You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can I be optimistic after that?

WrongIslander

Hysteria against Roy and the performance ? Oh I quite agree, its nuts.

I dont think Roys done anything wrong so far, given he's had all of 5 minutes to achieve anything. He's here, whatever the circumstance, he deserves our full support.

I am worried by the Citeh and todays games, I am worried Carras legs have gone, I am worried that Gerrard and Torres have forgotten how to play together, that Xabi and Masch have moved on without being properly replaced, concerned that from redesigning 4th as the new first under Ged and then Rafa, were now looking to find the gloss in the top 6 and europa league, but, as far a I can tell, none of those concerns are down to Roys actions and its a rell pisser to find so much hysteria and angst aimed at Roy already.

There's no hysteria - that's just the language of the propagandists on here who cannot tolerate reasoned criticism of the manager because it implies that Rafa was a better manager (and of course he was). I do not include you personally in that remark but certainly the guy you were responding to.

As for your other comments about Carragher, Gerrard and Torres - they played better before because we had a different manager.

Carragher is long past the time he should be warming the bench - one of the reasons he politicked against Rafa because he hoped a new, weaker manager would give him a nice, long lucrative contract. Gerrard has never played better in his entire career than under Rafa and the same is true of Torres.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to start having digs at people but anyone who thinks hodgson is a better manager than benitez is clueless. Look at what they've won in their careers. Look at the their respective ages. As i mentioned in another thread under rafa we won the european cup, the fa cup and were the number 1 ranked team in europe. I can't see roy doing that or getting near 86 points, rafas best total.

Don't want to start having digs at people but anyone who thinks hodgson is a better manager than benitez is clueless. Look at what they've won in their careers. Look at the their respective ages. As i mentioned in another thread under rafa we won the european cup, the fa cup and were the number 1 ranked team in europe. I can't see roy doing that or getting near 86 points, rafas best total.

People who are telling you hodgson is a better manager than Benitez are probably just trying to wind you up; and succeeding by the sounds of it.

Hysteria against Roy and the performance ? Oh I quite agree, its nuts.

I dont think Roys done anything wrong so far, given he's had all of 5 minutes to achieve anything. He's here, whatever the circumstance, he deserves our full support.

I am worried by the Citeh and todays games, I am worried Carras legs have gone, I am worried that Gerrard and Torres have forgotten how to play together, that Xabi and Masch have moved on without being properly replaced, concerned that from redesigning 4th as the new first under Ged and then Rafa, were now looking to find the gloss in the top 6 and europa league, but, as far a I can tell, none of those concerns are down to Roys actions and its a rell pisser to find so much hysteria and angst aimed at Roy already.

I'm with you on that. It feels so long ago that Gerrard was linking up with Torres and creating trouble for defenses. :no :wallbutt:

That's our 7th consectuve draw against Birmingham, which means the last three seasons have been the same as today. So if you've ever been optimistic at any time in the last three seasons, what's changed?

Something to think about that, goes along with your normal 'intelligent' way of looking at things, load a shite.

Hodgson will not win the league with Liverpool- but let's face it, with the situation at the club we are not able to attract the caliber of manager that could. Or put another way- no manager in the world could win the league with Liverpool this season.

So far Hodgson has done some good work in persuading Gerrard and Torres to stay and in getting Cole and Meireles to join. Will he make them gel as a team and play well? One thing is for sure- there is no way in hell that can be judged yet unless by prejudice.

And there were some positives in the game- the first 15-20min we actually passed the ball around, though it did not come to anything. And we did lift ourselves to press the last 15 min and look the more likely side to sneak a last minute winner- too late, yes, but at least it happened. Konchesky looked steady (and that will do fine), Meireles looked good and Poulson also looks good when he does not have to play next to Lucas (I have defended Lucas in the past- think this was the final straw for me).

Quite easily actually.

We're no worse off than we were under Rafa, in fact we're a hell of a lot better off if you look at it honestly but don't let that stop some of you wanting him sacked already.

Konchesky was the best outfield player today and could really be a very good left back for us if today is any indication. Look at the abuse he received though when he was first linked with us. I wasn't too thrilled myself but I was however willing to give him a chance.

Cole hasn't been given a chance yet so it's unfair to judge him or Roy and he's at least the kind of creative player we need.

Meireles is a quality player and in 15 minutes completely changed the way we played. Roy didn't want to rush him in and given he knows more about his condition. Right player though and will more than likely again be money well spent.

As Roy himself said it's just a question of treading water at the moment. Today wasn't near good enough but there's no doubt in my mind we will improve.

I've got this mad idea for all the knee jerks on here. Breathe, give it a few months and then START to judge him.

Talk about Cliffs and Lemmings

City and Spurs are fucking dire right now as well... Take solace in that.

5 points from 4 games is just about average for Roy Hodgson, the real problem for me is I cant remember when a LFC team played this badly for 4 league games on the trot and not even under Souness and it never happened under Rafa

When was the last time we started a season and the first results we looked for were the teams we hope to be battling for 4th place with?

Since we've had our pants pulled down by the Yanks? It doesn't matter what was... it matters what is...

We were going to be lucky to finish 5th this season, so keeping close with 4th place isn't bad at the moment.

Let our squad settle a bit, and get Cole/Meireles into the side and see if we can't get better.

5 points from 4 games is just about average for Roy Hodgson, the real problem for me is I cant remember when a LFC team played this badly for 4 league games on the trot and not even under Souness and it never happened under Rafa

You've got to be philosophical about it right now. We've got a totally unsettled squad, and one of our best players just bent the club over without lube.

It'll take a run of REALLY bad games to make me turn on Hodgson this quickly.

I think we'll be fine when we get back fit and firing.

You've got to be philosophical about it right now. We've got a totally unsettled squad, and one of our best players just bent the club over without lube.

It'll take a run of REALLY bad games to make me turn on Hodgson this quickly.

I think we'll be fine when we get back fit and firing.

All good points and whilst I fear the worst with Hodgson I can fully understand your point of view.

Mierles in the last 15 minutes did offer some hope but so did Aqualani

I think it's pretty tragic that there are people out there who have no time for Hodgson purely out of spite for the fans who thought it was time for Rafa to go, only weeks into the new season and it's Rafa this and Rafa-fucking-that. And it's clear a minority will actively delight in seeing him fail for that very reason. It's unbelieveably smalltime, not what Liverpool fans should be about.

Our raison d'etre at the moment is to simply survive and stay as close to the top of the table for as long as we can until the ownership situation is sorted. For now that's the most anyone can hope for.

In fucking one.

Since we've had our pants pulled down by the Yanks? It doesn't matter what was... it matters what is...

We were going to be lucky to finish 5th this season, so keeping close with 4th place isn't bad at the moment.

Let our squad settle a bit, and get Cole/Meireles into the side and see if we can't get better.

Depressing isn't it?

Come on Nick that is being economical with the truth. Wasn't there a spell as recent as last season when we lost 8 out of 11 games from October to December, some of them we hardly had a shot at goal.

Ha ha sick to fucking death of our absolute shite tactics and performances under Woy all ready. But if one thing can bring a little smile it's reading posts from the Rafa bashers, their hypocrisy knows no bounds. ANYONE with half a brain could see getting rid of Rafa would bite us in the arse, that Roy Hodgeson was a terrible signing completely out his depth and a patsy to steady the ship, wether he crawled over broken glass with all the other world class managers wanting to manage us or not it is clear to a blind man he is not the man to take us forward.

Considering we've drawn our previous 6 games with them in the league, their home record last season etc.... this was an odds on draw.

The disappointing thing was that our best player was our keeper. Without Reina we'd have lost.

However, I'm going to focus on the positives. Meireles looked good when he came on and was much more positive with the ball - I liked it when he turned round and bollocked Maxi for not giving him the return pass. Konchesky was solid, but for one lapse of concentration, it was a decent debut from him. Cole will be available for our next game and a midfield and attack of - Poulsen, Meireles, Gerrard, Cole, Torres and Maxi / Patches / Babel / Jovo should do a lot better.