You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How do you like your Steak cooked?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Steak cooked?

I went to that Miller & Carter place (I think there's one at the Albert Dock) yesterday for my work Christmas dinner, had the fillet steak done medium rare & I have to say it was fucking lovely.

Not paying for it & the free pints of Peroni helped like.

My boss always points out when I get the fillet that the other cuts are bigger & I'm missing out, the incredibly stupid twat.

Went to the one in Manchester when staying there for work last week and the steak was bloody lovely.

Will be going back to another one next time I’m close.

Best steak I’ve had in a long time. Even the sides were ace.

9 God knows.

Aye. Too many internet hard men pretending they only eat their steak blue. Banging on about ‘blood’ as if that is even a thing. Medium or medium rare - there’s not a huge difference, only in the amount of myoglobin escaping onto the plate - I prefer mine well rested, brought up to medium in the resting process, because I eat ribeye, which is very fatty and the fat benefits from the extra cooking time. I don’t eat fillet, because I’m not an idiot. If I did, I’d probably have it at medium rare, but it’s a cut that trades flavour for texture. Fuck. That.

But yeah, fuck the whole lot of for some tastier cuts. Actually, Mockney Oliver does a good one.

https://youtu.be/qOIHZpKyzMs

I’m a big fan of steaks. I grew up liking porterhouse steaks, but then I discovered rib-eyes.. loved them medium rare. Real juicy flavoursome cut. A couple of years back a mate introduced me to hanger steak.. also known as the butchers cut. Best served rare... do yourselves a favour and order it if it’s on the menu...

If he is wasting a good cut of steak cooking it medium he knows shit.

Isn't it merely personal preference?  There isn't a right or wrong answer.

Aye. Too many internet hard men pretending they only eat their steak blue. 

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

TmDBSp8.png?1

Took some of the staff to a Brazilian steakhouse on Tuesday and we all had a fair go at eating our own weight in steak and other meats. A couple of them were off work the next day due to digestion issues and meat sweats

Not one of the 11 varieties of steak on offer was cooked more than medium