You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What the fuck is wrong with this city? (part 1627901)

Woo

This is in the road next to mine. There was another death in the street next to Baden last year when a fella got stabbed to death, and that turned out to be an old mates Uncle who died. Makes you feel sick that something like this can happen so close to your home.

BBC News - Murder inquiry over house stabbing in Liverpool

Murder inquiry over house stabbing in Liverpool

A man has died in hospital after being found with stab wounds at a house in Liverpool.

The 42-year-old was discovered with multiple injuries in Baden Road just before 0100 BST. He was taken to hospital but died a short time later.

A post-mortem examination is due to take place.

Patrols have been stepped up in the area and the scene has been cordoned off for forensic examinations. Police have appealed for information.

No different to anywhere else mate, when you were a kid it was rare you heard of a murder but now they're every week, people have no fear now, they seem to be more arsed about there reputation than doing life, you'd never get a 'straightener' nowadays to sort grievances, it's too easy to pull a knife, everyone's a hard man with a blade in their inside pocket*

*I've come over all old skool PB15 in this post.

I know, Al, but it's still fucking scary that it's happening less than a minute away from where you live. I walk down that road basically every night when I'm walking the dog.

Anyway, I've just found out who it is who got stabbed, and the person who told me is convinced that it's drug related. Reckon the fella who got stabbed fancies himself as a small-time drug dealer.

I know, Al, but it's still fucking scary that it's happening less than a minute away from where you live. I walk down that road basically every night when I'm walking the dog.

Anyway, I've just found out who it is who got stabbed, and the person who told me is convinced that it's drug related. Reckon the fella who got stabbed fancies himself as a small-time drug dealer.

It may be naive of me mate but I'm still convinced that 99% of the people caught up in stabbings and shootings are not innocent by standers and all have some sort of dodgy life/past. Obviously there have been innocent victims but most of the people who this shit happens to is because of there chosen lifestyle. The truth is you can't feel 100% safe when you are out in Liverpool anymore, not by a distance, it's only going to get worse as well, by 2015 say, well, 'Alex Woo- Escape from Old Swan' could be a seriously real prospect.

Aye, a lot of them are gang/drug related. The one that happened last year wasn't, though, that was just an innocent fella who got done in by two other people. I still feel safe when I'm walking around the Swan, regardless of what time it is, but then I know hundreds of people around here, and recognise certain faces so I'm used to it.

I just hope it doesn't end up all 'Boyz In The Hood' style, although whilst I have the charisma and talent of a young Cuba Gooding Jr, my jheri curl is definitely more Ice Cube style.

Break yourself, fool.

• Upvote 1

Guest The Chimp

It's shite mate. Every road around ours had had a shooting by the time I'd left. In ours someone had gone to shoot someone in the head (execution style) and the gun jammed - only thing that saved the fella. Then a load of lads bailed out of a van about four o'clock one afternoon by the local shops, and proceded to shoot someone dead (shooting a young lad in the leg by mistake). Broad fucking daylight! Was loads of shite that happened every day and in the end I'd just had enough. I can't even say that the majority in our road were OK because they weren't, they were cunts.

This was all about seven years ago so as obviously bad as what you've said happened is, it's not new. It's shite for the decent people who just want to live a normal life and of course for those caught up in all this.

Where about was that, Chimp?

I still don't think the majority of Old Swan is that bad. I've never had trouble round here in the twenty years I've lived here and have never feel unsafe when I'm walking round, be it in during the day, or stumbling home at 3 in the morning. It just goes to show that no matter how safe you think you are, or how many people you know, you can never be too sure.

Its the main reason we left Liverpool after having a child, that and being burgled 3 months after moving in. West Derby Village pubs have started getting shot at again, me and the mrs used to go there for a few drinks on a Saturday, or for a meal.

Imagine getting caught up in that leaving a boozer at 10pm.

Go for a meal with the mrs, end up getting involved in a drive by, as these cunts from Croxteth/Norris Green are doing it around 10pm middle of the evening when its busy.

The Pub at the entrance to our estate, "The Deysbrook" Also got peppered with bullets back in January, weeks after we put our house on the market. Currently about 10% of the new estate are trying to sell their house and get the fuck out of that area.

One of the problems is that I've never encountered a place before that lauds being a criminal/shitbag quite so much, or where the idea of being 'a grass' was so frowned upon. Ironic really, if people gave the scum the contempt they deserve and backed up the police, the likes of Norris Green wouldn't be run by a bunch of 14-year-olds.

Imagine going to New York and telling a captain from the Gambino crime family that whole swathes of a major English city were being held in the iron grip of a bunch of GNVQ plumbing students with a love of pot?

It's jarring when you go back to Liverpool sometimes when you've not been for a while. I went to get a key cut in Norris Green a while back and the shopkeeper was smoking behind the counter as people came and went, I found that kind of an amusing microcosm of the city's apparent love of a brazen rebel.

He was sound the bloke, but I got the impression a few of the people bringing in chipped keys for him to cut were crooks.

You also have to contend with the local media-perpetuated myth that it's the friendliest place in the world.

It's a trange place Liverpool, no worse than any other city in terms of raw crime figures no doubt, but the attitude of people there towards being on the wrong side of the law causes much of the problems, or at least allows them to flourish. (you only have to look at how many people were complicit in the Rhys Jones murder, how many kids and adults knew about it, it's almost old world Italian in its introverted secrecy)

Not what Ive been told, they threw a brick through the back window and lured him out, the lad is a chef in the whitehouse, no drugs involved i was told but it could be linked to another incident.

Not what Ive been told, they threw a brick through the back window and lured him out, the lad is a chef in the whitehouse, no drugs involved i was told but it could be linked to another incident.

I know the fella (called Yozza) was a chef in the White House, but I've heard from a few people in the street, and a few that knew him, that there was definitely something dodgy going with him in the house (it was number 1, Baden Rd). Loads of comings and goings every day. No idea what actually happened last night, but it appears that it's not just a random attack or burglary, he's definitely been targeted for something. He'd been barred from a few of the other pubs, too (the Black Horse etc).

Obviously don't know for definite like, just passing on what I've heard.

I know the fella (called Yozza) was a chef in the White House, but I've heard from a few people in the street, and a few that knew him, that there was definitely something dodgy going with him in the house (it was number 1, Baden Rd). Loads of comings and goings every day. No idea what actually happened last night, but it appears that it's not just a random attack or burglary, he's definitely been targeted for something. He'd been barred from a few of the other pubs, too (the Black Horse etc).

Obviously don't know for definite like, just passing on what I've heard.

He lives in the flats next to the house, thats his birds house. You never know like but his mate told me today he wasnt dodgy but had some trouble with a fella who has been sent down now, as I say though you never know, could be anything with some of the gobshites knocking about now.

He lives in the flats next to the house, thats his birds house. You never know like but his mate told me today he wasnt dodgy but had some trouble with a fella who has been sent down now, as I say though you never know, could be anything with some of the gobshites knocking about now.

Ah right, nobody had mentioned he lived in Baden House, which is even worse. A proper crack den. Although now that psycho cunt who used to live there has been kicked out, it shouldn't be as bad. It's fucking horrible to be honest. I've wanted to move out for about two years, but the thought of leaving our kid and my Ma living by themselves when shit like this is going on just isn't worth it. My Mum knows his bird, too, as they were both on the residents association for a couple of years.

One of the problems is that I've never encountered a place before that lauds being a criminal/shitbag quite so much, or where the idea of being 'a grass' was so frowned upon. Ironic really, if people gave the scum the contempt they deserve and backed up the police, the likes of Norris Green wouldn't be run by a bunch of 14-year-olds.

Great post.

Great post there S31. Liverpool's always been a bit 'choice' but that character has always been underpinned by a common decency and people just being sound. It's just sad that those who have stood up to this shit have either been hounded out as 'grasses' or given up and fucked off away, giving the bad cunts open season. Vigilantism. It's the only answer!

• 3 years later...

just sat and watched this. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQlG5Fo85M

who the fuck do people think they are that another humans life isnt important? Kid or not? I remember coming home for the weekend (ff on the gf but fuck off) utd game when we beat them 3:1 a few years ago and met our kid on the friday and he had black trackie bottoms and a north face coat on and I sent him home to get changed.

Fucking dickheads walking round thinking they own the place. 

I hate to say it but I live in Portsmouth, a rough city to be fair but the kids down here are sound, its the fellas that fight, and they fight with fists. None of this weapon, gang shit. 

Fuck off you little wannabe rats , thinking you are hard because you wear trackies. Well me and my mates wore trackies till we were 16 and we used to fight with other schools/areas but fuck me, we played footy with each other on a sunday. No guns, no older lads telling you to kill people, and fucking no balaclavas. little twats