You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Rob? I always thought he was pretty inoffensive to be honest. Comes across as a decent fella and a good manager to me.

I just dont like his manner. He just comes across as a total snide and he did when he managed Rangers and Scotland. There are certain managers who I dont rate but you can take a liking to. He's not one of them.

Wouldn't be too pleased with him if I was a Birmingham fan - probably wouldn't be happy with life either because, well, I'd be from Birmingham - an unadventerous, predictable and vulnerable team in front of you and Birmingham more or less stopped playing. Given that we were giving them as many free headers as they wanted, it was strange he didn't bring on Zigic.

He's doing well at a stable mid table club who's expectations are being met comfortably. Another example of this specimen would be that Roy Hodgson at Fulham. Oh wait.....

To be fair to him they aren't exactly a stable mid table club are they? They are a total yo-yo club. They only just came back into the Premier League last season and now you are describing them as stable mid table. Now I reckon that hints that he's done a pretty good job there.

He did a good job with Scotland as well and after me bemoaning his appointment I was gutted to see him leave and we've been stuck with a couple of really dire managers since.

He's definitely a good manager and I think he'd do well at a big ambitious club.

This thread is a fucking farce though.

To be fair to him they aren't exactly a stable mid table club are they? They are a total yo-yo club. They only just came back into the Premier League last season and now you are describing them as stable mid table. Now I reckon that hints that he's done a pretty good job there.

He did a good job with Scotland as well and after me bemoaning his appointment I was gutted to see him leave and we've been stuck with a couple of really dire managers since.

He's definitely a good manager and I think he'd do well at a big ambitious club.

While that rules us out, he was actually first choice to replace Rafa until the takeover at Birmingham happened and he had brass in his pocket to spend. Suddenly Roy became the much cheaper option....cheaper to buy out, cheaper to pay, cheaper to fund in the transfer market and cheaper to sack due to a much shorter contract.

Are they going to go down this season? I don't think so.

Will they finish mid table? I think they will.

That to me is stable but it wasn't the point i was trying to make anyway.

What do you see that you like in McLeish?

What are his strengths and where is he better/worse than Hodgson?

But you have obviously written off Hodgson after 3 weeks.

I despair at this attitude shown by Liverpool fans. Embarrassing.

His treams play good pressing football and Hodgson is Houllier in Disguiise without the winning mentality

Nick, how can you start threads calling for sensible debate then post one liners like the above as if just to provoke an angry reaction?

Are you expecting people to engage in serious debate when all you seem to be doing is throw out more or less provocative statements certain to get you a reaction?

If you were to have started a thread discussing McLeish's qualities as a manager and why you thought he was a good option for us, I think you'd have found the reaction much more sensible.

Maybe people would disagree but you'd have at least posted something worth reading.

For the record, I think we're writing off Hodgson far too early and as someone else said, with the situation we're currently in, we could be managed by anyone and be struggling right now.