Quantcast
FAO Fernando Torres - Page 4 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Tom R

FAO Fernando Torres

I don't think he looks fit and that is why he isn't working as hard as he usually does.

i thought he worked as hard as anyone on sunday. We supplied him with next to nothing though. Sort the rest of the team and Torres will be banging in the goals.

Guest TK-421
You don't really. That's why I'm telling Fernando Torres to fucking sort HIMSELF out, not blaming the manager for managing it badly!

Derp.

besides, this issue reared it's ugly head last year as well. It's not a new thing with Torres. He needs to have a serious word with himself and sort his head out or just fuck off, frankly.

I disagree, I think a lot depends on the manager when it comes to extracting the most out of players.

Exhibit A: Thierry Henry.

You don't really. That's why I'm telling Fernando Torres to fucking sort HIMSELF out, not blaming the manager for managing it badly!

Derp.

besides, this issue reared it's ugly head last year as well. It's not a new thing with Torres. He needs to have a serious word with himself and sort his head out or just fuck off, frankly.

It's not Torres' fault he's the only player within 50 yards of the opposition's goal.

There's no one to make runs and pull defenders out of position, there's no space upfront for him to work in.

He's being told to stay central and wait for the hoofs and hold up the play, which doesn't suit his style.

It's poor managing, nothing to do with Torres.

I think it's a bit of both things. He's cutting a forlorn figure right now because he's getting fuck all service, and that is fundamentally down to the manager on two counts: 1) he didn't buy the wide players we so obviously needed this summer, and 2) shit tactics. He could definitely work harder right now and give more of an impression that he actually cares on the pitch, but he must be very frustrated and disappointed with the way the team is playing.