You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No way will we get rid of him before Christmas.

Agree, but we will be bottom half at Christmas, I firmly believe that. We play with two holding mids at home and Hodgson hasn't won an away game since about 1998.

Career win percentages:

Hodgson 40% (at Fulham it was 39%)

Dalglish 51%

Rafa 54%

Houllier 51%

Roy Evans finished 4th, 3rd, 4th and 3rd.

We will finish well outside the top 4.

I didn't wnat him, I still don't and anyone saying 'give him time' obviously doesn't understand we don't have time, we need results and our best players to be allowed to attack.

Torres, Gerrard, cole, Maxi etc would steamroller most teams if given confidence and belief.

Fucking shambles.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what did we do - we sat back. And, hey presto, they score again.

Actually we tried to keep the pressure up, Meireles nearly snuck a header inside the post and we also nearly found Torres in behind Evans (only for Evans to bring out his alloted one good tackle for the 90 mins) and they worked their way back into the ascendancy as we began to lose our momentum. It was not an immediate change of tactics and it's bollocks to try and represent it as such.

We'll lose our best players by next season. We'll be midtable mediocre at the very best.

I've really lost it with Roy. It was so blatant today. And to say that afterwards as well. There were more than 20 minutes left of the game when we conceded. Why on earth was he holding out for a draw?

Infact.

I take back what I said. I don't think we where shit, I just don't think we had an attacking outlet. For periods of the game we managed to keep hold of the ball and pass it well. Cole was getting fuck all service, and Torres was feeding off scraps.

For the first 10 minutes our midfield was non existent, and we managed to weather the storm. However I've no faith in any of our defenders at the moment, Carragher included. It's a sad state of affairs.

Well... I dont think he`s enjoyed the first 80 mins in his life. And I know it`s unfair picking out one individual, but I dont think I have seen a worse performance ever by a Liverpool left back. Nani did whatever he wanted...run past him...putting crosses in unchallenged.

Don't forget the multiple nutmegs. Konchesky was an utter liability and Agger simply has to start the next game.

We were shit today, again. First half was atrocious. Very poor defending by Evans in giving away that pen. I have no idea what the mancs were complaining about, it was a stonewall pen.

The free-kick was again shit defending, and O'Shea could have walked for it. I thought a yellow was ok, as it looked to me like Van der Saar was well on his way to intercepting the pass and would have beaten Nando to it.

Fantastic free-kick from Gerrard, superb goal. It looked like it was rehearsed the way Cole helped breaking up the wall.

I thought taking Maxi off for N'Gog was a good sub, as was putting Agger on for Konchesky. If I never see the latter play for us again I'll be happy. He's a worse signing than Dossena, and that's saying something. At least Dossena knew how to defend a fucking post at corners. Agger simply has to play left back.

I didn't see the point in taking Meireles off, I thought he was one of our better players. Unless he was injured, of course.

We were very, very poor today. I can't remember their keeper making a single save.

Five games. Five points. It's looking grim already.

Cowardly tactics but not entirely unexpected from Hodgson.

We got back into the game thanks to two gifts and they were there for the taking but Hodgson doesn't believe in offensive football unless we're already losing.

It's only been 5 games but I am sick to death of these boring, shithouse tactics already.

100% spot on.

Infact.

I take back what I said. I don't think we where shit, I just don't think we had an attacking outlet. For periods of the game we managed to keep hold of the ball and pass it well. Cole was getting fuck all service, and Torres was feeding off scraps.

For the first 10 minutes our midfield was non existent, and we managed to weather the storm. However I've no faith in any of our defenders at the moment, Carragher included. It's a sad state of affairs.

Should be Carragher especially. He is no longer good enough. Agger/Skrtel must be tried otherwise get Wilson in there. Can't do any worse.

Another thing, our wide play is horrific. The time for Pacheco is now. Let's get the youngsters in. They could not be worse than what we are dishing out at the moment.

Should be Carragher especially. He is no longer good enough. Agger/Skrtel must be tried otherwise get Wilson in there. Can't do any worse.

Another thing, our wide play is horrific. The time for Pacheco is now. Let's get the youngsters in. They could not be worse than what we are dishing out at the moment.

At least they'll have the ambition, something to prove. We'd probably get a better performance from them.

I can't, in all honesty, complain about the result - the Scum were the superior side on the day and we sat back for far too long. I was hoping that the N'Gog sub followed by the goal would inspire us, but it wasn't to be.

Disappointed in Torres' and Coles' contibrutions, but Nani is the cunt of the day for me. How was he not booked for simulation? Is it a requirement at Old Toilet that they have to have at least one despicable diving cunt in their team?

Oh, and our defending at set pieces would disgrace a sunday league team. That's the one thing I can't forgive.

Konchesky produced one of the worst displays I've ever seen from a defender in a red shirt. How is it possible to have so many years of experience on his back, and still be so unbelievable shit in his positioning play.

Djimi Traore is Franco fucking Baresi in comparasion. He had a few recovering abilities to get him out of his own trouble at least.

Konchesky doesn't

Picking on Konchesky is just ignoring the elephant in the room which is Carra. He just cannot defend without leaving his feet or grabbing the opposition. Berbatov is not known for his athleticism or dynamism but made Carra look like he was playing in mud.

I don't get all the Anti-Roy antagonism - Well I DO but the anger shouldn't be directed at him - HE took an opportunity he was offered - Blame those who OFFERED him the opportunity to manage us and ourselves for ALLOWING it to go so far that Rafa' was fired despite a virtually bomb-proof (ha-ha) contract. Also, Despite what others think - I believe it was a change to go there and FIGHT BACK from 2 goals down instead of what we did under Rafa' for about 4 seasons after he came when we went a goal or two down and just gave up before attempting to attack them at Anfield and losing to a stupid set-piece goal or a lack of marking at crosses (BOTH of which were back in evidence today).

Either way, I believe we did more attacking there in that 18 minutes or so including our 2 goals there than we did at OT in FOUR seasons under Rafa' between September 2004 and August 2009. Actually Rafa's FIRST game there in September 2004? Was probably the worst of the lot despite us scoring our only goal there under him for 5 seasons - Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy and Giggs utterly humiliated us that night and it was only an Alonso inspired fightback that kept the score down and got us back in it after Gerrard went off injured. I think the fact that despite Rafa' being our most attacking manager in decades towards the end of his reign - the fact that Gerrard has taken until Rafa's 6 seasons have gone to score MORE than 1 goal at OT whereas Giggs managed THAT at Anfield 6 seasons ago speaks volumes as well - At least we didn't go there and sit back haplessly for the whole 90 minutes under Roy as we did under Rafa' for nearly half a decade - We tried to but I think Roy soon realised that wouldn't work and we got both the monkeys of scoring away goals, goals at OT AND goals against United off our backs relatively quickly I thought - I think the team might take increased confidence from the goals today and it may help in our NEXT away match despite our defeat today.

In the end, We probably did more at OT today Under Roy DESPITE Losing than Rafa' did for the first 4 years or so of his reign - Roy's error was thinking 'safety first' tactics would work for even 10 minutes against THEM - The way to beat them is to KEEP attacking them and not ALLOW them to have a head of steam by possessing the ball in THEIR half and Liverpool? Well us, Unlike Fulham have the players to do that against them every time - Unfortunately? Roy didn't think so today but let's hope he's learned his lesson from this defeat - That being that WHEN we have our foot on their necks? We snap down and BREAK said necks rather than holding off in hope of a well-earned draw. At least with Meireles there - we look like having a team who can find their way to putting their foot on team's necks again and our front-line at LAST has a new supplier (maybe two if you count Cole). Also, I thought Webb refereed well today for once (rare with us at OT) and maybe having an English manager helps us as it does United and others with all those 'little' decisions like lots of free-kicks/corners etc that continental managers here just DON'T seem to get? The main problem I DID have with the referee was his (usual for ref's) selective 'blindness' to booking United players at OT - Mind I doubt THAT would happen even if they carried an UZI onto the field of play - For mere bad tackles? Forget it.

Anyway, I'm Afraid to say it's a learning process under Roy all over again as it was from the start with Rafa' - An Englishman hasn't taken charge of a club THIS big for far to long and It may take Roy a while to learn but it seems he's picked up SOME lessons quicker than Rafa' and at least we ATTACK United under him - I don't know WHAT I'd do if we went another 4 or so seasons without even SCORING against them Home OR Away as we did under Rafa' - That was horrible. I'm not knocking Rafa' BTW - He was a great coach and manager for us - He was just here at the Wrong time with the WRONG owners who constricted our spending, stunted our growth to the Ultimate goal he had in mind with us and then used his predictable Vesuvius like Explosion to remove him for their own nefarious ends.

To Conclude? Here's hoping for better times under Roy to come - At least we looked like a TEAM for some of the game today rather than a mechanical defensive machine as we have without an Alonso type in the last few seasons, I think Meireles had something to do with that and he MAY be the answer to the recent attacking problems we've had with supplying the front 2 - We shall see soon enough. Today was bad but could have been worse but it's onward and upward from here. Nothing will REALLY change until the owners are gone though - THAT remains our real priority in my opinion - The sooner they're gone? The sooner our club can LIVE again instead of the likes of me thinking they're watching the "Hicks Profit Vehicle" where "Liverpool Football Club" used to be - It's time our club lived again and H & G's regime? Died a FINAL death as it so richly deserves.....................

Edited by Redshadow

Well... I dont think he`s enjoyed the first 80 mins in his life. And I know it`s unfair picking out one individual, but I dont think I have seen a worse performance ever by a Liverpool left back. Nani did whatever he wanted...run past him...putting crosses in unchallenged. Warnock had a mare at Southampton in that famous worst match in 40 year. Insua struggled a few times last season, but nowhere near as outplayed as this.

He may work against Wigan and Stoke...but I fear how he will be exposed against Chelsea and Arsenal.

What I thought!!! He's fucking shite....