You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can I be optimistic after that?

WrongIslander

Quite easily actually.

We're no worse off than we were under Rafa, in fact we're a hell of a lot better off if you look at it honestly but don't let that stop some of you wanting him sacked already.

Konchesky was the best outfield player today and could really be a very good left back for us if today is any indication. Look at the abuse he received though when he was first linked with us. I wasn't too thrilled myself but I was however willing to give him a chance.

Cole hasn't been given a chance yet so it's unfair to judge him or Roy and he's at least the kind of creative player we need.

Meireles is a quality player and in 15 minutes completely changed the way we played. Roy didn't want to rush him in and given he knows more about his condition. Right player though and will more than likely again be money well spent.

As Roy himself said it's just a question of treading water at the moment. Today wasn't near good enough but there's no doubt in my mind we will improve.

I've got this mad idea for all the knee jerks on here. Breathe, give it a few months and then START to judge him.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite easily actually.

We're no worse off than we were under Rafa, in fact we're a hell of a lot better off if you look at it honestly but don't let that stop some of you wanting him sacked already.

Konchesky was the best outfield player today and could really be a very good left back for us if today is any indication. Look at the abuse he received though when he was first linked with us. I wasn't too thrilled myself but I was however willing to give him a chance.

Cole hasn't been given a chance yet so it's unfair to judge him or Roy and he's at least the kind of creative player we need.

Meireles is a quality player and in 15 minutes completely changed the way we played. Roy didn't want to rush him in and given he knows more about his condition. Right player though and will more than likely again be money well spent.

As Roy himself said it's just a question of treading water at the moment. Today wasn't near good enough but there's no doubt in my mind we will improve.

I've got this mad idea for all the knee jerks on here. Breathe, give it a few months and then START to judge him.

Do tell?

Guest ShoePiss

Konchesky was shite in the first half, good second half from him though.

No worse off than under Rafa? We'll have to wait and see, we've played poorly in every game so far but it's early days.

Poulson and Lucas in midfield is fucking terrible though, Gerrard and Torres fed off scraps. Hopefully get Meireles starting games from now on, in the limited time he had he looked very positive.

Who wants him sacked?

We were poor, Skrtel isn't good enough, Carra is barely good enough, Johnson is good but no where near as good as people make out.

Poulson and Lucas are not good enough to play together as a partnership.

Jovanovic and Maxi didn't look nearly good enough and I was worried about their attitude.

Gerrard couldn't get involved and Torres isn't fully fit.

One of the players Roy bought to be more attacking with was suspended, another he obviously didn't think was ready for more than 15 minutes and wanted to ease him in and the player people roundly destroyed on here was the best outfield player on the day (Konchesky).

I love this "solid isn't good enough for Liverpool". If it wasn't then Thommo and Neal amoung others would never have got a game. They were solid. Finnan, was he good enough for Liverpool? Well not if you're Andy Gray but if you're a Liverpool fan then fucking right he was good enough. Konchesky had an EXCELLENT debut.

Guest ShoePiss

Oh and as for easily being optimistic, fucking hell it doesn't take much does it? Fair play for your positivity but the positives are few and far between for me.

It's not a case of "wanting him sacked already" more "not wanting him here in the first place" I've nothing against Roy Hodgson i just honestly believe he's so far out of his depth he needs armbands. I wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked by Christmas, if a miracle happened and we got taken over he would be gone before that, he was an abysmal appointment. Sorry but that's my honest opinion, there really is no malice or hysteria in it.

Guest ShoePiss
We were poor, Skrtel isn't good enough, Carra is barely good enough, Johnson is good but no where near as good as people make out.

Poulson and Lucas are not good enough to play together as a partnership.

Jovanovic and Maxi didn't look nearly good enough and I was worried about their attitude.

Gerrard couldn't get involved and Torres isn't fully fit.

One of the players Roy bought to be more attacking with was suspended, another he obviously didn't think was ready for more than 15 minutes and wanted to ease him in and the player people roundly destroyed on here was the best outfield player on the day (Konchesky).

I love this "solid isn't good enough for Liverpool". If it wasn't then Thommo and Neal amoung others would never have got a game. They were solid. Finnan, was he good enough for Liverpool? Well not if you're Andy Gray but if you're a Liverpool fan then fucking right he was good enough. Konchesky had an EXCELLENT debut.

Phil Thompson and Phil Neal were a lot more than simply solid players and streets ahead of what we have currently.

A not so badly smelling turd in a sea of turds isn't really something to write home about, that's Konchesky's performance today and it's not a fucking positive.

Guest ShoePiss

One thing (well obviously there are lots) for me that is disappointing is the lack of a psychological boost to the squad the appointment has made. The way the previous regime was described, especially on here I expected to see a squad of happy players, working hard for each other and playing like a cloud had lifted.

Just hasn't happened.

Phil Thompson and Phil Neal were a lot more than simply solid players and streets ahead of what we have currently.

A not so badly smelling turd in a sea of turds isn't really something to write home about, that's Konchesky's performance today and it's not a fucking positive.

They weren't, as has been said time and time again it was the fact they played in a team that was so good and they understood their role that made them great players, not the fact they were the most complete players in the world.

It is very positive that he has come in and slotted in so well and put in a good performance today in a hard debut game. All the things we've lacked at LB for a long time he provided today. He got forward smartly, he defended well and he brought others into the play. Very Finnan-esque for me and that will do me nicely if he continues to play like that and steadily improves.

Woy started with Poulsen and Lucas.................

They're not good in the air, they're not strong enough, I see no reason to play them against any team really.

He should have started with Meireles, ok so he is new and maybe a bit risky or whatever excuse you want to make for the manager. But still, he could have started with Gerrard in midfield together with Poulsen or Lucas, dont really care who and played pacheco, babel or Ngog instead of one of our midfield duo of muppets.

Criticism well deserved in my opinion.

Expect us to play Torres-Cole-Meireles-Poulsen-Maxi-Gerrard against the mancs, which will be a completely different team going forward. If he sticks to Lucas and Poulsen there is no excuse

If we are to rate that towards Rafa at his very very worst, then yes, it was no worse then that. Great stuff. When a team gets a new manager you see a boost and a few good results and then it settles into whatever it is going to be. We don't even seem to be seeing that. I'm worried that behind closed doors and very quietly that the likes of Gerrard, Torres, Reina, etc, think Hodgson was a poor appointment also and may not trust him.

Anyway, he deserves time I suppose.