You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cole last night showed exactly what were missing. Taking the opposition out of it, you watch the movement of Cole just behind the striker and i really think we have missed him terribly in the EPL. He seriously needs protecting and hopefully not pick up any injuries because he will be a big player for us.

Meireles- again watched him closely and he looks pretty good there were a few occasions he made a pass that was quality but on a lot of occasions Babel a few times did not read what Meireles was doing and so the ball got no where but once he settles in and players get to know him.

Irrespective of the opposition who played quite well, the second half was quite nice to watch the reds, it looked as if Hodgson had told them to play and Cole, Maxi and Ngog were lively and threatening.

Kelly- i cant help but really like this kid, as someone said maybe give him a go in an epl match (maybe not the mancs) and show Johnson he needs to be on his tip tops because if he doesnt perform, Kelly is right there. But judging that Johnson and Kelly train together, he will know he needs to step up.

For the mancs, I would play

-------------------------Reina-------------------------

Johnson------Carragher--------Agger------Konchesky

----------------Meireles-----Gerrard-----------------

-----Maxi---------------Cole------------Jovanovic----

------------------------Torres-------------------------

But Hodgson i reckon will go for

-------------------------Reina----------------------

Johnson------Carragher-----Skrtel----Konchesky

------------------Poulsen----Lucas---------------

----Maxi----------------Cole---------Jovanovic----

-----------------------Torres------------------------

I think Cole last night showed exactly what were missing. Taking the opposition out of it, you watch the movement of Cole just behind the striker and i really think we have missed him terribly in the EPL. He seriously needs protecting and hopefully not pick up any injuries because he will be a big player for us.

Meireles- again watched him closely and he looks pretty good there were a few occasions he made a pass that was quality but on a lot of occasions Babel a few times did not read what Meireles was doing and so the ball got no where but once he settles in and players get to know him.

Irrespective of the opposition who played quite well, the second half was quite nice to watch the reds, it looked as if Hodgson had told them to play and Cole, Maxi and Ngog were lively and threatening.

Kelly- i cant help but really like this kid, as someone said maybe give him a go in an epl match (maybe not the mancs) and show Johnson he needs to be on his tip tops because if he doesnt perform, Kelly is right there. But judging that Johnson and Kelly train together, he will know he needs to step up.

For the mancs, I would play

-------------------------Reina-------------------------

Johnson------Carragher--------Agger------Konchesky

----------------Meireles-----Gerrard-----------------

-----Maxi---------------Cole------------Jovanovic----

------------------------Torres-------------------------

But Hodgson i reckon will go for

-------------------------Reina----------------------

Johnson------Carragher-----Skrtel----Konchesky

------------------Poulsen----Lucas---------------

----Maxi----------------Cole---------Jovanovic----

-----------------------Torres------------------------

Erm, you don't think he'll bother with Gerrard then?

Agreed, I thought Spearing was superb. Dissapointed with Maxi and Babel though.

Yep Spearing surprised (though probably not others who watch him on a regular basis in the ressies) me a lot last night compared to his other (limited) first team outings thought he was our motm actually his passing was excellent, especially in the second half. Babel did nothing of note, did try and win back a few balls and worked hard, then again it was him who lost those balls in the first place. Though Maxi would have stood out more, hes a class player cant deny that looking at his international pedigree etc but just think he's on the downward slope of his career right now.

N'gog has a good attitude, works hard, and is scoring goals right now... plus he's hung like a baby elephant.

I think he's finally starting to show that he can succeed here.

I like N'Gog. He is not the finished article but it's easy to forget that he's still only, what, 21? 22? He reminds me a bit of Zamora, which is no bad thing really. I also like the fact that he seems committed to working hard and improving his game. I don't think he will ever be world class, but as a second choice striker I have no qualms with him at all at the moment.