You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy completely bullied by baconface

Nathanzx

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the match thread, Hodgson's relationship with Ferguson means very little. Rafa was always at war with Ferguson yet we got fucked there five times out of six.

Rafa was judged on his ability to get the team playing winning football and it will be the same with Hodgson.

For much of Rafa's time Man Utd were at the top of their game and top of the league. They were never so vulnerable and ready for taking as they were this week. Rafa always gave Man Utd a hard time, even when he didn't win, and he never conceded three goals.

My two cents goes like this: I first of all thought that Rafa should've stayed. He was and is a world class coach, and while I agree there were some, I shall say uninspiring performances last season, in my experience we've never had a manager who had to operate under such circumstances. Namely to be both a politician as well as a football manager and be expected to deliver success ie the Premiership every season while being denied the resources of Chelsea and Man Utd. I will always respect Rafa for what he did for LFC, and for the way he stood up to the owners, all the while taking a pasting from the press whose agenda - and there was one - against him was quite often borderline racist. The 'board' at LFC got rid of him because he was no longer prepared to put up with the situation at the club, no longer prepared to take the crap they'd set him up for. While I can see the benefits for the good of his own health of getting out of that situation, LFC is in my opinion the poorer for it. He should still be at our club, he should still be our manager. To anyone who says "he's gone, get over it" well I say this: if you're happy about what he had to put up with, happy that a bean-counter appointed by RBS consistently undermined him in the press, happy that we're all being lied to, happy that that happened at Liverpool Football Club - YOUR CLUB - then good luck to you. No LFC manager in my lifetime has had to put up with that. As for Roy, he's a decent man, intelligent, articulate, experienced and well-respected. He is not, however, a winner. He has been brought in because he is proven at managing low expectations, which is what we're all being prepared for. For Broughton to say at his press conference that we needed someone to "steady the ship" was scandalous. Who rocked it to begin with? Today was depressing because I honestly believe United were there for the taking at 2-2, only to my mind Roy decided to settle for what we had, we invited them onto us and you know the rest. In the corresponding fixture next season - always assuming we're still in the Premiership (yes, my glass is half-empty...) - we won't have Torres, Gerrard, Reina and possibly Kuyt and Agger because they'll be elsewhere. We're being set up for mid-table AT BEST. They're trying to lower our expectations, and as Fulham proved, Roy is proven at managing teams in such circumstances. This is why they didn't want Kenny as manager, because if Rafa had to go then he was the ONLY man for the job, but could you see him not standing up against the owners, taking the same crap Rafa did? If Hicks gets the refinancing, and let's face it he will, some greedy bastards will do him a deal, then if we're not already then we truly will be finished. God knows what Cecil told Torres and Gerrard to make them stay this summer, but they were probably lied to as well. None of this diatribe makes me happy, but Liverpool FC deserves better. The greater proportion of our fanbase these days who it seems to me have no idea about what it takes to be a Red can all go to hell with their Daily Star tucked in ther arse pockets and Talksport pressed up to their ears. Still, as long as you've got the new shirt that's all right, eh?

These are the opinions of a saddened old Red. Yours may differ from mine, which is fair enough, but in finishing, all I'll say is I love Liverpool FC. Always have, always will no matter where we are. Just don't expect me to enjoy watching it being torn apart. I'll go now. Thanks for reading, sleep well (if you can).

Couldn't agree more, for a quiet dude yer speak a lot of sense.

Edited by Arthur Friedenreich

Ancelotti is another example i've given. I can't remember him getting involved in a spat since he's been here. Wenger is always having a spat with someone and he hasn't won a trophy for years, great manager that he is.

Can't say i've ever known Capello to get involved with all of that nonsense either but I haven't always followed his foreign career...

Im sorry but Wenger has had spats with pricks like Fergie, Fat Sam and hughes, Pulis which are all Fergies bitches. Wenger has never had a spat with Roy, Rafa, martinez etc etc. There are certain managers who will show you no respect and you need to stand up to them. Wenger would never just take Fergie call Torres being a diver and a cheat when Nani was by far the worst cheater on the field.

And to say I hope he invites me to a drink by a man that insulted your team like that, who happens to be your teams biggest rivals as well is pathetic. Wenger nor Rafa drank any wine with anyone and always stood up for their teams.

The english managers do have a pack mentality and all under Fergies sun, the only one different is Blackpool manager who's is own man. There's absolutly no way one can justify what Roy did. Fair enough if you dont want to get involved on a normal circimstances. But just after your team lost in the last few minutes after comming back from 2 goals down and then hear your player get called a cheat is a moment i would expect a reaction from even the calmest man as long as he has any pride

Shanks would be disgusted. And yes I fucking well will mention Shanks, because I bet he would be.

Yes he would be, not defending Torres after Ferguson called him a cheat, just to maintain their friendship, even though Ferguson is walking all over LFC.

Shankly would hate seeing Hodgson putting himself ahead of LFC

Im sorry but Wenger has had spats with pricks like Fergie, Fat Sam and hughes, Pulis which are all Fergies bitches. Wenger has never had a spat with Roy, Rafa, martinez etc etc. There are certain managers who will show you no respect and you need to stand up to them. Wenger would never just take Fergie call Torres being a diver and a cheat when Nani was by far the worst cheater on the field.

And to say I hope he invites me to a drink by a man that insulted your team like that, who happens to be your teams biggest rivals as well is pathetic. Wenger nor Rafa drank any wine with anyone and always stood up for their teams.

The english managers do have a pack mentality and all under Fergies sun, the only one different is Blackpool manager who's is own man. There's absolutly no way one can justify what Roy did. Fair enough if you dont want to get involved on a normal circimstances. But just after your team lost in the last few minutes after comming back from 2 goals down and then hear your player get called a cheat is a moment i would expect a reaction from even the calmest man as long as he has any pride

You're deliberately mis-representing him with that. He said the wine thing before the game, whereas Ferguson's comments were made after the game.

08-09 - The results and quality of football was there as was the constant sniping.

Perhaps it is fair to be judged on everything with a degree of weighting & significance?

If you did a poll at the end of the 08/09 season, it would have been significantly weighted towards Rafa staying at the club. Yes, there were people who didn't like his methods but his results that season spoke for themselves.

That's all that matters. The same issues were there the following season and he was removed from the job; what was the big difference between the two seasons?

My two cents goes like this: I first of all thought that Rafa should've stayed. He was and is a world class coach, and while I agree there were some, I shall say uninspiring performances last season, in my experience we've never had a manager who had to operate under such circumstances. Namely to be both a politician as well as a football manager and be expected to deliver success ie the Premiership every season while being denied the resources of Chelsea and Man Utd. I will always respect Rafa for what he did for LFC, and for the way he stood up to the owners, all the while taking a pasting from the press whose agenda - and there was one - against him was quite often borderline racist. The 'board' at LFC got rid of him because he was no longer prepared to put up with the situation at the club, no longer prepared to take the crap they'd set him up for. While I can see the benefits for the good of his own health of getting out of that situation, LFC is in my opinion the poorer for it. He should still be at our club, he should still be our manager. To anyone who says "he's gone, get over it" well I say this: if you're happy about what he had to put up with, happy that a bean-counter appointed by RBS consistently undermined him in the press, happy that we're all being lied to, happy that that happened at Liverpool Football Club - YOUR CLUB - then good luck to you. No LFC manager in my lifetime has had to put up with that. As for Roy, he's a decent man, intelligent, articulate, experienced and well-respected. He is not, however, a winner. He has been brought in because he is proven at managing low expectations, which is what we're all being prepared for. For Broughton to say at his press conference that we needed someone to "steady the ship" was scandalous. Who rocked it to begin with? Today was depressing because I honestly believe United were there for the taking at 2-2, only to my mind Roy decided to settle for what we had, we invited them onto us and you know the rest. In the corresponding fixture next season - always assuming we're still in the Premiership (yes, my glass is half-empty...) - we won't have Torres, Gerrard, Reina and possibly Kuyt and Agger because they'll be elsewhere. We're being set up for mid-table AT BEST. They're trying to lower our expectations, and as Fulham proved, Roy is proven at managing teams in such circumstances. This is why they didn't want Kenny as manager, because if Rafa had to go then he was the ONLY man for the job, but could you see him not standing up against the owners, taking the same crap Rafa did? If Hicks gets the refinancing, and let's face it he will, some greedy bastards will do him a deal, then if we're not already then we truly will be finished. God knows what Cecil told Torres and Gerrard to make them stay this summer, but they were probably lied to as well. None of this diatribe makes me happy, but Liverpool FC deserves better. The greater proportion of our fanbase these days who it seems to me have no idea about what it takes to be a Red can all go to hell with their Daily Star tucked in ther arse pockets and Talksport pressed up to their ears. Still, as long as you've got the new shirt that's all right, eh?

These are the opinions of a saddened old Red. Yours may differ from mine, which is fair enough, but in finishing, all I'll say is I love Liverpool FC. Always have, always will no matter where we are. Just don't expect me to enjoy watching it being torn apart. I'll go now. Thanks for reading, sleep well (if you can).

Agree with every word of that. Superb post mate.

The Hodgson quotes pre and post match weren't the only worrying ones. Gerrard saying "If we play like that we'll beat most teams" was baffling. We have played like that in most league games and we beat - West Brom.

Stevie, their keeper didn't have a save to make apart from the goals. A penalty and a free-kick, no chances created in open play and the best effort was from the right-back and was 3 yards wide. You are only kidding yourself. Ferguson was exaggerating when he said it could have been 10, but we couldn't have argued had he said 5 or 6.

There's absolutly no way one can justify what Roy did. Fair enough if you dont want to get involved on a normal circimstances. But just after your team lost in the last few minutes after comming back from 2 goals down and then hear your player get called a cheat is a moment i would expect a reaction from even the calmest man as long as he has any pride

That was the point of the comments. It was designed to get a response and much to his disappointment, Roy wouldn't play ball. Shame some of our own fans fell in the trap instead.

I personally think some of the animosity toward Hodgeson is because he's perceived as being part of the English management 'clique'.

Liverpool fans are used to seeing managers promoted from within, or be brought in from abroad with solid reputations. We pride ourselves as a club and as a city as not being part of the English machine, but for the first time, we have a manager who is.

You hear talk of the fact that he's 'friendly' with Ferguson as though it should be a stick to beat him with. Hodgeson is basically a respected English manager who's built a solid reputation with other British managers through being an affable man. He's being perceived - IMO - as being 'one of them' rather than 'one of us', much in the same way as Owen was during his time at the club. From what I've seen, this is thus far his only crime.

I find it amazing how far some people will go to miss the point.

Doesn't the way he's got us playing have an effect on how he's perceived?

Doesn't the players he's bought and those he's let go (without having suitable replacements) have an effect on how he's perceived ?

Doesn't a record of mediocrity over his 30 odd year management career have an effect on how he's perceived?

just looking at some of the post-match comments and they really do emphasise exactly what we are lacking i.e. passion, energy, belief

Whiskeynose came out with his usual one-eyed garbage saying it could have been 10, saying it's a catastrophe for our title chances, saying Torres was trying to get O' Shea sent off (nothing to do with his tackle then taggart you sad bitter old drunk) and that basically the linesman got us back in the game and at 2-2 the result was a travesty....basically he came out with all the spiel you'd expect from a drunk embittered repressed sexually frustrated chronically undereducated and incestuously one-eyed manc fan, usually you'd expect slightly more dignity and magnamity from a manager but that's taggart for you and that's why he's universally hated outside of their place.....but even though he is an angry pile of shoite, he is successful, he stands up for his club and he bends over for nobody

compare his post-match reaction to his old buddy roys

Roy is nice and articulate and erudite and loved by the media because he uses big words, is polite and gives long "thoughtful" answers, he is a reasonable, civilised and dignified man.......oh and he hasn't won an away game this milennium, we have 5 points from 5 games and have had less efforts on goal than my castrated pooch has had wet dreams

Roy after the game said he was happy with our comeback, that we almost saw the game out, that the performance was an improvement on the last few games (no it wasn't, it was the same sterile muck, I was no fan of Rafa but he averaged about 15-20 goal attempts a game, Roy is aiming for about a quarter of that average and failing), we were unlucky, conceding late is tough, "we can take a lot of credit for the way we went about our business", oh and he said maybe Sir Alex (as he calls him) is right that is it catastophic in terms of comparing ourselves with Chelsea but his focus in on trying to get into Champions League, he also said despite people on the Liverpool bench jumping around saying O' Shea should have got red, he thought it would be "churlish" to demand red cards for "petty" offenses and to finish up Roy said "I thought United played well but to undermine our performance is a little bit harsh.

I really am staggered by Roys comments, he just is not a Liverpool manager, simple as that. I am sure he is having a nice glass of shiraz with his friend Sir Alex now and recommending him a new paperbook maybe.

The guy is a decent coach for a side with midtable aspirations, he'll organise a team, make it hard to beat BUT IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO WIN SOMETHING, you need to display some attacking quality, any kind of offensive plan would be good. For God's sake the guy failed to buy a back-up striker for Torres as we desperately whored ourselves out to various agents of unproven strikers on the last day of deadline day leaving them no time to get a replacement.

The ownership issue is the big battle and I know we are just 5 games into the new season but there is no doubt in my mind, Roy is not a Liverpool manager. He is too soft, too nice and too easily bullied by the likes of whiskeynose. He doesn't have enough passion or fight in my opinion but at least he is articulate and respected and well-liked (it's easy to be popular when your rivals beat you and you just take it and smile, oh well, next time eh Roy, jolly good, splendid blah blah blah).

Rafa at least got under the skin of the bullies like Taggart, Allardyce and Mourinho, under Roy on and off the pitch we are just devoid of any kind of passion.......it's time to get nasty, in terms of protests against the owners off the pitch and in terms of our manager and players giving every last drop of blood, sweat and tears to fight back against this dying of the light, not sit there like Roy, smiling patiently at the press, saying "we can take a lot of credit for the way we went about our business".

Liverpool used to be about maintaining a dignified silence, only speaking when you had something to say. Roy strikes me as just another spoofer, spinning his spin, deluding the masses. Just like Hicks and Gillette and then Broughton and Purslow, now Roy too is spinning and spoofing to us all, treating us like idiots, saying nice things as our clubs downward spiral continues.

The performance today was garbage, admit that and do something about it because the last thing the club needs is another propoganda merchant, another spoofer. Fight back!

There's a lot of depressing truth in there.

But nothing we didn't already know, or fear would be the case.

You cant be best friends,with that wine soaked cunt and manage liverpool,He hates us more than anything ,did you see the cunt belittle liverpool yesterday what a cunt,Rafa for all his faults was the only one to stand up to the bully,even sky comentators were scared yesterday of him,what an utter horrible twat,roy sorry but your to nice to manage Liverpool in a Fergie dominiated era.

There was a reason why Slur didn't like or get on with Rafa, because Rafa had him rattled and called him out for being a cunt that he is.. Roy needs to put his "friendship" aside and fucking defend himself and our club and players.....

I'm not sure finishing above Liverpool in every season Benitez was here, winning three titles and a European Cup counts as "rattled".

Guest TesticleOReilly

Everyone's blabbing on about our performances under Roy, but there's onl thing that can't be debated: the facts (yeah, I said it ... facts)

In 72 away games, Roy Hodgson has won 12. Debate over, now get back to slagging Ferguson.

You're out of order. Like it or fucking not, I bet Roy works like hell to try and sort this club out, even if he fails I bet he puts a ton of effort into trying to make it work. Fuck off with that.

You know what? He still might turn this club around, and this is to the rest of you as well, you'll feel like cunts if that happens. Why put yourself in that position? We support the club for fucks sake, what's the point? Shanks would be disgusted. And yes I fucking well will mention Shanks, because I bet he would be. Get a grip and aim your shit were it should be aimed.

He doesn't have the tools to "Fix this club" - there's nothing in his past management history that you could point to and say "There - that's what he's done previously, if he can do that for us it will put us back on top of the pile again".

Can we please give Roy more than 6 league games guys?

Particularly under the difficult circumstances.

This is the problem I have with people accusing others of judging Hodgeson too fast - he's got THIRTY YEARS of football management behind him to base any criticism of him on. Point at something in that thirty years he's done which merits him being Manager of Liverpool football club and that might convince me.

Guest TesticleOReilly
He doesn't have the tools to "Fix this club" - there's nothing in his past management history that you could point to and say "There - that's what he's done previously, if he can do that for us it will put us back on top of the pile again".

This. Add the issue of him being pensionable age and it's like teaching your great grandad to bust some moves on a hoverboard. Never gonna happen. Not Roy's fault. Bless him, he still thinks there's some romance about managing the mighty Liverpool.