You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We will get better. Cole will bring more creativity and Meireles will add more drive from midfield.

Lets face it if it wasnt for Reina we would have lost this game by at least two goals and your right things can only get better however the manager has to realise he is managing LFC and not Fulham.

You only have to look at the same fixture last season and we were angry because we didnt get all 3 points and missed a hatfull of chances and this season were extremely relieved to come away with a point.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreadful. Dreadful but lucky.

Without Reina we'd have shipped at least three goals.

Johnson fighting it out with Lucas and Jovanovic for most brainless player on the pitch.

Skrtl looking like the liability he is whenever he stops listening to Carragher.

Nando continuing his all too public period of existential doubt, (except for that superb run from the half way line).

And a manager who can't see that Poulsen and Lucas in the centre of midfield is a slap in the fucking face to us all and that with no width on the pitch we're always going to struggle.

The only positives I can see are that we've got Cole to come back, Miereles looks positive, Konchesky let no-one down, Pepe's world fucking class and Poulsen can tackle and distribute so he's automatically worth a place above Lucas.

It's a poor start so far, but we've got potential.

Cole and Torres up front, Gerrard and Miereles in the centre and I'd consider starting Kelly at right back from now on.

Lucas, Johnson and Jovanovic have no right being on the pitch on current form. We simply can't afford to carry them all.

:thumbup: agree 100%

I couldnt believe it either, it was sickening. A Liverpool manager didnt have high expectations away to Birmingham fucking City?

Incredible, if thats really his view then he needs to keep it private, or do us all a favour and resign if we're that bad.

Total despair.We were organised to play for 0-0 and maybe nick something.No ambition.We need a manager who will look to win fixtures like yesterdays.Whatever weaknesses exist in the squad it was Birmingham we were playing not Man Utd or Chelsea etc.Mid table beckons at this rate.

Skrtel over Agger selection concerns me, as it might be a signal of intent from Hodgson on his preference of alehouse over finesse.

I think you may be right, the most notable thing I can remember Skrtel doing was running back twenty yards to play their attacker onside for a goalscoring chance. He was woeful.

You can possibly afford one or two players dipping below par without the suspensions and new players bedding in that we're saddled with, but when Johnson plays two thirds of the game like a baffled schoolboy, (with his nadir being standing under a thirty yard hoof from Birmingham and changing his mind at the last second from heading to controlling to hoofing it back with the ball just bouncing over his fucking head), then you're always going to struggle against any team with a semblance of organisation.

With Skirtel continually being caught out of position along with Johnson endlessly leaving Carragher exposed, Lucas being hopelessly inneffectual by only harrying whoever was in possession instead of tackling, (and giving Poulsen a painful lesson in what to expect by both of them challenging for the same ball in our box with Lucas being in the better position to clear, shaping his body as if to kick and then bafflingly leaving it to Poulsen instead which resulted in a clear chance to Birmingham), Maxi was close to anonymous and whilst Jovanovic was at least willing to receive the ball his end product and decision making ranged from average to piss-poor in my opinion.

With Torres also in the grip of some peculiar malaise, it meant that only Konchesy, Gerrard, Carra and Poulsen were above average and only Pepe Reina left the field with any sort of credit, (as he has done all season so far, with his three world class saves against Arsenal conveniently being forgotten about by the pundits in the rush to prove their insight by pointing to his one mistake instead), and it all points to a hard season ahead.

There's obvious, glaring deficiencies in the team at the moment, (as indeed there was for large parts of last season) that can't just be blamed on the personnel available and the manager needs to make some tough decisions. It remains to be seen whether he's capable of them or not.

Agger's advantage over Skrtel is that he can actually pass the ball. When it's Carra and the Skrtel then the former seems to take on the responsibility for playing forward passes, and we all know where that leads...

Plus Agger is just a better defender in my opinion.

I said in the other thread that I would use Johnson on the right wing at the moment because his most useful contributions come when he's going forward. His defending is just shocking. I'd even consider Babel on the left because he at least offers a bit of pace and a goal threat.

This is why I was desparate for us to by a couple of pacy, tricky wide players before the window shut though. I thought it should have been our main priority because it was pretty obvious that we were massively inferior to our rivals in those positions. Without a bit of quality out wide it's going to be a long slog until January...

Skrtel over Agger selection concerns me, as it might be a signal of intent from Hodgson on his preference of alehouse over finesse.

You base this on watching Fulham last year or on your lazy prejudices? We were dogshit last year - Fulham played more attractive football with in most cases shitter players.

Total despair.We were organised to play for 0-0 and maybe nick something.No ambition.We need a manager who will look to win fixtures like yesterdays.Whatever weaknesses exist in the squad it was Birmingham we were playing not Man Utd or Chelsea etc.Mid table beckons at this rate.

Benitez drew the last 6 games with Birmingham in the league. 6 games. Away and home. The last manager to win there was Houllier.

It was always going to be an extremely tough opening few games for Roy. As others have said though, what does seem worrying is that I can't recall too many (if any) positives from any of our league games so far. I'm certain that the return of Cole and the bedding in of Raul will improve things, but it is a concern that we look so listless without two newcomers that we can't say for certain will be successes here.

So far, Roy obviously cannot be judged - as has been said, he's had four league games so far; three and a half of which have been played without his 'marquee' signing. However, I can state that he really needs to cut out waiting so long to make changes, and he needs to cut out the ludicrously defeatist tone of his post match comments. That said, we know from the last six years that such habits are hard for managers to break, so I won't hold my breath.

Hello people of liverpool. First of all I feel sorry for the draw against Birmingham = / I saw the game and was happy for Meireles came into play. Found that the view of him?

Ouvir

Ler foneticamente

It's too early to say...he was only on for fifteen minutes and anyway with slight improvement on Poulson/Lucas would look brilliant after that display.

We can't defend high up the pitch anymore.

Torres & Gerrard can't be bothered to press the defenders.

Poulsen doesn't cover anywhere near the amount of ground Sissoko/Mascherano did.

Carra/Skrtel seem uncomfortable defending in 1v1 situations which means they are basically defending at the edge of the box at all times.

Carra has been a great servant but it's painful watching him trying to keep up with strikers and also watching him trying to 'pass' the ball out of defence.

I'd love those 2 from Birmingham, Johnson & Dann.