You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Town

1892-LFCWasBorn

I have a couple of friends state side who are raving about this film. They think that potentially it could be up for best acting/direction nods for Affleck at the Oscars. They normally like the same sort of films I do, so I'll certainly be watching it. I think Afflleck gets a lot of shit unfairly, mainly because he had the audacity to fuck the back of Jennifer Lopez, the crazy bastard.

Is that despite the 74% approval rate from critics and the 8.2 out of ten on Metacritic ?

Or the 94% approval on Rotten Tomatoes after 130-odd reviews ?

It's also got an 8.4 rating on IMDB.

Nah, just after a couple of reviews I'd happened across.

Looks like they were anomolies though by your more detailed round up there. I stand corrected.

Nah, just after a couple of reviews I'd happened across.

Looks like they were anomolies though by your more detailed round up there. I stand corrected.

I hope they were mate., it's a film I'm really looking forward to. I actually like Affleck, he's always been able to take this piss out of himself, seems quite humble and his first directional film was quality.

• 1 year later...
Thought it was good but prefer Affleck behind the camera rather than in front of it personally.

Affleck fucking rules, it's rare you can get an actor with great physical presence without being a fucking knuckle dragging goon who can't string two sentences together. Love this film anyway, watched again the other day.

It's boss, Affleck is seriously underrated as a creative force. It's easily the best crime film since Heat.

I thought it was an excellent film as well, and I'd agree with you in the Heat comparisons

To the people that didn't like it. If that had Martin Scorsese as director and Italians instead of Irish in it, you'd all be creaming yourself and screaming OSCAR from the rafters

I thought it was an excellent film as well, and I'd agree with you in the Heat comparisons

To the people that didn't like it. If that had Martin Scorsese as director and Italians instead of Irish in it, you'd all be creaming yourself and screaming OSCAR from the rafters

I do like the film but dont rate Affleck as an actor.

After this he has a good career as a director if he keeps this standard up.

I do like the film but dont rate Affleck as an actor.

After this he has a good career as a director if he keeps this standard up.

If he hears you say that he will "fuck you some place very uncomfortable."

And it's not the back of a Volkswagen