You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boardwalk Empire

Iantn

Positioning itself to take over the mantle of "best show in the world", in my opinion. One thing I really admire is that despite how big their world is, they seem to balance characters screen time very well.

Gyp Rosseti won an Emmy last night and a well deserved one, at that.

Chalky: Check the champagne order and get me ten extra four tops, got that car convention in town.

Purnsley: We got busboys for that.

Chalky: Shit flow downhill, buck, don't matter to me none where it stop.

• 2 weeks later...

It's warming up nicely. 

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I like the idea of Van Alden/George and Capone as a double act, not least because the height difference makes them look rather comical. Also four episodes in and no sign of Margaret, not that i'm complaining.

Strange episode this week...

That was fucking gutting this week. Felt so bad for Eddie. The scene with the Capone's was good. Shits about to get interesting.

That scene showed, and showed brilliantly, how people react in different ways to things. All three characters reacted to it all so completely different despite facing the exact same situation. Superb imagery.

Looks like I am going against the trend saying this. I actually think its starting to go very boring and there running out of ideas with the show. By that I mean its become stagnant and is just using Capone as a way to fill out episodes with violence. The story lines at the moment seem to be just dragging on and not that interesting at all.

Homeland is the same in a way as it seems they just want to drag the show out with whatever they can storywise.

They need to end homeland in all honesty as you can only take that program so far storywise. Starting to feel the same thing with Boardwalk and to be honest they need to kill Nucky off as he is past his sell by date now.

The Capone thing is also becoming so predictable and to easy for the writers to just having him kill and snort in every episode. 

On top form again.

Really enjoying this at the moment.

Yeah, agreed. The highlight of the TV week.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Looks increasingly like Purnsley is going to be killed off and more and more that they're going to keep the good doctor for another year. I was hoping that Eli's son storyline was going to be the springboard for Nucky to get more involved in Philidaelphia; in 1926, the mayor appoints General Smedly Butler to crack down on alcohol and he's one of the most fascinating men of that age, and probably American history, generally. Getting him into this would be huge.

Can't believe there are only four episodes left, this season has flown by. 

The confrontation between Chalky and Purnsley was brilliant, fantastic performance from Michael Kenneth Williams.

Great episode that. Van alden's scenes were brilliant and sparrow's touching. This season has been quieter than the others but I like how this show slowly builds up story lines without rushing. It might be slow for some but for me its one of the best things on tv and has been since it started

Been class so far

I reckon either Chalkey or Narcisse is gonna get killed off.

Loved the fact that Richard is now married too. My favourite character in the show.

Sincerely hope it isnt the former. 

Van Alden finally got some great scenes last night, Shannon was superb. 

In a show where decent female characters are thin on the ground i'm liking Nucky's Florida friend Sally. Special mention also to Patricia Arquette's enormous jugs.  

• Upvote 1

Been class so far

I reckon either Chalkey or Narcisse is gonna get killed off.

Loved the fact that Richard is now married too. My favourite character in the show.

It's not going to be Chalkey. Don't you remember what happened the last time a well dressed, articulate, black nationalist from New York stepped to him? The man ended up getting blown up with a shotgun in a hotel room.

And he had more bodies on him than a Chinese cemetery.

Sincerely hope it isnt the former.

Van Alden finally got some great scenes last night, Shannon was superb.

In a show where decent female characters are thin on the ground i'm liking Nucky's Florida friend Sally. Special mention also to Patricia Arquette's enormous jugs.

Aye them juggs are superb, hopefully we will get to see them in their full glory by the end of the series.