You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy M

Which option is closest to your thinking on Roy?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Which option is closest to your thinking on Roy?

• I like Roy and I would like to see him given time to succeed.
    • Not my first choice, but he's here and I'd like to see him given time before I make a judgement.
    • He may/may not have been the right choice, but from what I've seen I've got no faith in him.
    • I don't want him here, and I want him sacked before any more damage is done.

To be honest I think deep down we all want to give him a chance

But he's made some stupid decisions in his short time

1.He has played the dreaded partnership of Lucas and Poulsen,which lets face it my 10 year old can see doesnt work.

2.He has bought two 30 year olds,costing around 8 million

3.He hasn't bought us the striker we all crave and need

4.Letting Insua go on loan with one year left on his contract

5.Letting Aqualani go on loan when he would of helped us this season and defo would have come in handy

6.He hasn't changed games when needed,ie Subs after 70 mins when we needed them.

But on the other hand....

1.Hes got us Joe Cole and Meireles who when on form should be superb players.

2.He got Torres and Gerrard to hang on for the season.

3.His hands are tied with the owners.

Jesus adding them up now he's done fuck all and hasnt had the best start to the Job at all.

The issue is this. Anyone with a level head, knew at the time that sacking Benitez and replacing him with a far inferior coach was not the answer. Unfortunately, too many whoppers in our fan base, who fell in with this media line that Benitez should go, and the board capitalised and took that oppurtunity to remove a thorn in their side. Therefore, they got away with it, brought in a yes man or patsy, fans were happy cause he's english, will stick an arm around the players shoulders and ruffle their hair etc.

What most of you are coming to realise, and will realise is that this managerial change was without doubt a stupid move (In football terms, not for the board) that we will suffer the consequences of. Transfer funds quite clearly disappeared in the summer, but you won't hear roy complain, instead you'll get excuses such as there were no good strikers available, we have enough quality here (We clearly don't).

He's trying to punch well above his weight, I don't blame him, if I was offered such a job promotion, I would jump at it, regardless of how up to it I am. The issue lies now, with fans who would not offer the former manager a chance to correct his mistakes last season, but are now in a catch 22 situation where they slowly realising the mistake made in bringing this manager in. Don't tell me he's 4 games in, what are you going to say in 5 months time? Wait and see.

EDIT: Sacking him at any time this season is not the solution. He deserves at the very least, until May. Regardless of whether we get new owners or not. He's taken the job on, he deserves his chance, I just don't have high hopes for him.

Agree with most of this. Good post. The fact that the current treble winners of Italy and Europe wanted our manager and we got the manager of Fulham says it all.

Insua has at least 2/3 years left on his contract, there was a renewal a couple if year back, and if he didn't(he has) because the age we got him at he won't be a free bosman, but as was said at time of him going it was a loan with option to buy, hopefully part of deal for Turan

If we hadn't let aqualani go we wouldn't gave signed miereles, Aqualani was a terrible signing and just wasn't cut out for English game, if we get £13m for him next summer it'll be a miracle, worst signing since Diouf

Still the top one for me.

Once we get the ownership sorted one way or the other i think we'll see him staying or going anyway.

I firmly believe that Kenny was overlooked because of this little run would of seen mings coming out having a go at even the King.

I think Kenny can handle this shit after hillsborough I doubt it would phase him somehow.

horsemen.jpg

Sack Cecil and all, get that man who's won league titles with two different clubs, including us and twatting Fergie to deaath with Stuart Ripley before Hodgson found that team's level. The man who would die for this club and do so with a smile on his face, enthusiastically. Do it before it's too late and we never get back and I ain't panicking, I am as calm as can be.

Unfucking belieavable thread, some absolute pathetic cunts on here that i'm embarrassed to be associated with our great club. Best supporters in the world my bollox, actually fuck this i'm outta here. Enjoy!

And people thought there was no upside to this thread.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Unfucking belieavable thread, some absolute pathetic cunts on here that i'm embarrassed to be associated with our great club. Best supporters in the world my bollox, actually fuck this i'm outta here. Enjoy!

1600 posts in less than 4 months? Fuck me pink.

A lot of people seem to be getting confused between not having confidence in a manager, and wanting the manager sacked.

I was (am) the original poster of the thread, but I didn't post the poll (it seems two threads have been joined together?), and it appears this may be confusing people about the tone of the original post; this isn't a 'call to arms' or a chance to call the manager derogatory names (which is pretty pathetic), it's simply a fan voicing his concerns.

Roy seems a very nice guy and I have no doubt that he wants the best for the club. It's 100% correct to say that he deserves a chance, but this doesn't mean that it's wrong to state any apprehensions you have, or debate the manager's actions.

Again, I'm not calling for his head, I'm simply stating that I have fears that he may not be the right guy and that I'm underwhelmed by what I've seen so far.

A lot of people seem to be getting confused between not having confidence in a manager, and wanting the manager sacked.

I was (am) the original poster of the thread, but I didn't post the poll (it seems two threads have been joined together?), and it appears this may be confusing people about the tone of the original post; this isn't a 'call to arms' or a chance to call the manager derogatory names (which is pretty pathetic), it's simply a fan voicing his concerns.

Roy seems a very nice guy and I have no doubt that he wants the best for the club. It's 100% correct to say that he deserves a chance, but this doesn't mean that it's wrong to state any apprehensions you have, or debate the manager's actions.

Again, I'm not calling for his head, I'm simply stating that I have fears that he may not be the right guy and that I'm underwhelmed by what I've seen so far.

Fair comments, mate.

I think your thread title left little open to interpretation, and as you say when it was merged with the poll it muddied the waters further.

Title aside the rest of your original post was well reasoned and rational.

Faith or no faith...he should be given at a least a season.

It just scares me that after a season we might be so far behind from where we were two seasons ago. At that stage, it's a downward spiral.

I can hardly bring myself to think about it, but The Scum have as good a chance as ever this season to finally surpass Liverpool's league title haul. Can you imagine Hairy Hands and the rest of the Sky brigade, spunking themselves unconscious, finally being able to call Man Utd the most successful English club?

This isn't in any way Hodgson's fault, but that would smart, especially if we've had an underwhelming season with more players heading out the door.