he's out of his depth.

Where's Ngog's senior French caps?

Where's Kelly's senior English caps?

Where's Spearing's senior English caps?

Where's Wilson's international caps?

Is Pacheco getting regular first-team football?

Had we heard of Jones before pre-season? I hadn't anyway.

Only Agger was a regular starter, and a decent international player. Lucas is Lucas, and Babel is an enigma.

We had 10 first-choice players left out of the side last night. That's what you call a proper team playing a proper game. Only they weren't even in the squad, let alone the pitch. You don't blood reserve players in the first team, that's what the reserve team is for.

Roy is getting berated for his lack of subs. Does anyone think subbing people for subbings sake would have made any difference? Radio City said during the car crash performance that there was no point making subs as there was no quality on the bench.