Quantcast
LFC, BarCap and Re-Financing - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
SpiritOfShankly

LFC, BarCap and Re-Financing

This confuses me:

Did the changes proposed by BarCap , in line with Slaughter & May's advice, sufficiently address the Executive Directors' questions regarding their fiduciary responsibilities, and as a result prevent them from using this argument to continue to stop re-financing?

What you are saying above is: did the changes remove the ability of the Executive Directors to block refinancing? Isn't it the other way around?

Well I'll be blowed. You'll be telling us H&G are in it for the money next.

You're talking about businessmen and corporate entities. Their primary objective is to make a profit, or a living, and develop or at least maintain the profitability of their business.

The best we can hope for, now and in the future, is that those objectives align to a greater degree with our objectives as fans. I believe that Broughton's objectives and priorities are broadly aligned with our own; i.e. to find a buyer who is willing (highly likely to be for profit rather than the love of the club) to invest in the squad and a new stadium.

I see where you are coming from, but Broughton must have known that BarCap have been trying to re-finance from the beginning. He tells us he is there to sell the club, they dont want to sell. Why is he still here??

I see where you are coming from, but Broughton must have known that BarCap have been trying to re-finance from the beginning. He tells us he is there to sell the club, they dont want to sell. Why is he still here??

Interesting question, if the cunts do get refinance then I don't see the need for his role anymore. His role was to sell the club, unless the cunting scum think the refinance is just short term to get a better sale price then he is wasting his time

Interesting question, if the cunts do get refinance then I don't see the need for his role anymore. His role was to sell the club, unless the cunting scum think the refinance is just short term to get a better sale price then he is wasting his time

Thanks - i'd go further than that though. If you were charged with the job of selling something the moment the owners decide that they do not want to sell, you would walk as you are not going to reach your objective.

If "reputation" is so important for people like Broughton he should've gone as soon as he knew they were not serious about selling instead of becoming their shield ( in my opinion ) Unless he is only here for the wedge?

It is obvious fuck all is working, more direct action needs to be taken. Everyone needs to wake the fuck up.

We are going to slide into oblivion slowly if it keeps on going the way it is.

Thanks - i'd go further than that though. If you were charged with the job of selling something the moment the owners decide that they do not want to sell, you would walk as you are not going to reach your objective.

If "reputation" is so important for people like Broughton he should've gone as soon as he knew they were not serious about selling instead of becoming their shield ( in my opinion ) Unless he is only here for the wedge?

No mate he is here for the pride in being the chairman of LFC.

I dont totally agree there, refinance was one of the options bar cap said they would be looking at back in April, it's just that we all saw the word sell and got excited.

I think we have to remember that this refinance is not done and dusted and may not happen, so currently both refinance and a sale are still options (technically if not realistically).

This confuses me:

What you are saying above is: did the changes remove the ability of the Executive Directors to block refinancing? Isn't it the other way around?

Why would it be the other way round. They blocked the initial refinancing because they legally had to (no other reason).

From what understand the terms of the refinancing have been changed so the directors wont be held accountable/in breach of their legal duties so it can go ahead.

Why not pull out a few cables from the sky vans?

Just as effective but in reality the police can charge people with very little.

both good ways to start getting people to take notice

lets take the pitch and stop the game being played

Good idea, if the french truck drivers want people to sit up and listen they don't piss about . How hard could it be to delay the kick off , and piss off sky and the premier league

Good idea, if the french truck drivers want people to sit up and listen they don't piss about . How hard could it be to delay the kick off , and piss off sky and the premier league

it can be done. fat scouser just said that j mc gave his season ticket up in protest, well done lad them two could get this going in the right direction again

BarCap's primary role is to facilitate the sale of the club. The contingency plan is to find alternative forms of finance in order to prevent the club from going into administration, as RBS would appear to have no appetite for taking ownership of the club on. Barcap and Broughton would, for many reasons, would much prefer the club to be sold. Broughton, Purslow and Ayre have already moved to block refinancing. BarCap have refused to provide funds themselves to the current owners. It should be clear where the priorities are.

I would actually say getting Sky on the side of the protests will be far more useful then pissing them off.

Not a hope in hell in out-playing the yanks PR company via sky,not a hope.They'd easily buy out sky's opinion

Why did Martin Broughton say the club would be sold "before the end of the transfer season" when BarCap were proposing re-financing "solutions" until at least the end of July?

Ah but which transfer window? I reckon summer 2013 judging by current progress.

BarCap's primary role is to facilitate the sale of the club. The contingency plan is to find alternative forms of finance in order to prevent the club from going into administration, as RBS would appear to have no appetite for taking ownership of the club on. Barcap and Broughton would, for many reasons, would much prefer the club to be sold. Broughton, Purslow and Ayre have already moved to block refinancing. BarCap have refused to provide funds themselves to the current owners. It should be clear where the priorities are.

What exactly is the point of your post? Periodically you appear and pontificate on the obvious. Most of us know what a bank is and a business. Most of us have read the reports about the attempts to refinance and sell. Perhaps you need to repeat the obvious to make it clear to yourself. But judging by the condescending tone you adopt I suspect its more to do with your never-ending quest to sound knowledgeable. It 'aint working!

And to think there are people who go the match and say "they bought us Torres". It really is wake up time.

That is all that matters, they go the match and pay to be dry arse raped.

You think the cunts that own us give a shit whether the dopes that give them money like them or not?

They couldn't give a flying fuck and probably are pissing themselves laughing when those nasty people who send them letters that aren't very nice turn up every other week and give them their money.

i am surprised that RBS - who we are led to believe were the ones who approached Barcap to sell the club - want to see the debt refinanced rather than sold

surely the only way they'd deffo get their money back is via a sale?

also what has changed to allow them to get refinance - i thought they were both fucked financially?

refinancing doesn't change the fact that these 2 jokers can't afford to build the stadium and buy new players! or even change the fact that we are still making a loss every financial year due to the crippling repayment fees!

the whole situation fucking stinks!!!

Again, I see what you are saying, but didnt Cecil say in a radio interview that plan A,B,C & D was to sell the club?? There was no mention of a contingency plan.

Again, I see what you are saying, but didnt Cecil say in a radio interview that plan A,B,C & D was to sell the club?? There was no mention of a contingency plan.

He also said they have an excellent relationship with RBS and that RBS taking over the club won't happen.