You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Dalglish - in his own words

Coro

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be fair, they weren't saying 'we don't want you,' they were saying 'we want you for something else'. Should they have acceded to his wishes when he then said he wanted to be considered for the manager's job? Yes. But plenty on here - myself included - were not immediately keen on seeing him go back to that and risk getting all the flak that now goes with it. I ended up changing my mind and wanting to see him get the chance, but let's not re-write history to suit our prejudices.

If y'all stop with emotion for a second you'll realize it would have been a terrible time to appoint him. We are from from fnancially equipped enough to challenge and make right noises at the right end of the table. Till the ownership shit is sorted (if ever) I would rather he stayed away from the hot seat. Those who suggest he would "unite the fans"... To do what exactly? He would end up frustrated and disheartened like we all are.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Not wishing to diss the King but I think he let the club down from promoting himself for the job rather than telling the board to appoint a manager like McLeish.

haha.

When they said 'WE DON'T WANT YOU KENNY'.

He should have told them to go and find some investment and sell the club as they were employed and let him get on with it. He's too much class for that of course.

Clearly they weren't considering what the fans wanted then, not even for a second did it occur to them. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

When they said 'WE DON'T WANT YOU KENNY'.

He should have told them to go and find some investment and sell the club as they were employed and let him get on with it. He's too much class for that of course.

Clearly they weren't considering what the fans wanted then, not even for a second did it occur to them. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

Your right there mate..

When Rafa was asked he said Kenny should get the job because he wanted it and because nobody knew the club better than he and because of his successful record as manager and player. Many former players also said he should get it.

But Purslow persuaded Broughton they would be better off with a patsy.

I agree that it was better for Rafa to leave rather than take any more of the bullshit. He should have left one year before. But his commitment to the club and determination to overcome the odds clouded his assessment of what was best for himself.

Given the mongs we have following us wanting rid of a manager with a played 8 won 5 drew 2 and lost 1,although I wanted kenny as manager, I'm kinda glad he didn't get it as some of our fans don't deserve him, and would just try tarnish him and would be calling him alsorts after a bad performance

Some did that with our last manager?

Our only hope is new owners, who see dalglish as the catalyst in a new 'success investment.' what an excuse: 'we want you in a role that extends past the managerial tenure'. fuck that! they could easily make him manager, and, when his role as manager reached an end, could then have extended the 'other' role to him as a service to a great man who deserves all we can give him in return for his service to us, regardless of how well he does for us in the interim.

shocked, gutted and feeling even worse after watching that abysmal performance against birmingham. the club is being sabotaged by a trojan horse, and the bastards inside the horse are running amok showing no mercy.

They were scared to give him the job. When Rafa spoke out, it split the support ( ie some behind him, some thinking he was moaning )

If Hodgson speaks out, it will again split the support as some didnt want him in the first place.

Imagine how many would listen if Kenny was Manager and spoke out. If they sacked him for it they would be fucking lynched ( Which they should be anyway)

Not wishing to diss the King but I think he let the club down from promoting himself for the job rather than telling the board to appoint a manager like McLeish.

Once he left the appointment process it was all clear for that cunt purslow to appoint our current crettin manager.

If Kenny had stayed in the process i am sure he would have made sure we didnt end up with Hodgson.

That's bollock RN. And now you've said it twice you're receiving a neg.

Given the mongs we have following us wanting rid of a manager with a played 8 won 5 drew 2 and lost 1,although I wanted kenny as manager, I'm kinda glad he didn't get it as some of our fans don't deserve him, and would just try tarnish him and would be calling him alsorts after a bad performance

Cut the bullshit mate, ain't read anywhere where anyone has said they want the manager gone now, just another fallacy amongst fallacies.

There's a difference between wanting rid of the bloke to not believing that he is good enough for us.

Nobody wants him gone, yet.