You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy completely bullied by baconface

Nathanzx

I honestly would love to see some people on these boards spout their opinions either at the match or in the alehouse before or afterwards.

Anybody who calls the manager a "budgie faced pussy" would rightly get ripped to shreds (and, no, not literally) if they said that phrase in public away from their keyboards.

I've seen the phrase 'fat Spanish cunt'.

That phrase was prevalent on here only months back.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that makes this okay does it? Because I'm pretty sure it wasn't Faustus who made that comment and he'd have pulled up whoever said it. Tit for tat shite. "Well they said it Rafa" doesn't make it right.

Yes, and that wasn't on either. Some of the stuff was pretty disgraceful. I said as much when Rafa was the manager and I said the same when Houllier was coming to the end of his tenure and he started receiving personal, snidey insults.

As I said, you either get it or you don't.

You either get it or you don't.

I'll leave it at that.

If you read my comments on the match thread you'll see I don't really agree with this "coward" nonsense. I actually have nothing but respect for Roy. I just can't resist the temptation to make a bad joke when the opportunity arises, it's cathartic even if it's not funny.

I've barely bothered with this thread and haven't read the last few pages at all as the whole pissing-in-the-wind feeling of the match thread, left me quite disinterested.

Aye, it was. But like yer man Faustus said: "You either get it... or you don't."

Who knew 'Birkenvegas' bred such legendary philosophers.

so i said the lad made a gag and you shouldn't take it seriously, if you do then that's your problem........ so faustus said it wasn't funny and if you think it's funny then that's your problem

I would argue that determining if a man's intentions are malicious or not is (i.e. saying he is joking) a better barometer for judging a man than asking if his sense of humour is your cup of tea but this is an argument about semantics and really neither here nor there

what i do dislike though is the elitist supersupporter garbage argument that somehow seems to say that if I have attended 10,000 games and you have attended just 492 then somehow I am a more worthy supporter than you, i think that's a moronic point of view and I hope none of us share in that................finally many of the worst and most offensive stuff I have heard directed at players and staff has come at games, trust me I have heard a million times worse than "budgie-faced pussy" said about own managers and players at games and that comment was said in jest here in response to another post

oh and just for the record nobody in their right man would give up on roy after 5 games but we are entitled to question some of his comments/decisions etc thus far, for that as our right as supporters, when he starts getting a lot of stuff right (hopefully that day will come) let's all be consistent and be equallya s enthusiastic about putting forth our comments about the positive stuff too

As I said in the match thread, Hodgson's relationship with Ferguson means very little. Rafa was always at war with Ferguson yet we got fucked there five times out of six.

Rafa was judged on his ability to get the team playing winning football and it will be the same with Hodgson.

That's not entirely accurate though is it? Rafa was judged on his politicking with the board, the "coldness" he had towards players, his fact "rant", his uneasy relationship with the press, the academy, so and so didn't like him etc.. basically any stick that was available to beat him with, he was.

so i said the lad made a gag and you shouldn't take it seriously, if you do then that's your problem........ so faustus said it wasn't funny and if you think it's funny then that's your problem

I would argue that determining if a man's intentions are malicious or not is (i.e. saying he is joking) a better barometer for judging a man than asking if his sense of humour is your cup of tea but this is an argument about semantics and really neither here nor there

what i do dislike though is the elitist supersupporter garbage argument that somehow seems to say that if I have attended 10,000 games and you have attended just 492 then somehow I am a more worthy supporter than you, i think that's a moronic point of view and I hope none of us share in that................finally many of the worst and most offensive stuff I have heard directed at players and staff has come at games, trust me I have heard a million times worse than "budgie-faced pussy" said about own managers and players at games and that comment was said in jest here in response to another post

oh and just for the record nobody in their right man would give up on roy after 5 games but we are entitled to question some of his comments/decisions etc thus far, for that as our right as supporters, when he starts getting a lot of stuff right (hopefully that day will come) let's all be consistent and be equallya s enthusiastic about putting forth our comments about the positive stuff too

Finally a bit of sense amid this clusterfuck.

That's not entirely accurate though is it? Rafa was judged on his politicking with the board, the "coldness" he had towards players, his fact "rant", his uneasy relationship with the press, the academy, so and so didn't like him etc.. basically any stick that was available to beat him with, he was.

Only because of the poor football and results though. Nobody would have given a fuck about that other stuff if we were winning every week. All that matters is the results.

They were still mud slinging in the press, don't try make out that Rafa is more disrespectful than other Liverpool managers, he was playing mind games, just like our other managers have done.

The only questionable thing was his timing and if his mind games caused more bad than good but those are totally different arguments.

It's rubbish to say that Rafa didn't act in the 'Liverpool way', he always did.

Course he did. Sleep well.

Only because of the poor football and results though. Nobody would have given a fuck about that other stuff if we were winning every week. All that matters is the results.

08-09 - The results and quality of football was there as was the constant sniping.

Perhaps it is fair to be judged on everything with a degree of weighting & significance?

just looking at some of the post-match comments and they really do emphasise exactly what we are lacking i.e. passion, energy, belief

Whiskeynose came out with his usual one-eyed garbage saying it could have been 10, saying it's a catastrophe for our title chances, saying Torres was trying to get O' Shea sent off (nothing to do with his tackle then taggart you sad bitter old drunk) and that basically the linesman got us back in the game and at 2-2 the result was a travesty....basically he came out with all the spiel you'd expect from a drunk embittered repressed sexually frustrated chronically undereducated and incestuously one-eyed manc fan, usually you'd expect slightly more dignity and magnamity from a manager but that's taggart for you and that's why he's universally hated outside of their place.....but even though he is an angry pile of shoite, he is successful, he stands up for his club and he bends over for nobody

compare his post-match reaction to his old buddy roys

Roy is nice and articulate and erudite and loved by the media because he uses big words, is polite and gives long "thoughtful" answers, he is a reasonable, civilised and dignified man.......oh and he hasn't won an away game this milennium, we have 5 points from 5 games and have had less efforts on goal than my castrated pooch has had wet dreams

Roy after the game said he was happy with our comeback, that we almost saw the game out, that the performance was an improvement on the last few games (no it wasn't, it was the same sterile muck, I was no fan of Rafa but he averaged about 15-20 goal attempts a game, Roy is aiming for about a quarter of that average and failing), we were unlucky, conceding late is tough, "we can take a lot of credit for the way we went about our business", oh and he said maybe Sir Alex (as he calls him) is right that is it catastophic in terms of comparing ourselves with Chelsea but his focus in on trying to get into Champions League, he also said despite people on the Liverpool bench jumping around saying O' Shea should have got red, he thought it would be "churlish" to demand red cards for "petty" offenses and to finish up Roy said "I thought United played well but to undermine our performance is a little bit harsh.

I really am staggered by Roys comments, he just is not a Liverpool manager, simple as that. I am sure he is having a nice glass of shiraz with his friend Sir Alex now and recommending him a new paperbook maybe.

The guy is a decent coach for a side with midtable aspirations, he'll organise a team, make it hard to beat BUT IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO WIN SOMETHING, you need to display some attacking quality, any kind of offensive plan would be good. For God's sake the guy failed to buy a back-up striker for Torres as we desperately whored ourselves out to various agents of unproven strikers on the last day of deadline day leaving them no time to get a replacement.

The ownership issue is the big battle and I know we are just 5 games into the new season but there is no doubt in my mind, Roy is not a Liverpool manager. He is too soft, too nice and too easily bullied by the likes of whiskeynose. He doesn't have enough passion or fight in my opinion but at least he is articulate and respected and well-liked (it's easy to be popular when your rivals beat you and you just take it and smile, oh well, next time eh Roy, jolly good, splendid blah blah blah).

Rafa at least got under the skin of the bullies like Taggart, Allardyce and Mourinho, under Roy on and off the pitch we are just devoid of any kind of passion.......it's time to get nasty, in terms of protests against the owners off the pitch and in terms of our manager and players giving every last drop of blood, sweat and tears to fight back against this dying of the light, not sit there like Roy, smiling patiently at the press, saying "we can take a lot of credit for the way we went about our business".

Liverpool used to be about maintaining a dignified silence, only speaking when you had something to say. Roy strikes me as just another spoofer, spinning his spin, deluding the masses. Just like Hicks and Gillette and then Broughton and Purslow, now Roy too is spinning and spoofing to us all, treating us like idiots, saying nice things as our clubs downward spiral continues.

The performance today was garbage, admit that and do something about it because the last thing the club needs is another propoganda merchant, another spoofer. Fight back!

You're out of order. Like it or fucking not, I bet Roy works like hell to try and sort this club out, even if he fails I bet he puts a ton of effort into trying to make it work. Fuck off with that.

You know what? He still might turn this club around, and this is to the rest of you as well, you'll feel like cunts if that happens. Why put yourself in that position? We support the club for fucks sake, what's the point? Shanks would be disgusted. And yes I fucking well will mention Shanks, because I bet he would be. Get a grip and aim your shit were it should be aimed.

Not liking this friendship bollocks Roy has with Ferguson. We need animosity between the clubs, god knows we get plenty of it from Ferguson, the last thing we need is our own manager sucking up to the drunken jock.

Ah I'm sure he did when he did us a favour in the title race 2 years ago, and another one helping us keep our title record last year. Despite all that though, he's a weak little pasty that can't stand up for himself, isn't he? :whatever:

There is more than enough animosity between us and them, without him adding a bit more.

Edited by mypost