You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy M

Which option is closest to your thinking on Roy?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Which option is closest to your thinking on Roy?

• I like Roy and I would like to see him given time to succeed.
    • Not my first choice, but he's here and I'd like to see him given time before I make a judgement.
    • He may/may not have been the right choice, but from what I've seen I've got no faith in him.
    • I don't want him here, and I want him sacked before any more damage is done.

I've gone for the first option even though he wasn't my first choice, the reason being that my current view is somewhat in between the first two options.

He wasn't my first choice but I had no problem with him taking over. I also 'like him' as the poll options says as everything he's done and said off the pitch so far has been great and like a breath of fresh air.

His ability to deal with the media makes a nice change and he's also signed some very good players as well. I like his honesty and the fact that he doesn't bullshit the fans as well.

Unfortunately, so far, the performances on the pitch have been shite overall. Let's not try to hide that fact and explain it all away with excuses. Hodgson is going to need time to have the team playing the way he wants to see and I fully endorse that he is given that time.

Having said that, I think it's still fair to offer constructive criticism when certain decisions are made that don't necessarily seem to be for the best of the team. Take the already infamous selection of Lucas and Poulsen. It's clear that it doesn't work and it's exascerbated further by the fact that his predeccesor made the same mistake and didn't learn from it.

Hodgson deserves time though to show us all what he believes to be his best team.

I don't believe that people should be talking about changing the manager so early into a job; it's absolutely crazy to me. Yes things are bad on the pitch right now but Hodgson should be treated in the same way as GH and Rafa were when they took over - i.e. given time.

In short, I think it's fair to criticise him for decisions that don't work and for not learning from mistakes, but to question the overall tenure after such a short amount of time is just bizarre.

I wasn't saying Pellegrini was a failure just that it wouldn't guarantee success, the premier league is a little tricky for those who don't understand it (he wouldn't come anyway in the current climate).

I saw a quote somewhere where he said he would have loved the job but we wanted to appoint an English manager

I've gone for the first option even though he wasn't my first choice, the reason being that my current view is somewhat in between the first two options.

He wasn't my first choice but I had no problem with him taking over. I also 'like him' as the poll options says as everything he's done and said off the pitch so far has been great and like a breath of fresh air.

His ability to deal with the media makes a nice change and he's also signed some very good players as well. I like his honesty and the fact that he doesn't bullshit the fans as well.

Unfortunately, so far, the performances on the pitch have been shite overall. Let's not try to hide that fact and explain it all away with excuses. Hodgson is going to need time to have the team playing the way he wants to see and I fully endorse that he is given that time.

Having said that, I think it's still fair to offer constructive criticism when certain decisions are made that don't necessarily seem to be for the best of the team. Take the already infamous selection of Lucas and Poulsen. It's clear that it doesn't work and it's exascerbated further by the fact that his predeccesor made the same mistake and didn't learn from it.

Hodgson deserves time though to show us all what he believes to be his best team.

I don't believe that people should be talking about changing the manager so early into a job; it's absolutely crazy to me. Yes things are bad on the pitch right now but Hodgson should be treated in the same way as GH and Rafa were when they took over - i.e. given time.

In short, I think it's fair to criticise him for decisions that don't work and for not learning from mistakes, but to question the overall tenure after such a short amount of time is just bizarre.

'Youth gets you relegated'?

The shite after the Birmingham game?

Turning a blind eye to the owners robbing his transfer budget?

I think that's a very good assessment. I will say though that my gut feeling is that it's not going to work out. Obviously that's not to say that I won't support him, but there have been a lot of disappointments for me so far and bad omens. I hope I'm proven wrong.

'Youth gets you relegated'?

The shite after the Birmingham game?

Turning a blind eye to the owners robbing his transfer budget?

I think you're over-analysing there, mate. Fair enough if he'd been here six years or whatever and you have plenty of evidence to form an opinion of his approach to specific subjects, but you can't possibly do that at the moment.

He'll be judged on what happens on the pitch, ultimately. As I said earlier, it's been far from convincing on that score so far but it's extremely early days.

I think that's a very good assessment. I will say though that my gut feeling is that it's not going to work out. Obviously that's not to say that I won't support him, but there have been a lot of disappointments for me so far and bad omens. I hope I'm proven wrong.

I admit that if someone held a gun to my head and asked me the same question that i'd probably be inclined to say the same thing at the moment.

Gut feelings mean very little though as i'm sure you know.

I'm absolutely desperate for him to succeed because he's the type of fella I like to see do well.

I think you're over-analysing there, mate. Fair enough if he'd been here six years or whatever and you have plenty of evidence to form an opinion of his approach to specific subjects, but you can't possibly do that at the moment.

He'll be judged on what happens on the pitch, ultimately. As I said earlier, it's been far from convincing on that score so far but it's extremely early days.

Hands up, it can be labelled I have an agenda. I started the thread calling him a patsy. I still, if not more, believe I'm 100% correct.

I wasn't looking for an argument, far from it. But I really struggle to believe even his most ardent supporter would be happy with all the comments he's come out with so far.

The comment about youth is unfair as he didn't say that whilst in charge of us, a couple of decades ago to be honest.

Howevere trying to justify his approach and using that piss head cunt down the road as an example is not acceptable. especially when the piss head cunt down the road fucked up.

I was a Rafa supporter, was I convinced he should go? No.

Was I convinced he should stay? Definately not.

What I am 100% fucking guranteed about was I didn't want him replaced with an inferior more defensive manager.

Hands up, it can be labelled I have an agenda. I started the thread calling him a patsy. I still, if not more, believe I'm 100% correct.

I wasn't looking for an argument, far from it. But I really struggle to believe even his most ardent supporter would be happy with all the comments he's come out with so far.

The comment about youth is unfair as he didn't say that whilst in charge of us, a couple of decades ago to be honest.

Howevere trying to justify his approach and using that piss head cunt down the road as an example is not acceptable. especially when the piss head cunt down the road fucked up.

I was a Rafa supporter, was I convinced he should go? No.

Was I convinced he should stay? Definately not.

What I am 100% fucking guranteed about was I didn't want him replaced with an inferior more defensive manager.

It just goes to show how little I come on here now that I don't know what that bit in bold means? Also, I didn't know it was you who started the 'patsy' thread as it was quite a while ago.

Your concerns about Hodgson may turn out to be totally right but I think he deserves time before he's judged, that's all.

It just goes to show how little I come on here now that I don't know what that bit in bold means? Also, I didn't know it was you who started the 'patsy' thread as it was quite a while ago.

Your concerns about Hodgson may turn out to be totally right but I think he deserves time before he's judged, that's all.

Again I say I'm not after an argument or notoriety.

I actually stood up for the fella after a particularly shit game earlier in the season and said the players should take the blame for the absolute shite on show rather than Roy. Today I've said as much, as much as I hate the idea of him being in charge of my club I have a grudging respect for his arrogance.

The part in bold is his reference to his team selection tonight and using slur as a justification. Fine if your Fat Sham, Moyes even McCleish. However when you are manager of this club it shows a weakness in the manager in my opinion.

It was me, I put myself out there to be shot, I pray to God I'm wrong, it aint going to happen though unfortunately.

FFS! We've only lost 1 competitive game with him in charge and it wasnt against Arsenal.

Have we turned into supporters of Man City or Newcastle overnight or something?

We are on the same points as City and Spurs and they are supposed to be the new kids on the block to take our place.

Ive only joined this forum in the last month and have suppoorted the team all my life,40+ years and ive never heard such shite spoken against a manager of the club in that time,even Souness and he deserved shite.

What a load of divvies have started to support this club.

We used to be the most loyal and intelligent in the land but not based on some of these posts.

Welcome to the liverpool way. You've only been on this forum for a month (as you say), so you wouldn't have realised that this sort of behaviour is absolutely the done thing around here.

2 seasons ago, people were screaming on this forum for Rafa to get sacked after just 3 games (the draw with Villa). And continued at various points in the season.

The season where we had our best domestic campaign in 20 years.

Whatever you THOUGHT about how Liverpool supporters behaved, and whatever I (and others) USED to think - thats all delusional bollocks (sadly). This is the reality.

Yesterday's hero becomes tomorrows cunts, proclaimed as such by the "most loyal fans in the world".

My 'on the pitch' worry with Roy is that he seems to favour a passive 'funnel back behind the ball' defence .

I think our lack of pace means that we should be hunting in packs aggressively to win the ball high up the pitch , as what is happening at the moment is we are regaining possession near our area & taking forever to get it anywhere near Torres or Ngog who are by then totally outnumbered by the opposition.

It doesn't seem any coincidence to me that the 2 most aggressive halves we have played this season ( Arsenal 2nd / tonight 2nd ) have been our best in my opinion.

My 'on the pitch' worry with Roy is that he seems to favour a passive 'funnel back behind the ball' defence .

I think our lack of pace means that we should be hunting in packs aggressively to win the ball high up the pitch , as what is happening at the moment is we are regaining possession near our area & taking forever to get it anywhere near Torres or Ngog who are by then totally outnumbered by the opposition.

It doesn't seem any coincidence to me that the 2 most aggressive halves we have played this season ( Arsenal 2nd / tonight 2nd ) have been our best in my opinion.

Completely agree with that Sir Roger.