You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yanks trying to get refinance against Anfield, Players and future revenue

Marko121

£150 million is bollox, and whilst I hope and pray to Fowler that the Yanks do get fuck all, the actual Club is worth 400 million. Whether they will get that amount all things considered is another matter, but we are not some fucking no mark club without a pot to piss in!

The stadium costs will be put on the club, as they should be, and paid for by the club, as they should be.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£150 million is bollox, and whilst I hope and pray to Fowler that the Yanks do get fuck all, the actual Club is worth 400 million. Whether they will get that amount all things considered is another matter, but we are not some fucking no mark club without a pot to piss in!

The stadium costs will be put on the club, as they should be, and paid for by the club, as they should be.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the less the new owner pays then the better our position. We've had the equivalent of stadium debt on our books for the last 2 years and if we're honest, we've struggled and had to make profit in the transfer windows to keep going.

Surely it would be better for someone to pay £150m with a guaranteed £250m towards a stadium?

Add in long term sponsorship and the stadium is built without impacting at all on the club.

However the club will not be sold for less than the £237m owed to RBS unfortunately. I'd also like for RBS to end up out of pocket as a penalty for careless lending. Unfortunately, they are already quids in with the interest we've paid and there is no way they will sell for less than the debt.

Whelan, I understand what you mean mate but in our current state I certainly wouldn't value us anywhere near £400m.

If we where functioning as we should be, we'd be worth nearer double £400m. We outstrip pretty much everyone profit wise, one of the worlds best supported clubs selling more shirts worldwide than any other, a record breaking website and tv channel, a record sponsorship deal, not to mention a squad containing stars like Torres and Gerrard. We should be the top club in the world, with a new 70-80k stadium to reflect that. But in our current state, with debts rising by the million on a weekly basis, no new stadium, and the banks breathing down our necks, I'd say £150m is a fare valuation. It's sad that those cunts have reduced us to this mess.

Whelan, I understand what you mean mate but in our current state I certainly wouldn't value us anywhere near £400m.

If we where functioning as we should be, we'd be worth nearer double £400m. We outstrip pretty much everyone profit wise, one of the worlds best supported clubs selling more shirts worldwide than any other, a record breaking website and tv channel, a record sponsorship deal, not to mention a squad containing stars like Torres and Gerrard. We should be the top club in the world, with a new 70-80k stadium to reflect that. But in our current state, with debts rising by the million on a weekly basis, no new stadium, and the banks breathing down our necks, I'd say £150m is a fare valuation. It's sad that those cunts have reduced us to this mess.

Wipe out the purchase debt, as any buyer will have to do, and we are a company making what 30-40m a year profit and that includes hiding money away in "stadium accounts".

As I say, Horus and Randy, I am not really arguing against the price that we will go for, more the value of the club!

To me their is also an element of ignorance in the minds of the press about this, that Boggle Eyed Ginger Gobshite Moyes started all this misinformation with his rant about Liverpool having to live like Everton because of all our spending in the past! It was total nonsense, our debt is here because we have been taken over by two crooks and for no other reason. The club will go for a smaller valuation because those two crooks have ran out of time, nothing else!

The club has current profits somewhere near 30-45 million, the normal way to value a company is to roughly times the profits by 10, add in Brand Value, of which we are one of only two clubs in the world to have such a global reach, and as you say 400 million is more than fair.

We are not in debt, the Parasites are in debt! Once they go, they take their toxic debt with them. Essentially on Monday we have a debt of 350 million and on Tuesday we won't! This bit is always missed out.

I just wish people would point out the obvious difference in Liverpool Football Club and the Liverpool Football Club under the parasites.

They don't take the debt with them as it's on the club though.

We aren't worth a carrot mate.

It isn't Dennis, it is their debt and Kop Holdings is their company, the only asset that Kop Holdings have is the club.

Once they get their 350 million, they pay off RBS and get their original 'loan' back, so they will still walk away with 100 million.

But the debt is not the clubs, once they have gone, their debt goes with them.

It isn't Dennis, it is their debt and Kop Holdings is their company, the only asset that Kop Holdings have is the club.

Once they get their 350 million, they pay off RBS and get their original 'loan' back, so they will still walk away with 100 million.

But the debt is not the clubs, once they have gone, their debt goes with them.

Obviously its a bit of a mangled mess and legal matters are uncertain, I'm not legal eagle but if you think that you may be right, equally I may be right, what's clear is much to do with this is uncertain. The debt is about the asset that KH hold in terms of LFC, so even if it is their company LFC and not they are liable for it. Theres a reason they put the debt on the club, the Glazers did the same. I cannot agree with you figures though, are you saying that an new owner, would have to fund the stadium, pay off the cost of buying us and H and G, walk away with the debt and still make £100 mill?

Perhaps you could clarify your last sentence at least and why this is true?

We are only worth what someone will pay for us, if H and G can't shift us then we are taken over by the bank and H and G walk away with nowt but no debt surely?

If we are to be bought the debt needs to be addressed because it exists and if we weren't liable for it why are we paying it off out of our revenues?

Obviously its a bit of a mangled mess and legal matters are uncertain, I'm not legal eagle but if you think that you may be right, equally I may be right, what's clear is much to do with this is uncertain. The debt is about the asset that KH hold in terms of LFC, so even if it is their company LFC and not they are liable for it. Theres a reason they put the debt on the club, the Glazers did the same. I cannot agree with you figures though, are you saying that an new owner, would have to fund the stadium, pay off the cost of buying us and H and G, walk away with the debt and still make £100 mill?

The issue with the debit surrounds the repayments more than the actual debt, the loan repayments are coming out of the clubs profits i.e. The club is technically making profits to reinvest, but those profits are being used to pay of the loan and are not being reinvested. That is the issue with placing the debt on the club, not the actual debt. That is still theirs, and they still have to pay it off.

Perhaps you could clarify your last sentence at least and why this is true?

Most people seem to be suggesting that if the debts are paid off then the yanks will walk away with nothing, but out of the 350 million debit, 100 (roughly) is a loan by them, to themselves, initially to reduce the original debt to RBS. So that will be given straight back to them. In otherwords they are the other creditors so if all debts are paid, they will still walk away with 50 million each.

We are only worth what someone will pay for us, if H and G can't shift us then we are taken over by the bank and H and G walk away with nowt but no debt surely?

If we are to be bought the debt needs to be addressed because it exists and if we weren't liable for it why are we paying it off out of our revenues?

I don't disagree with that! If RBS call in the debt and they don't repay then we are open to offers. But in that instance, I think the debt to RBS will be covered but the Americans would still walk away with their loan!

As the creditors of their loan, to themselves (sickening really), not sure how that will play out, I assume they will have to call it quits.

Fair enough mate but I think we would end up reading into it all a bit much and H and G in my op have a fair few bases covered and us looking at this from the outside in is a bit like an ancient caveman looking at a car engine and trying to work out which part does what and how they all relate to each other, we are really just an experiment but things are still very much open to go either way.

I see it one way, you see it as another, a judge or the bank or potential new owner may look at it entirely different again, it's one big poker game where one party can hold the weakest suit and still win.

What's clear to me is we are going to have to work very hard to un-fuck ourselves somehow and get free of all these leeches but the only way I see that happening is for direct fan intervention but the apathy level is probably higher than it has ever been and the divisions rife on a way to proceed to the point of aiding other parties interests.

All I see is a bleak future, another thing built by the people and ruined by the rich profiteers of our endeavor who grind it into the ground with their ego and greed.

I'm really struggling to understand what Gillett and Hicks stand to gain from all this - while the interest doesn't come out of their pockets, the are devaluing the product they bought and as the debt grows - who's going to buy it?

What possible gain do they get from remortgaging?

What they get from re mortgaging is more time. More time to try and find a moron who'll pay what they want.