You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

stardorman

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhhh, it says that you registered in March 09, is it only recently that you have started actually reading (and posting) on this forum? I'd say roughly 3 of 4 threads since you joined have been focusing on pro/against Rafael Benitez. Many (most) on here thought the solution to our worries was getting rid of one of the most succesful managers around at all cost. A few on here disagreed (I being one). Don't you think it's ok to have a look and see if we have improved? I agree with your forecoming inevitable comment that it's still early days, but I predict we will become even more sterile, more long balls from the back (that's first option if stakes are getting higher with Hodgson, just look at Agger's comments today) and we'll definitely do as bad (or worse) in the league as last year, even with Torres and Gerrard back to fitness.

See, I wouldn't have argued too much with Rafa leaving if we had some exiting, up and coming manager with fresh ideas and a tendency of winning trophies to succeed him. Perhaps we needed a fresh start, but we did not need Roy Hodgson, the blandest and most negative manager in Europe (may be overexaggerating slightly by now...).

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Why can't you get your fucking head around this:

I RATED BENITEZ. I RATE HIM NOW. BUT THE TIME WAS RIGHT FOR HIM TO LEAVE. WE FINISHED 7TH LAST SEASON AND LOST 19 GAMES. 19 GAMES. 19 GAMES.

Stop being such a fucking girl about a manager who hadn't won us anything in 4 years while spending a shitload of money.

And please stop reeling the usual "You're a sky sports fan you lad". It just makes you look like a tit.

Don't fully agree with certain parts of that but the main point of the post is a good one.

Hodgson not being a better manager than Rafa isn't all that important in terms of how they succeed or whether it was right to change.

Benitez has now hit back with a statement on the official Inter Milan website: "I am honestly surprised that an experienced and important manager like him said these things and spoke so much about me, considering I've been in Italy for three months.

"I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and they know the truth.

"They also know it's easy to judge when you've been in power for 24 years."

If things dont work out at inter for Rafa, I for one would take him back. He quite obviously still loves the club and the fans. if we can get rid of the dirt in the boardroom and negative Roy, he should be welcomed back home.

Let it go mate. I'd have given Rafa more time, but what's done is done. When we look back in years to come I'm sure Rafas record will stand up for itself, his achievements acknowledged.

Now, is Roys time and he deserves the same support we gave Rafa when he started. It's not good at the mo, but then I can remember spending watching Jon welsh, Bruno Cheyrou and Salif at Palace just after Rafa started it was poor, very poor.

So let's judge Roy when he's had a chance. The fundamental problem that faced Ged, Rafa and now Roy, the reason we need a new stadium and why we looked for investment for 6 years was money and if Rafa got squeeZed in the last few years then Roys got his balls in a vice.

I'd rather Rafa having a pop at Fergie, taking him on and complaining about not having enough money to compete for the best players, but Like Rafa did Roy needs to do it his way and be judged on results at the seasons end, give him a chance.

The king is dead long live the king.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He built a great team, Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Sissoko(before the eye injury), Lil Luis, aah good times.

Hodgson will never attract that kind of quality, Toivonen,Konchesky, Nevland and Poulsen is the future Im afraid

Built a great team indeed. Sold 3 of them. One wanted to leave and now has and the other is going in the summer.

Good job.

Rafa is a better manager than Hodgson, but his time was up with us, it had reached the stage where it was better for all concerned with a change.

Rafa became his own biggest enemy because of his ego an he just could no continue.

We are in a mess right now, but thank God Rafa is history at this club.

I have a sofa that I'm not entirely happy with. Trouble is, I'm not really in a position to get a better one at the moment (money etc.). Should I chuck it out anyway and bring the one lying in the street (which doesn't look nearly as comfortable), or wait until I can afford a better one?

Buy a table lamp.

I have a sofa that I'm not entirely happy with. Trouble is, I'm not really in a position to get a better one at the moment (money etc.). Should I chuck it out anyway and bring the one lying in the street (which doesn't look nearly as comfortable), or wait until I can afford a better one?

There isn't room for that sofa and our precious possessions. Better we keep those and go to DFS for a new sofa. It'll be cheap and will get us by until we get enough money to go to Heals.

Ok Dirk but has your couch insisted on buying a flowery cushion that doesn't match your black leather couch or the decor of the room to replace the cushion you've sold on eBay to someone in Spain?

Has the new flowery cushion got rips and tears and has just been fixed with brand new fabric? Is your couch telling you it's a bargain because the cushion would usually cost £30 quid as opposed to the £16 quid you paid for it?

Is this your cushion Dirk? Is this your cushion?

AAAAC0Nu84QAAAAAAFIhMg.jpg