You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ynwa20

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been pretty bad during both Rafa's and Houllier's last seasons. But like someone mentioned, Roy has really made us worse. We are now being consistently outplayed and outpassed by the teams belonging in the bottom half of the league.

Yeah, but on the other hand Gerrard and Carragher think that there's a good atmosphere at Melwood, everyone enjoys training and there's a positive buzz about the place. Must be nice.

Just a bit of perspective. We drew against a team who beat us last season, and drew against Arsenal last week. Reina had reasonably little to do. They needed a penalty, and typically dreadful defending from Johnson (he really is bad) to score - apart from that they didn't really trouble us. It's a point that we can build on, and things went well enough for the manager to point to, and build on.

Try to see the positives.

You know I could have sworn we beat them 3-0 at Anfield last season.

And it took a beachball and one of the most ridiculous refereeing decisions of the last twenty years for them to beat us at their place.

That's just me though.

Regarding the game today you can see there is a total lack of confidence in the side at present. Players playing square balls, treating the ball like a hot potato and no fluidity or movement off the ball, players too scared to take risks and gambles and try the unexpected, quite sad to see really. I just hope we snap out of it asap.

It is a staggering statistic that 7 out of the 9 league goals conceded so far have come from crosses of some sort with the other 2 goals being penalties. Teams are exploiting that weakness big time at present.

Johnson was absolutely dire again today, everything at a half arsed pace. Maybe Code wasn't too far off the mark after all when he was ridiculed for mentioning all these full backs who are better than him. He needs a rocket up his arse at present. Total luxury full back, he looks great when the team is doing well and winning but when the team needs to dig in he is a complete liability.

The goal that summed Johnson up was the beachball goal when he didn't close the ball down quickly enough. Any defender with any natural defensive tendencies would have closed that ball a lot quicker than Johnson did that day and that proved more than anything that defending doesn't come naturally to him.

I can see why Roy started with the midfield he did with Meireles on the right as we looked okay at Old Trafford last week when we went that way in the second half for a bit and Meireles showed some good touches at times and decent passes but was on the periphery of the game a bit today.

Would probably say Cole was our best player and some of his close control and vision in getting out of tight situations was first class at times. Thought Stevie also did okay and I would like to see Stevie partner Meireles in midfield next week v Blackpool.

The lack of pace in the side is becoming a bigger problem though as the games go on. Even the worst teams can still be a threat if they have a semblance of pace in the team out wide or up front which is one thing we just do not possess at the moment. Sunderland today always carried a threat because of the pace of Welbeck and Bent and the guile of Malbranque and were worth their point in the end.

Poulsen just doesn't seem suited to this league at all which is a million miles different to Serie A and always seems to need that extra second on the ball but it would be foolish to write him off just yet as I thought he was arguably our best player at Old Trafford last week but for games like this we need more dynamics in the midfield which simply has to be Stevie and Meireles.

I don't know what the issue is with the first half of our games and the slow tempo we are starting with but what we need is to absolutely thrash someone to help build the confidence of certain players at present. I would hope it will be Blackpool but at the moment I just wouldn't count on that sadly.

We did show some good things towards the latter part of the game but in the main it was tame stuff throughout sadly.

Fucking Roy won't learn though will he? At least the shape was good though.......while they were running through us like Apache Indians running through the forest.

Nope. The only thing that was as clear as day is that the owners had to go. The ONLY THING.

Everything else was a matter of very heated conjecture.

Under no circumstances should the manager have gone before the owners.

The board admitted that they couldn't take the club forward, that is why Rafa left/was sacked, Roy Hodgson was/is an appointment that was made simply to make do for a bit, and he can't even do that.

He wasn't expected to win anything, there was no pressure on him to do anything, that is the bracket of Manager he is in, simply someone appointed to tread water, they didn't even try to sell it to us that they had appointed a better manager, they wanted someone in who would see the magic tricks going on with the finances and keep his trap shut about it and keep us ticking over.

He is the puppet of owners and a board with no ambition whatsoever other than taking money out of the club and 'brand loyalty' and he can't even manage 'ticking over' THAT is how bad he is.

There is no question as to whether Roy is the right appointment or whether time will tell. He has won fuck all of any note in 30 odd years, I can answer that for you now.

As for whether he was the 'right' appointment, that very much depends on your agenda doesn't it?

My agenda is pro-LFC and anti-owners, therefore never, ever while there are Stars in the sky and there is a hole in my arse is Roy Hodgson the 'right' appointment for my Club. Never.

Now, you can play all the fucking word games you like, you dopey fucking spud twiddling shithouse, but, the bottom line is, he is a puppet appointment by a bunch of cunts and you are supporting and justifying every move that he makes, so therefore supporting every move that they make.

Have a think about that while you're doing your research into whether the Holocaust actually happened or not, you fucking embarrassment.

Absolutely top quality rant. I really, really wish I could rep this.

Wow, great a goal!, another game where we might scrape a draw or won when we don't deserve it. Its hard to get excited cos i know next game it will be the same shit squeezing out a point or win against teams much poorer than us.

Liverpool. The new Fulham.

Just a bit of perspective. We drew against a team who beat us last season, and drew against Arsenal last week. Reina had reasonably little to do. They needed a penalty, and typically dreadful defending from Johnson (he really is bad) to score - apart from that they didn't really trouble us. It's a point that we can build on, and things went well enough for the manager to point to, and build on.

Try to see the positives.

e400a2a07f_noose02212008.jpg

Whatever you are on, can I have some too please!

Nope. The only thing that was as clear as day is that the owners had to go. The ONLY THING.

Everything else was a matter of very heated conjecture.

Under no circumstances should the manager have gone before the owners.

The board admitted that they couldn't take the club forward, that is why Rafa left/was sacked, Roy Hodgson was/is an appointment that was made simply to make do for a bit, and he can't even do that.

He wasn't expected to win anything, there was no pressure on him to do anything, that is the bracket of Manager he is in, simply someone appointed to tread water, they didn't even try to sell it to us that they had appointed a better manager, they wanted someone in who would see the magic tricks going on with the finances and keep his trap shut about it and keep us ticking over.

He is the puppet of owners and a board with no ambition whatsoever other than taking money out of the club and 'brand loyalty' and he can't even manage 'ticking over' THAT is how bad he is.

There is no question as to whether Roy is the right appointment or whether time will tell. He has won fuck all of any note in 30 odd years, I can answer that for you now.

As for whether he was the 'right' appointment, that very much depends on your agenda doesn't it?

My agenda is pro-LFC and anti-owners, therefore never, ever while there are Stars in the sky and there is a hole in my arse is Roy Hodgson the 'right' appointment for my Club. Never.

Now, you can play all the fucking word games you like, you dopey fucking spud twiddling shithouse, but, the bottom line is, he is a puppet appointment by a bunch of cunts and you are supporting and justifying every move that he makes, so therefore supporting every move that they make.

Have a think about that while you're doing your research into whether the Holocaust actually happened or not, you fucking embarrassment.

Wish I'd said that.

Have to say hodgson has performed much worse so far than I expected. We couldn't have had a poorer start than this really,

still not one half -decent performance.

We have won 6 and drew 4 of the 12 competitive games under Roy. For a team that "hardly get a shot on target", we have scored 10 goals in the last 4 games.

Could be worse.

We have won 6 and drew 4 of the 12 competitive games under Roy. For a team that "hardly get a shot on target", we have scored 10 goals in the last 4 games.

Could be worse.

Could you list the teams we got 6 wins against please?

And on the shots on target bit "LFC have had just 53 shots in first 5 games. Only Blackburn, Blackpool, Sunderland, Wolves fewer"