You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bert

Well, on the one hand bad results can always happen. And if we had realistic options about challenging for other prizes we might possibly be able to brush this bad result off a bit more easily. But we don't. We are regressing, and unfortunately this represented our best chance at silverware this year.

On the other hand, I'm struggling to get as worked up about this result and lacklustre performance as it rightly deserves, purely because of off pitch issues. If we get suitable custodians in I might yet consider this a great season, no matter what happens on the pitch. But if we don't get new owners, as bad as this result is, there is much worse to come.

This.

Our reserves, and a couple of players who need to be sold, lost in a cup we didn't take seriously. Our new manager hardly covered himself in glory and if nothing else seems pretty angry from his post match apology. Time for him to do something about it. It's embarrassing for all concerned, for Molby with his ridiculous Rafa comment, and for some of those over-reacting on here. Carling Cup? We have bigger fatter Texan problems right now.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm none of the above terms.

Now you've admitted to be a self-confessed racist in front of the members here. I hope you're proud of yourself.

I now ask the other non-racist members, if that's the kind of fanbase we as a club want?

Your a cunt who's been barred from other sites for constantly talking shite about Rafa and talking like a fucking moron in trying to defend Woy, guess what " he's SHIT, has always been SHIT and done or won nothing of significance in 30 fucking years of management and fucking morons like you wanted him to take the club forward because he's a great man manager, FUCK OFF."

I was going to try to raise everyone's spirits by mentioning Rafa's magnificent 4-0 win tonight to put Inter clear at the top, but on second thoughts I think it would be gratuitous of me to interrupt the thread's finely balanced syllogistic discussion of racism and potatoes.

Your constantly talking shite about Rafa and trying to defend Woy, guess what " he's SHIT, has always been SHIT and done or won nothing of significance in 30 fucking years of management and you wanted him to take the club forward because he's a great man manager"

I didn't talk shite about Rafa, I spoke imo the truth. The truth hurt people. I can't help it if they can't take it, I didn't like it but it had to be said, and was.

I back Roy, but when he makes mistakes, I'll criticise him for it. I did so last night, I will do in the future.

As for "won nothing of significance", well we've won nothing of significance for a long time, we're unfortunately getting used to it.

Dear oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Roy'll sort it though, I'm sure of it. He's criticised the team a little too in saying he's bitterly disappointed that they didn't repay faith. Remember Arry criticising Spurs a few times before they became good- when it was needed. Worked a treat.

Dear oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Roy'll sort it though, I'm sure of it. He's criticised the team a little too in saying he's bitterly disappointed that they didn't repay faith. Remember Arry criticising Spurs a few times before they became good- when it was needed. Worked a treat.

Maybe Purslow should 'ave hired `arry instead.

That wasn't what he was saying, im sure the bench would of been stronger if we hadn't of sold certain players or loaned them out! But then again you would of expected certain players who started to have done the job!

I didn't have a problem with the starting 11 when I 1st read it, lets not blame the bench, that starting 11 was more than capable of twating fucking Northampton! I've been patient long enough with Babel and its taken me up until now to say it but he's not good enough. He should of shone against them tonight he was shite, although he wasn't as shite, Lucas should of shone he was average against a league 1 side! Starting to lose patience with him, them two had no excuses tonight they should of run the show.

This. I'm sick of the underperforming shite we have in our squad. Babbel, Agger et al need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Having said that giving the shite that surrounds our club these days the result hardly merited a flicker on the rageometer.

My stream was as shitty as the performance, but still good enough to see that the guys who have full mouths of shit how they should be in first team were just terrible.

Especially Babel and Agger. People calling for Agger to start league games must be joking. Maybe he can pass a ball but he absolutely can´t defend. And that against League Two outfit.

Babel must be also moved on. He is lost.

Disgrace.

I feel a bit sorry for Hodgson in all honesty. He is out of his depth, he knows it and we know it. He was onto a good thing at Fulham getting a bit of credit near the end of his career. Now he's going to go down in history as one of our worst ever managers. The ignominy of that will follow him round for the rest of his life.

I feel a bit sorry for Hodgson in all honesty. He is out of his depth, he knows it and we know it. Now he's going to go down in history as one of our worst ever managers. The ignominy of that will follow him round for the rest of his life.

His reserve team lost at home to Northampton. A win with the first team on Saturday, and last night will be forgotten about.

paddyberger's behaviour is this thread is a bit of a joke. Fine if you don't agree with someone but is that kind of abuse really necessary? Would you really treat someone like that if you were in the same room?

I am not sure if that result last night says more about Roy or our reserve players. A little of both I suspect and it doesn't reflect well on either.

I just despair at the way some invite this kind of situation. Time and again they compete with each other to suggest the most eclectic rag-bag of a reserve side to play against a bunch of giantkillers-in-waiting, then they react with amazement when there's a giantkilling. And most of the young players with potential are demonised for not gelling into a mean and experienced first team within a matter of minutes. Maybe in future a bit of sobriety will be invested in pre-match discussions, but I doubt it. (But at least now Brad Jones will be all set if he's needed to come off the bench in a few months' time.)

Just an absolute disgrace.

The players involved need to take a long look at themselves and decide whether they really want to be at the club because, if that's the best they can produce, then they all need to go.

As for Hodgson, well, this is one of the few examples I have seen where a new manager comes in and the team gets even worse. We had ONE shot on goal within the first 90 minutes. His mentality is stifling, his ability to change things from the bench is non-existent and his recently lauded tactical acumen has yet to be displayed during his time at the club.

It began with a 4-4-2 away to Man City, continued with being played off the park at home to West Brom and now stands with allowing his team to play like the underdog at home to a side in League 2.

His comments after the game did little to rally the troops either. Take some responsibility Roy and do the decent thing if this continues on to christmas.