You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How do you like your Steak cooked?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Steak cooked?

Same here. As a young buck I liked my steak cremated, but the older I get, the less I like it doing. Currently on rare, and I imagine that as I come to draw my pension I'll just be chewing the cow's back as I stick my cock up its arse to hold it still.

Is that not just because your gums are going?

Guest ShoePiss
I've had some great steaks, I agree with Paul they do know how to treat and cook a steak right in the US. Steaks are always over done in the UK which is why I get rare.

Best I've had though was a AAAAA Sirlion in a restaurant in Tokyo. Only small but perfect in every way. I had to re-evaluate every steak I'd eaten to that point down by at least 2 out of 10.

First thing I'd do on getting to Tokyo is try real Kobe beef. What is AAAAA Sirloin?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Probably drop it on the floor and get it stuck in his foot without realising.

Is that before or after he rubs in his fat laden banana BBQ sauce?

[pedantic shit] It's actually not blood you get on your plate with a rare steak, it's sarcoplasm. All the blood is drained out post slaughter. Sarcoplasm is some kind of nutrient bearing water which is retained by the muscle. If it was blood you'd know all about it as it would congeal and would be fucking grim [/pedantic shit]

Guest The Big Green Bastard
What else do you guys like to eat with your steak?

Mash potatoes/saute potatoes/boiled potatoes/baked potatoes/chips?

What type of veg?

What type of sauce?

Chips.

Peas.

Red flavour sauce.

Pint of Kronenbourg.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Chips or jacket will do nicely, ta. Depends on how I'm going it. If it's in the frying pan, I'll have chips. If it's on the BBQ, I'll have jacket - which are always available at my BBQs.

In a pub: Rare with chips, peas and onion rings. Most pubs around here live and die by their food so it's usually a decent quality meal, if not gourmet.

At home: As rare as I can get it while juggling with the sides with tomato and olive cous cous, a few vine tomatos and a leafy salad. I'll probably chuck some onion rings with it as onion rings are the shit.

First thing I'd do on getting to Tokyo is try real Kobe beef. What is AAAAA Sirloin?

I was gutted I never got to try Kobe, but actually tried loads of other stuff like tempura and sushi at the docks instead. The food in Japan is simply awesome.

So far as I could tell AAAAA, was the highest classification that they do for quality of meat/steak/beef.

It was fantastic, the restaurant was quite a traditional place. Sat cross legged at a bar, slippers, plied with sake, a wide menu of things they cooked on the grill at the bar all served with a sort of pickled cabbage.

That night me and my mate just stayed in there, ordering sake (got loads of freebies too) and order the occasional bit off the menu every so often. It was our last night so we just decided to spend up the remaining Yen we had. I forget how much the steak was, but it was about £30 or so for two small bits.

This may explain it better, but does look a bit techincial and I'm not sure its right http://www.nikuya.ca/products/JapaneseMeatGrading.pdf

Guest James D
What else do you guys like to eat with your steak?

Mash potatoes/saute potatoes/boiled potatoes/baked potatoes/chips?

What type of veg?

What type of sauce?

New, if that's an option, cos otherwise the potatoes over here are usually starchy shite.

Any veg, any sauce, any any any, dot com.

sorry.