You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boardwalk Empire

Iantn

Hardly an indictment for the show that it ain't as good after its first season of one of the best shows currently on tele.

Breaking Bad started well but I'd never have had it at the level it currently is back in season one.

But by Boardwalk Empire being a HBO production,its budget and genre put it up against the likes of Breaking Bad.

I think Breaking Bad is equally as good as its first series myself.

But by Boardwalk Empire being a HBO production,its budget and genre put it up against the likes of Breaking Bad.

I think Breaking Bad is equally as good as its first series myself.

I wouldn't have Boardwalk as high as Breaking Bad yet but the potential is there for it. The bigger stuff, like in Breaking Bad, has yet to happen after just one season.

Hopefully it does kick on well. Can't agree on Breaking Bad not getting better either. As superb as season one was, season three and season four so far have just gone to another level.

I wouldn't have Boardwalk as high as Breaking Bad yet but the potential is there for it. The bigger stuff, like in Breaking Bad, has yet to happen after just one season.

Hopefully it does kick on well. Can't agree on Breaking Bad not getting better either. As superb as season one was, season three and season four so far have just gone to another level.

I thought you said Breaking Bad was NOT as good as its first series?

• 3 weeks later...

I loved it, probably enjoyed it more than any other show in a while, including Breaking Bad. The pacing was fairly slow though all right. This gives me hope that they're building something up that will last several seasons. Ambitious to try and encompass so many aspects of the time, ie, politics, Al Capone, the mob, prohibition, Ku Klux Klan, women's and black's rights, etc. It was actually a crazy time for a lot of reasons, so that's probably why I like it. Plus it has a great cast, Buscemi et al, and Michael Shannon as Agent Van Alden cracks me up.

Really looking forward to Season 2, will be downloading it as soon as it's up.

I loved it, probably enjoyed it more than any other show in a while, including Breaking Bad. The pacing was fairly slow though all right. This gives me hope that they're building something up that will last several seasons. Ambitious to try and encompass so many aspects of the time, ie, politics, Al Capone, the mob, prohibition, Ku Klux Klan, women's and black's rights, etc. It was actually a crazy time for a lot of reasons, so that's probably why I like it. Plus it has a great cast, Buscemi et al, and Michael Shannon as Agent Van Alden cracks me up.

Really looking forward to Season 2, will be downloading it as soon as it's up.

Agreed.

I reckon Stephen Graham will have a bigger role to play in later episodes. Wouldnt surprise me if they showed him coming to prominence.

I lost interest about halfway through. I must be getting old because all the OTT sex puut me off a bit. The Fed agent character is far too OTT as well.

Totally agree with that, some of his scenes were ridiculous. Graham didn't convince as Al Capone either although it's still early days in terms of the charcter's development.

I felt the same as a few on here and I'm not actually looking forward to this anywhere near as much as a new season of breaking bad or even dexter for that matter.

I will give it one more go but it needs to improve massively for me to call it any better than above average.

Maybe if they took the emphasis off the scenery and historical details and developed more of a storyline then it could achieve big things.

I lost interest about halfway through. I must be getting old because all the OTT sex puut me off a bit. The Fed agent character is far too OTT as well.

I wouldn't say the sex put me off, but it was completely unnecessary and just did not fit in with the story line or the type of programme it is.

I'm waiting for Omar to play a bigger role as well (he will always be Omar to me, a man gotta have code)