You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Redknapp tonight

BurtReynolds

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to Redknapp commenting on the game he tried to play is about as painful as it was catching bits of his tart's solo singing career. Mind you, even with that Eternal group, she was pretty diabolical. At least she had the good sense to eventually shut the fuck up. Hope Mr fucking Potential follows her lead.

Sorry but singling out Torres when the 10 outfield players were just as bad is ridiculous.

You can't rely on him every bloody time to conjure up something when we are playing dire football.

It doesn't make headlines if it isn't Gerrard or Torres he's singled out.. If he'd said Lucas was diabolical, would anyone really have given a shit?

I actually forgot about those chances. The only one I remembered was the run he went on near the end but by the time he go in a position to shoot he ran out of puff. He has a terrible record against Birmingham anyway.

he was dreadful first half yesterday. I wrote it on here at half time so I don't think Redknapp was saying anything a lot of people including me were saying.

Unfortunately the papers are going to town on it today. Hopefully United will get the backlash on sunday. he has a great record against them

Don't you know that's only down to the previous manager? Hadn't he pulled him off last year against Birmingham, he would surely have had a hattrick!:whistle:

Now bite, Zigackly and Brownie!

At least Redders isn't always telling Keys what he wants to hear these days. I don't know if it's deliberate, but he's clearly going 'off message' sometimes as far as the monkey is concerned. Keys asked him one question three times yesterday because Redders kept giving the wrong answer and failed to slate the club. The whole of Sky's coverage yesterday made a dire match even more of a pain to watch. Martin Tyler has all but given up saying what's actually happening - he thinks he's hosting some sort of late-night conversation on BBC2. Non-stop waffle while the action goes on. He needs a few matches where he's on his own and has to remember how to do his job. In fact they all do!

Spot on mate,especially about Tyler, it does my head in!:wallbutt:

People who jump to someone`s defense by stating someone else was not very good either are sad bastards.

What the fuck has Gerrards performance which was decent enough got to do with another player not performing, why is this subject always brought up as some kind of childish defense of another player?

Person A: Lucas was crap as usual.

Peson B: But xxxx was not at his best either.

Who the fuck cares, what kind of silly childish excuse is that, it does not really hide the fact Lucas is and was crap does it?

I think I need to go and lie down, this is just too much right now.

At least Redders isn't always telling Keys what he wants to hear these days. I don't know if it's deliberate, but he's clearly going 'off message' sometimes as far as the monkey is concerned. Keys asked him one question three times yesterday because Redders kept giving the wrong answer and failed to slate the club.

I imagine it will be deliberate to provoke Redknapp into saying something controversial. Which Redknapp subsequently did and now it's plastered all over the media and message boards.

It no doubt happens every week but I rarely tune in to the build up or half time analysis so couldn't say either way.

I imagine it will be deliberate to provoke Redknapp into saying something controversial. Which Redknapp subsequently did and now it's plastered all over the media and message boards.

It no doubt happens every week but I rarely tune in to the build up or half time analysis so couldn't say either way.

It was said before the game started, so Keys was just routinely attempting to crank up the negativity. He's definitely adopted a more aggressive strategy when he deals with Redknapp, as anyone who saw the pre-match chat for the last England game will confirm - he was just gainsaying anything Redknapp said.

Crank up the negativity in general? Or crank it up re Liverpool? Maybe Redknapp isn't controversial enough for Sky's liking.

On an unrelated note, listening to Football Weekly, James Richardson's quip about Liverpool being in such a hole that Chilean miners are sending them messages of support made me chuckle.

we've only lost once this season, we'll see a different team over the next few games, give the manager a bit of time get off his and give him some support. i think he's doing the right thing's trying to play a settled team as much as possible once everyone gets on each others wavelength we'll just as good as anyone else in the league bar chelsea.

Fernando Torres is a class act (just ask my son). But Liverpool's No 9 MUST work harder to regain his fire

Charley Redknapp reckons Fernando Torres is brilliant. Two weeks ago, my son and I were both at Anfield and we had an audience with the Liverpool No 9: pictures, autograph, the full works. Torres was approachable, polite and kind. I came away thinking: 'He's a class act.'

On Sunday, watching the Birmingham match on live television for Sky, I offered a different opinion of Torres. I called his first-half performance 'diabolical'. It's not a word I would normally use - and it's not one I would have taken too kindly to being used to describe some of my quieter performances - but I was frustrated with the way Liverpool were playing and, in particular, the lack of impact Torres was having on the excellent home defence.

Roger Johnson and Scott Dann at the heart of Birmingham's back four haven't gone 17 games unbeaten at home by being leaky, but it was too easy for them to soak up Liverpool's attacking efforts and Torres wasn't troubling them enough. How many times did he get in behind? None. That's not the Fernando Torres of old and I was simply making that point. He's better than that.

My job, both with Sky and Sportsmail, is to assess and analyse. I don't want to be a ranter. He's slipped back in the pecking order for Spain, where he is now considered to be David Villa's sidekick after a poor World Cup. Villa was the second best of Spain's strikers, but he has gone to Barcelona. If Torres wants to reach that level, he has to work harder. He set the example with his work-rate. That was nothing like it.

The long trip to Argentina to play in a friendly for Spain last week would not have helped, but I wonder if he is able to trust his body fully, which is perhaps why he isn't extending himself. He is still seeking that fitness which allows you to go flat out against your opponent. When I was in a similar position, recovering from injuries, I remember playing and listening to comments that were made about my performances. It would sometimes make me say: 'That's bang out of order... don't they know I am playing with an injury?'

Part of my role now is to take that into account when judging a player - to give a fair reflection of their performance - and I try to do that. I still feel close to Liverpool and sometimes, when I am watching them, I become frustrated at their lack of progress. That was true at Birmingham. I think the supporters have a right to expect more of Torres - and that's the point I was trying to make. We didn't see a first half that justified his reputation, or his value to Liverpool.

We are used to seeing work-rate and energy, defending from the front and working the defenders, playing on their shoulder and waiting to pounce. Like Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler before him, Torres played with a relish and a desire. He would be the first line of defence, closing people down and setting the agenda for the rest of the team.

It was an off day for him at Birmingham, that's for sure. And he can't afford too many of those, especially with Manchester United next. The supporters will be looking for him to set an example. And I know he likes to play against Nemanja Vidic, who must wake up having nightmares about past experiences against Torres at his best.

It's better for him to have 60 minutes of punishing intensity and then come off, rather than the 90 minutes of gentle football we saw at Birmingham. Liverpool don't have a plan B. They tried to sign Carlton Cole in the transfer window, just to give Torres some help, or some rest. Dirk Kuyt is injured, but is used more on the right side now, rather than the centre forward they signed. David Ngog is still learning his game, while Ryan Babel needs to take his training-ground form on to the pitch.

Torres needs help, he needs chances created for him and he needs to rediscover his form and his goals. Charley, who has just scored his first goals for Leatherhead Youth, says he will. So do I. I hope we will be writing about the return of the real Fernando Torres soon. Starting against Manchester United.

Jamie Redknapp: Fernando Torres is a class act but Liverpool No 9 MUST work harder | Mail Online

He's no Paul Parker.

Jesus, have you seen him punditing? He looks like a servant boy from 'Gone With The Wind' era who has been caught red handed stealing a cake that was left cooling on the ledge of an open window.

If you didn't have the sound on, you'd think he was being scolded.

Rabbit in the headlights just doesn't do it justice. Apart from the wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling cricket coverage, it was one of the highlights of my recent asian trip.

Jesus, have you seen him punditing? He looks like a servant boy from 'Gone With The Wind' era who has been caught red handed stealing a cake that was left cooling on the ledge of an open window.

If you didn't have the sound on, you'd think he was being scolded.

Rabbit in the headlights just doesn't do it justice. Apart from the wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling cricket coverage, it was one of the highlights of my recent asian trip.

He did a piece on Yahoo the other day and a lad who uses Walk On pointed it out to me. We had a laugh watching all the comments flood in slagging him off.