You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boardwalk Empire

Iantn

The season with Gyp Rossetti was the best.

He was brilliant, proper headcase. Loved it when he stole (and wore) that hat.

I thought series 4 was disappointing but couldn't put my finger on why - all the ingredients were there, just not mixed the right way. Still better than most otehr stuff on telly though.

Didn't really enjoy the first episode.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Where was Eli? Is he still in Chicago? Why couldn't they have built Rothstein's death into the show? Why was Chalky in a chain gang? What about Val Alden or Caponè?

I'm sure it'll all be answered in due course bit it all annoyed me a bit.

The bit with Masseria and Luchiano was good but again, what bought about the coming of the 5 families?

Didn't like the flashbacks at all, hope we don't keep seeing those throughout the season. We know who Nucky is and there are more than enough tit-bits about who / why he turned out this way throughout the previous 4 seasons. I've also read the book so know why he turned out like he did and if they stick to the book, it really isn't that interesting and has already been explained at the end of season 4 with Eli.

Maybe I'm being over critical. I'll probably watch it again tonight.

Didn't really enjoy the first episode.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Where was Eli? Is he still in Chicago? Why couldn't they have built Rothstein's death into the show? Why was Chalky in a chain gang? What about Val Alden or Caponè?

I'm sure it'll all be answered in due course bit it all annoyed me a bit.

The bit with Masseria and Luchiano was good but again, what bought about the coming of the 5 families?

Didn't like the flashbacks at all, hope we don't keep seeing those throughout the season. We know who Nucky is and there are more than enough tit-bits about who / why he turned out this way throughout the previous 4 seasons. I've also read the book so know why he turned out like he did and if they stick to the book, it really isn't that interesting and has already been explained at the end of season 4 with Eli.

Maybe I'm being over critical. I'll probably watch it again tonight.

I assume Chicago is just another episode, they did that a bit last season, NY one week, Chicago the next. I'm sure then Capone, van Alden and Ely will be in it.

Chalky got arrested in the shoot out at the end of season 4, when his daughter got shot by harrow.

Chalky got arrested in the shoot out at the end of season 4, when his daughter got shot by harrow.

Did he? I watched the end of S4 on Tuesday, I wasn't really paying attention to as had seen it before so must have missed it.

Anyway, hope they cut the flashbacks out next episode & show more / anything of Chicago.

I watched it again last night. Now my expectations were set I did enjoy it better but I still don't see what the flashbacks bring at all.

What's happend to Luchiano's eye?

He was attacked between the 7 gap, left with a scar, damaged eye and just escaped death.

Thus the nickname 'lucky luciano' I believe.

He was attacked between the 7 gap, left with a scar, damaged eye and just escaped death.

Thus the nickname 'lucky luciano' I believe.

As much as I enjoyed the actual character, they shouldn't have pissed about so long with Narcisse & spent more time on the gangster stuff people want to see!

As much as I enjoyed the actual character, they shouldn't have pissed about so long with Narcisse & spent more time on the gangster stuff people want to see!

Totally agree. The rise of Capone, luciano, lansky, etc is far more interesting than fictional characters bar Gyp Rossetti of course!

I reckon the flashbacks are great. Again I don't think it's rushed just a lot of characters buts it is silly putting this to 8 episodes this season as there's plenty of mileage left in this show god knows why they decided to end it.

I can't think of a better TV show on at the moment. Maybe that shows a lack of quality but on the whole this for me is just below the best TV shows of recent years.

[quot e name=Section_31" post="3909485" timestamp="1410870035]Stopped watching half way through season 4, lost all its charm and just cunts moaning about other cunts.

They're gangsters of course they're cunts.

You can still be a gangster and have charm, The cast of the Sopranos for example. Boardwalk is like a show comprised entirely of Phil Leotardos.

They're gangsters of course they're cunts.

You can still be a gangster and have charm, The cast of the Sopranos for example. Boardwalk is like a show comprised entirely of Phil Leotardos.

This show has never tried to make the more human side of the personalities work, its always been about business, so that's what you get IMO.

This show has never tried to make the more human side of the personalities work, its always been about business, so that's what you get IMO.

I think some of the characters did have charm in the earlier series though, especially Nuckie. I just think it's got stale and it's now just double cross after double cross.

Characters need some kind of humanising traits no matter how villainous they are, or needs some characters who are likeable. Boardwalk now has no such character that I can think of.

Reminds me of an interview with James Ellroy where he was talking about how a TV exec had originally wanted to make LA Confidential into a TV show and said: "Are you nuts? All the characters are assholes."