You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Allianz Insurance - Help?

melons

Do any of you have experience or are indeed working for this lot of incompetent turbomongs?

Going back to this thread...

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/73453-loss-adjusters.html

They have today come back with an offer of £12k for the contents and £36k for the buildings. The offer was described as first and final. Mongs. First and Final, either, it wouldn't be both. Whats insult to injury is i was being perused for a fraudulent claim based on a claim worth 80k said in June 2009!! They've made my life hell for 18 months for less then 50k.

I'm pissed off to the highest order and want to twat the should of been wank stain that started this shit (same cum guzzler I mentioned on the MF).

Anyway, turbomongs want a cash settlement, that means we're responsible for the building work to repair the property? The property is over an hour and a half south from me as it happens, i'll be buggerd if they think i'm going down there on an daily basis to sort shit out. They argue it's low so thy don't have to pay the VAT, so who the fuck does? That would be me as an inheritress?

Can they force us to accept it, who do i turn to next to kick ass?

First off, that "first and final" offer is a scare tactic that is designed to get gullible types to accept what is a derisory offer. So you don't need to accept it. Get back to them saying as much, and make a complaint about how the matter has been handled thus far. If they already have a complaint file opened for your case, then you need to consider whether the resolution has been satisfactory (clearly from what you are saying, it hasn't been).

Get in touch with the Financial Ombudsman Service, who can help you in situations like this. There's a lot to point out, so it's easier to use the following link and take it from there.

how to complain – the first steps

I find it hard to understand how you get fucked about in so many areas of your life when you give me the impression you can more than handle your own.

I've never worked in home insurance, but having worked in car insurance I can tell you that insurance companies usually start low with offers and have room for some flexibility.

If you want to challenge their offer, the onus is on you to say why you feel it is unreasonable. I would imagine that they are well within their rights to offer you cash rather than appointing somebody to do the work, as they would not have a working practice that was in contravention to your policy documents.

However, they are obliged to treat you fairly, and so if you can supply quotations for the repair or the contents which exceed the amount that they are offering, I would think they'd have to review that.

As a general piece of advice, I would say that you will put yourself in a much stronger position by justifying what you think is unfair and unreasonable in the way they've treated you. If you just call them up and say 'it's not enough money I want more!' they won't take you all that seriously. If you can't resolve the problem you can make a complaint, and if they cannot resolve it within 6 weeks it will go to the ombudsman, who will decide whether or not it should be upheld.

Best of luck with it all anyway.

First off, that "first and final" offer is a scare tactic that is designed to get gullible types to accept what is a derisory offer. So you don't need to accept it. Get back to them saying as much, and make a complaint about how the matter has been handled thus far. If they already have a complaint file opened for your case, then you need to consider whether the resolution has been satisfactory (clearly from what you are saying, it hasn't been).

Get in touch with the Financial Ombudsman Service, who can help you in situations like this. There's a lot to point out, so it's easier to use the following link and take it from there.

how to complain – the first steps

I find it hard to understand how you get fucked about in so many areas of your life when you give me the impression you can more than handle your own.

I know, it's a joke. The thing is i seem to be a magnet for people who think they can bully people and try it on. The thing is i become their worst night mare over time. This lot are going to be even more sick of this case. I really hope that karma shit is real because when the good bits come around, my life will be superb whilst others wil hopefully become a walking hell.

I should say the fact that they want a cash settle is so we're not pissing them off any more highlighting their fuck ups.

We've done the ombudsman, there is a complaint with them already. I phoned up some high up woman from Allianz in May after some wankstain trying to brush me off, he said if i make a complaint that will delay the claim being processed even more then it already is. Anyway, she got the ball rolling again, but it went and stopped - i couldn't keep up the pressure on them as i've had allot on with my daughters illness. So we get that phone call today,

I've never worked in home insurance, but having worked in car insurance I can tell you that insurance companies usually start low with offers and have room for some flexibility.

If you want to challenge their offer, the onus is on you to say why you feel it is unreasonable. I would imagine that they are well within their rights to offer you cash rather than appointing somebody to do the work, as they would not have a working practice that was in contravention to your policy documents.

However, they are obliged to treat you fairly, and so if you can supply quotations for the repair or the contents which exceed the amount that they are offering, I would think they'd have to review that.

As a general piece of advice, I would say that you will put yourself in a much stronger position by justifying what you think is unfair and unreasonable in the way they've treated you. If you just call them up and say 'it's not enough money I want more!' they won't take you all that seriously. If you can't resolve the problem you can make a complaint, and if they cannot resolve it within 6 weeks it will go to the ombudsman, who will decide whether or not it should be upheld.

Best of luck with it all anyway.

Done, the quotations already in are £50-55K

The original complaint to the ombudsman went in in February, and the second one at easter.

Done, the quotations already in are £50-55K

The original complaint to the ombudsman went in in February, and the second one at easter.

What's the ombudsman's position on it all? If they support you, Allianz will have to do what they say. If they don't, Allianz aren't really obliged to do anything.

At least that's my understanding of it.

I am the Chief Executive of Alliance Insurance and I am extremely annoyed to hear that you have undergone a distressing experience at the hands of one of our representatives.

When I find out who it was I will feed his testicles to the piranhas in the Boardroom fishbowl.

I sincerely hope that this gesture will make you feel better and that in future you will say only good things about our fine company.

An aside about Insurance companies.

I had to change the address on my motorbike insurance the other week. No change in any other details, no change in premium as it's only a short postcode away.

How much? Go on, how much for them to spend 30 seconds typing in a different postcode, housenumber and then emailing the policy as a PDF file for me to print out?

£25. 25 fucking quid. I wouldn't mind, but the years policy was only £100 odd in the first place. Thieving twats.

What's the ombudsman's position on it all? If they support you, Allianz will have to do what they say. If they don't, Allianz aren't really obliged to do anything.

At least that's my understanding of it.

Ombudsman are looking at the offer as another complaint, as we've now moved on from no offer to a shit offer.

I am the Chief Executive of Alliance Insurance and I am extremely annoyed to hear that you have undergone a distressing experience at the hands of one of our representatives.

When I find out who it was I will feed his testicles to the piranhas in the Boardroom fishbowl.

I sincerely hope that this gesture will make you feel better and that in future you will say only good things about our fine company.

Immensely. Infact if you're able to throw the initial loss adjusters balls in there too i'll be willing to forgo the formal apology i was demanding upon picture proof this did take place.

That isn't particularly surprising. The cheaper the policy you buy, the more cost you can (generally) expect to fit yourself. Charging for adjustments will probably help to subsidise lower premiums. As that's what customers generally look for when they're shopping around nowadays, that's (often what they get).

--- edit: this was directed at two posts above, by the way.

Ombudsman are looking at the offer as another complaint, as we've now moved on from no offer to a shit offer.

I'd go back to Allianz and tell them how you have costed it and offer to send them quotations. If they don't agree then do the same with the ombudsman.

If either of them agree with you, you're good to go. If neither do then I think you have to begrudgingly take whatever they give you.

I'd go back to Allianz and tell them how you have costed it and offer to send them quotations. If they don't agree then do the same with the ombudsman.

If either of them agree with you, you're good to go. If neither do then I think you have to begrudgingly take whatever they give you.

One we've got the formal offer we're to send that off along with estimates from other builders to the ombudsman.

We're going to turn it down, I've probably paid a quarter of that out in fuel and car maintenance over the last 2 years to maintain the grounds and check the place out as per insurance agreement.

If they hadn't acted such twats the estate would of been dealt with by now.

Any ideas for ways of pissing these people off would be greatly appreciated.

x

As the Chief Executive of Alliance Insurance, I can inform you, in the strictest confidence, that we possess considerable underwriting exposure in the Gulf area of North America.

If you can arrange for a large natural disaster such as an earthquake or a devastating hurricane to strike the region, it would cause significant damage to the company's revenues and might result in our eventual bankruptcy.

I trust this information will be of use to you.

As the Chief Executive of Alliance Insurance, I can inform you, in the strictest confidence, that we possess considerable underwriting exposure in the Gulf area of North America.

If you can arrange for a large natural disaster such as an earthquake or a devastating hurricane to strike the region, it would cause significant damage to the company's revenues and might result in our eventual bankruptcy.

I trust this information will be of use to you.

I'm going to have to report you if you keep making me laugh my coffee all over my keyboard.

I do like this nutjob. Dave built it and they continue to come.

(Not calling you or anyone else Kevin Costner or anything btw.)

Funny shit tho.

You can't report me, I've only been here a couple of hours.

That's like being sent to the headmaster's office on your first day at school.

Something which did actually happen to me once funnily enough.

Haha you look familiar from that picture but I can't place a face to the shape of your head much less put a name to it.

I ended up in the Heads office on my very first day but that cos I was having a poo and some older kid kicked the door in for a laugh and cracked my head open on the door as I was leaning forward. The first and last time I've beat the shit out of someone with my keks round my ankles, anyway the head decided not to press charges. Now I never poo leaning foward unless I'm at home.

Who says you learn nothing in school?

Thank you for sharing that information dennis.

Most schools have some form of initiation rites for new pupils. Obviously they practised very exotic ones at yours.

I only broke a window by accident, but it was enough to saddle me with a reputation as a trouble-maker which only now am I beginning to shake off.

An aside about Insurance companies.

I had to change the address on my motorbike insurance the other week. No change in any other details, no change in premium as it's only a short postcode away.

How much? Go on, how much for them to spend 30 seconds typing in a different postcode, housenumber and then emailing the policy as a PDF file for me to print out?

£25. 25 fucking quid. I wouldn't mind, but the years policy was only £100 odd in the first place. Thieving twats.

That isn't particularly surprising. The cheaper the policy you buy, the more cost you can (generally) expect to fit yourself. Charging for adjustments will probably help to subsidise lower premiums. As that's what customers generally look for when they're shopping around nowadays, that's (often what they get).

--- edit: this was directed at two posts above, by the way.

I realise these are an aside to the main body of this thread, and probably belong in a different thread, but that charge is what the insurers make their money on, apart from extortionate renewal premiums. After leaving Uni I worked for an insurer within customer services. Insurers do not call that fee an administration charge because they would have to disclose it prior to selling a policy in the first place. Instead the wording is deliberately left more ambiguous so there's little to no fall-back for the customer.

Here's an example of how it works. You have 6 months cover left on your car insurance policy. You ring up to advise of a change of address, to a nicer risk area than where you were (assume here that the car is still left on a driveway, say, and there is no change in annual mileage to consider) and are told there is no change in premium. The actual difference may be a saving of £15 for 6 months, but whack on the £25 fee and suddenly there's £10 to cover. However, since that is less than £25 additional to pay, it gets waived. However, customer thinks the insurer is ripping them off because they aren't told any of this. To them it looks like the annual premium will be the same despite the assumption that moving to a better risk area should see a drop in premium.

The customer then gets very competitive quotes from elsewhere. These quotes don't include any admin fee of course as they are new business, and often have a substantial introductory discount included to secure the deal. The customer however is locked into a 12-month agreement with their existing insurer which is very hard to get out of without often incurring some sort of financial penalty that could negate any savings elsewhere.

It's ridiculous just how ambiguous the insurers can make their statements, in an industry where financial transparency is supposedly a pre-requisite to fair trading.

Melons - I moved my companies insurance from Allianz last year because they are fucking crap - saved over £100K doing so.

Allianz claims are wank - without knowing the full (whole) story and reading between the lines they are a) making a cash offer to entice you to settle early to make savings(credit crunch people want cash) b) think the claim is dodgy but cant prove it so have threw some cash at you c) reduced the offer on the basis of wear & tear etc.

If you want to pm the full history I can review it for you - Im also on a good terms with one of their Investigators so if you can pm a claim/policy number ill see what i can find out if its possible.

Edited by BRANDS
typo