You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Time to move away from the wave of gloom and doom of Sunday, and back to creature comforts as the European run continues against Steaua. It's the last home game in Europe for 7 weeks, so hopefully we'll get a decent crowd, and a decent send off before the trip to the shithole on Sunday.

AGENDA:

Europa League Group K Game 1/6: v Steaua Bucharest (h)

KO: 19:05 GMT/20:05 Local 16 September

Host Broadcaster: Channel 5 Sport UK

Yes we're on the reserve channel, but at least not stuck on a flimsy red button, as other teams are in Europe this week. All gifts......

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...................................Reina...................................

Kelly...............Kygriakos.........Agger............Konchesky

......................Poulsen..........Mereiles........................

Babel.......................... Cole..........................Pacheco

...................................N'gog...................................

Bench: Jones, Aurelio, Skrtel, Gerrard, Torres, Lucas, Johnson

...................................Reina...................................

Kelly...............Kygriakos.........Agger............Konchesky

......................Poulsen..........Mereiles........................

Babel.......................... Cole..........................Pacheco

...................................N'gog...................................

Bench: Jones, Aurelio, Skrtel, Gerrard, Torres, Lucas, Johnson

I`d go for something like this. A chance for some of the fringe players to get some game time and a chance for the newer lads to bed in, but should also be good enough to win the points.

I think the six group games should be used as an opportunity to utilise the squad and keep everyone involved and a chance for some of the younger players to stake a claim.

A good 2 or 3 nil win would give everyone lift.

Im pretty sure Torres will be rested. And did`nt Hogdson say he will use the league cup and Europa league as an opportunity to rest Reina??

Babel and Pacheco needs a run out, and both should play. I hope we go out like this...

Reina ( or Jones)

Johnson

Kyrgiakos

Agger

Kelly

Gerrard

Meireles

Pacheco

Cole

Rodriguez

Babel.

But im pretty sure Roy will play N`Gog and Poulsen or Lucas. I would be tempted to play Torres as what he needs is matches, goals , confidence and better mood. A sulking Torres is a poor Torres, and we need a Torres at his very best on Sunday, and only match fitness and confidence will give us that.

We should play attacking team, nobody needs rest and I would definitely try Meireles - Gerrard combo in midfield, with Torres getting at least 60 minutes and also Babel should get his chance. Back four should be played the same that is intended against United, but also Agger and Kyrgiakos should get some playing time, so central defense is a question for me.

And Lucas should be in the stands.

----------------Jones

Kelly-----Soto-----Wilson-----Aurellio (if fit)

----------Lucas----Spearing

-----Pacheco----Shelvey-----Cole

--------------Babel

Rest everyone that going to be playing Sunday. Bar Cole who's bound to need games

I doubt that Shelvey or Wilson will be involved on Thursday, as both are starting for the ressies tonight.