You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa's unfinished business here.

stardorman

Seem to remember him saying something very similar about Purslow when he took over from Parry. It'll never last.

Inter coach Rafael Benitez has dismissed claims that he has fallen out with striker Diego Milito.

Milito has come under criticism this season' date=' following a wonderful campaign last term.

The striker's agent Fernando Hidalgo earlier blamed Benitez for his client's poor start.

However, Benitez was quick to address Hidalgo's complaint and was keen to quash talk of a Milito rebellion.

"I have spoken to Milito. He is well and is working good. He worked well today also," Benitez told the press.

"Diego knows it's just a matter of time. His agent's comments? Milito told me he was surprised by the comments because he has not spoken to his agent for a month.

"I have learned one thing though. We are getting close to games against Roma and Juventus, and all these things are emerging…

"Will they have a negative impact? I like working on the pitch, staying focused. The most important thing is that my players work well. What people say on the outside is not important."

Benitez also remarked upon debate generated by Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini, who claimed Inter are the new Juventus.

"Coming from the Premier League I can say that presidents there do not speak as much as they do here," said Benitez.

"Also, we had 17 shots on goal against Palermo… I have respect for everyone in football, and so I will not add more. [b']I am a coach that speaks about football,"[/b] he said. :yes:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's basically he's saying he's 'focused on training and coaching my team'.

I appreciated everything Benitez done for us, and he did highlight the ownership issue for a lot of fans, but there seems to be a pattern emerging.

Why he feels the need to talk about our club when he's managing the European champions is a bit strange. He comes across as a wronged control freak.

I don't really see what he's said wrong there.

Am I supposed to believe that an investment banker and a dude running BA know anything about football?

I guess they must believe they know something because they decided, in their wisdom, to tell somebody of the standing of Dalglish to get fucked.

Maybe Purslow was concerned that a different appointment might not be happy about having him in the dressing room before the game.

Why he feels the need to talk about our club when he's managing the European champions is a bit strange. He comes across as a wronged control freak.

I don't know mate why he feels that need, I really don't. Do you reckon, and this might sound crazy, that it might have something to do with the fact that he cares about our club, and maybe it pains him to see it being ripped apart by cancers like Hicks, Gillet and Cecil?

Maybe I'm just being silly like.

Except for it isn't. He explicitly says "in the last year" - ie a dig at Purslow and possibly Broughton. Not at Hicks and not at Gillett - this is the manager who back in September warned it would be "dangerous" to change owners.

This "Rafa against the Yanks" narrative is tiresome and it's simply wrong. Maybe in 2007, but not by 2010 when he'd formed a very nice little alliance with Hicks. But at least Rafa's leaving has finally - finally - convinced some fans, who thought everything was alright as long as he was at the helm, to eventually come out and protest against the owners. For the wrong reasons, and it's been directed against the wrong people until the last few weeks, but at least they are now protesting.

Got to take issue with yer there old boy.... yer talking absolute fcuking revisionist cobblers. I count myself as a Rafa stalwart, and I like many others doubtless TK, Coro, Randy Marsh and fuck loads more were all advocating the focus be put on the owners whilst FundamentAl and the Bascombe Bampot's were busy hounding out the manager. There were a fuck load of people making the point that treating a verucca was a bit fucking stupid when gangrene was eating the legs.

I agree with many others that there should be an end to the shite war between fans, but the fuckerts who opposed Rafa cannot rewrite history, plenty held back until the manager was gone.... far too much slack was cut

But what about Xabi Alonso's? He went over a year ago and some of you still haven't got over it.

Seriously Dirk? A thread based on a basically nothing Benitez interview in Italy, seemed to end fairly peacefully with a real lack of the usual multi-page hysterics... so you decide to throw Xabi Alonso into the mix?

Glutton for punishment.

Seriously Dirk? A thread based on a basically nothing Benitez interview in Italy, seemed to end fairly peacefully with a real lack of the usual multi-page hysterics... so you decide to throw Xabi Alonso into the mix?

Glutton for punishment.

I thought it was funny, for a fucking ginger imp.

Inter coach Rafael Benitez has dismissed claims that he has fallen out with striker Diego Milito.

Its good to see your still following the minutia of Rafa's career. Why don't you join me in asking the ruling clique on TLW to swallow its bitterness and set up a stickie thread about Rafa - most on here including the anti-Rafa loonies, are still fascinated with him. Even Usher started a thread about Rafa removing a Mourinho poster at Inter - which turns out to have been a lie.

As for your post about Millito - you selected it because you thought it showed Rafa in a bad light. The fact is that most supporters and press in Italy are in agreement that Millito has started the season out of form. Rafa has publicly supported him on numerous occasions claiming his form will return soon. Last week Millito proved him right by playing better although he missed a sitter. Rafa substituted him and Millito complained.

Milito has come under criticism this season, following a wonderful campaign last term.

The striker's agent Fernando Hidalgo earlier blamed Benitez for his client's poor start.

However, Benitez was quick to address Hidalgo's complaint and was keen to quash talk of a Milito rebellion.

"I have spoken to Milito. He is well and is working good. He worked well today also," Benitez told the press.

"Diego knows it's just a matter of time. His agent's comments? Milito told me he was surprised by the comments because he has not spoken to his agent for a month.

"I have learned one thing though. We are getting close to games against Roma and Juventus, and all these things are emerging…

"Will they have a negative impact? I like working on the pitch, staying focused. The most important thing is that my players work well. What people say on the outside is not important."

Benitez also remarked upon debate generated by Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini, who claimed Inter are the new Juventus.

"Coming from the Premier League I can say that presidents there do not speak as much as they do here," said Benitez.

"Also, we had 17 shots on goal against Palermo… I have respect for everyone in football, and so I will not add more. I am a coach that speaks about football," he said. :yes:

I'm sure you did not intend to overlook the follow-up to the "Milito rebellion" story you posted. Rafa's team won 4-0 on Wednesday to go clear at the top. Milito scored two goals.

Inter gain outright leadership on UEFA.COM