You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa's reply to Ferguson's rant today:

F.C. Internazionale Milano

Benitez: "Ferguson? I'm surprised"

Saturday, 18 September 2010 15:16:01 permalink

APPIANO GENTILE - Rafael Benitez is very surprised to learn that he is still the focus of attention on the eve of tomorrow's English Premier League match between Manchester United and his former club Liverpool. The Spanish coach is entirely focused on Inter and the upcoming Serie A games, starting with tomorrow afternoon's clash in Palermo.

At the end of today's press conference at Inter's training ground, and after reading the comments of Alex Ferguson reported by British and Italian websites, Benitez remarked: "I am genuinely surprised that an experienced and important coach like him said these things and talked so much about me. I have been in Italy for three months now... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."

I just hope that if we go behind Hodgson doesn't wait until the 80 minute to change things when it's too bloody late.

I hope he starts with the right team (anything but Lucas and Poulsen together in centre midfield) - so he shouldn't need to make changes.

The Mancs really are quite shit, every team that goes there just gifts them the three points. They're pretty disjointed and with all the Rooney controversy surrounding the team the timing for this game couldn't be more perfect. They are there for the taking. We need to press them early, I expect our players will dial it up a few knobs and fuck these knobs. High tempo, harrying them, movement off the ball. Torres will come to life in this one, you just watch. He's been pretty quiet with all the criticism, I can feel an explosion coming soon. Joe Cole is itching to get back on the field and repay our trust. I think Raul will get the start because he's been really impressive in the glimpses of what we've seen so far. If we approach this game with the right tactics and mentality, we've every chance of taking the points at Old Toilet.

...............Reina.......................

Jonno......Carra....Agger.....Konch

Maxi........Gerrard...Meriles...Jova

.................Cole........................

.................Torres....................

As mentioned Gerrard has to play deeper in this game, as he always is a peripheral figure against class teams when behind torres. The likes of Lucas/Poulsen would get outplayed in midfield if they are paired together.

Plus Cole seems to be revelling in the free role.

Rumoured team:

Reina

Johnson

Carragher

Skrtel

Konchesky

Poulsen

Merieles

Maxi

Cole

Gerrard

Torres

Happy with that one. The only player who I wouldn´t like to see is Maxi, but hopefully he will finally show something.

So it is proably Cole on the left side with Stevie playing supporting striker.

...............Reina.......................

Jonno......Carra....Agger.....Konch

Maxi........Gerrard...Meriles...Jova

.................Cole........................

.................Torres....................

As mentioned Gerrard has to play deeper in this game, as he always is a peripheral figure against class teams when behind torres. The likes of Lucas/Poulsen would get outplayed in midfield if they are paired together.

Plus Cole seems to be revelling in the free role.

Obviously not true. However, would probably play him with lucas and j.cole ahead as i'm not sure meireles is redy yet. Not convinced by jovanovic at all and long term i think our best front six is

......Meireles.....Lucas......

Kuyt.......Gerrard.......Cole

.............Torrres.............

This games against United used to be the highlight of the season before. Unfortunately I have no excitement anymore, thanks to Hicks and Gillett. I think this match is totally uninportant compared to whats going on behind the scenes. We will probobly playing championship soccer in one year or two if Hicks can continue his ownership. Therefor BOYCOTT!!