You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Redknapp tonight

BurtReynolds

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Jamie, he reminds me of the Mark Lamarr quip about Salmon Rushdie hanging out with U2 - he'd figured out that if there was an assassin around he wasn't going to waste a bullet on him.

How anyone ever notices what Redknapp says is cuntish or not when Richard Keys is sat next to him I'll never know.

As for Jamie, he reminds me of the Mark Lamarr quip about Salmon Rushdie hanging out with U2 - he'd figured out that if there was an assassin around he wasn't going to waste a bullet on him.

How anyone ever notices what Redknapp says is cuntish or not when Richard Keys is sat next to him I'll never know.

Exactly - should this thread not be about keys? - jesus the man was embarrassing last night - you could see Jamie getting pissed off with his stupid questions / comments

Jamie Redknapp's big mistake was leaving the BBC for Sky. The BBC trains ex-pros - Lineker was sent for voice training, given an apprenticeship on radio and then coached on TV until he settled. I know he's an exceptionally smug little shit but he HAS become a professional, much as I hate him. Redknapp started the same process but was spotted as 'eye candy' by Sky and offered a high profile job without the training, so, rashly but understandably, he took it. That's why he's remained so flustered and confused on live TV, which suits Keys as he it makes him appear smarter than Redders (which I'm sure he isn't). But I suspect Redknapp is finally coming to regret this Faustian deal. Last night Keys was ludicrously opposing everything Redknapp said (and most of it was actually very sensible), and you could tell Jamie was trying hard not to tell him not to be such an idiot. It's a shame, because, with proper training, he still could be a decent broadcaster (silly tics like the 'literally' thing are nipped in the bud by a serious producer) but he's trapped there as the sidekick to a simian solipsist.

Exactly, not saying Jamie doesn't talk bollocks every now and then (Gerrard on the right etc), but there are so, so many more deserving targets than a man whose wife has the most beautiful breasts in Britain.

Jamie Redknapp's big mistake was leaving the BBC for Sky. The BBC trains ex-pros - Lineker was sent for voice training, given an apprenticeship on radio and then coached on TV until he settled. I know he's an exceptionally smug little shit but he HAS become a professional, much as I hate him. Redknapp started the same process but was spotted as 'eye candy' by Sky and offered a high profile job without the training, so, rashly but understandably, he took it. That's why he's remained so flustered and confused on live TV, which suits Keys as he it makes him appear smarter than Redders (which I'm sure he isn't). But I suspect Redknapp is finally coming to regret this Faustian deal. Last night Keys was ludicrously opposing everything Redknapp said (and most of it was actually very sensible), and you could tell Jamie was trying hard not to tell him not to be such an idiot. It's a shame, because, with proper training, he still could be a decent broadcaster (silly tics like the 'literally' thing are nipped in the bud by a serious producer) but he's trapped there as the sidekick to a simian solipsist.

And that hairy footed cunt Keys had the cheek to call Hansen on 'what price loyalty?' when he made the move in the opposite direction.

To be fair to Redknapp, he isn't perhaps the sharpest tool in the box and yes, he does jabber incessantly at times, but given the tide of sewage he has to swim over and under in any given show, he does well to keep breathing. If he was to come out with some withering diatribe against the owners and pro-Liverpool there is no way that Keys et all are just going to sit there and let him, he would be interrupted, sneered at and cut to an ad break before he knew what was happening. The agenda is plain for all to see and they aren't going to be paying someone to break ranks when quite obviously they are expected to toe the SKY party line.

Redknapp doesn't always articulate himself well, but he does as good a job as any ex-player at fighting our corner. As a pundit there are times when he is irritating and pointless, as a fella, I think his heart is in the right place.

Personally, I like Jamie, doesn't annoy me at all.

Don't really get all this abuse towards ex players that did their best for the club whether it's Jamie or Phil Neal. Can understand it if it's a really stupid comment like the Hillsborough or Ferguson thing re Lawrenson but I still like him too, just can't forget how good he was on the pitch.

On live TV you need to learn you've as much power as the other person - if you go quiet they'll sweat, too, and if you keep interrupting them they'll get rattled, too. Jamie's just too naive, and probably too nice, to realise this, so he'll say something, Keys will break in and ask something else and Redknapp will get flustered. Keys knows exactly what he's doing, the hairy creep. And he's a hypocrite about Hansen, too - Hansen started out on BBC radio, Sky poached him ('what price loyalty,' eh, Richard?) and then Keys whined when Hansen had the good sense to go back to the Beeb for MOTD.

Keys is a monkeybully. He ever pulled that shit on Souness and they'd be picking bits of the glass table out of his fat Galen face.

Of all the things any ex-Red will get shredded for, being too nice is way down on the list.

'Those of us who have played the game at the highest level Richard'

I do like that tact from Souness, I believe in HD you can actually see the resentment eminating from Keys.

Of all the things any ex-Red will get shredded for, being too nice is way down on the list.

Quite, although it happens often enough! I think Redders got a bit dazzled by Chelski a while ago, and also overplayed his 'I know Stephen and he wants to play in the middle' card, which was pretty irksome, but there's no doubting he still cares about this club.

Guest PurpleNose

Frank Lampard is quite literally a top top fella.

Seems sound enough does Jamie. He's no Jonathan Wilson when it comes to analysing football, but then neither is anyone else on Sky Sports, or the BBC for that matter.

They like sensationalist nonsense on Sky. Its just their thing. Even if Jamie did know enough about the ownership issue, he'd get cut off, or laughed at. Then he'd probably get a quick reminder off air that conversations of that nature are not required.

Last night Keys was blatantly trying to wind him up. For example, Redknapp said 'Hart's really impressed me this season, he has a great future,' so Keys jumped in and said 'So why doesn't Capello realise that?' To which Redders, exasperated, said, 'Well, he obviously does, he's picked him!' To which Keys snapped back, 'So why didn't he pick him for the first World Cup game if everyone knows he's the top man?' To which Redders said, 'Well, they didn't then, and I probably wouldn't have picked him then!' To which Keys said, 'But he was clearly the best!' To which Redders pointed out he'd been on loan the previous season and wasn't regarded as clearly the best. On and on Keys went. It was like dealing with an adult who was channeling the spirit of Lou Costello.