You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well we did ok and Konchesky,Poulsen and Meireles were among our better players.

Its usually up to the home team to try to win rather than the opposition.

I become less and less impressed with Glen Johnson every game I watch,he really is an awful defender.

I'm less than impressed with Jovanovic but he has only played a couple of games so far.

I'm not unduly worried so far,I think Cole will give us a few more options in the league.

We still lack width though,very like last year.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely no invention whatsoever in the opposition half. it goes sideways, it goes backward, it goes side ways, it goes backward, we give it away. Carras' hoofometer hit 5 after 20 mins and i started to lose the will to live.

what the fuck is up with Johnson, he is dogshit this season, totally clueless !

i though Konchesky did ok, Poulsen is awful. Torres is still way from back to form, and basically we are not getting the ball to the striker quick enough in good areas.

Pepe Reina is the worlds best goalkeeper ,FACT.

Look, let's not forget that it's been a tough start to the season - Arsenal, Man City and Birmingham in our first four games and the Mancs next. Whilst I agree that we've looked dire during large parts of the season thus far, we'll get better (bit of a D:Ream situation in prospect) and most importantly - those cowboy chumps will be history in October. YNWA.

Yeah, I understand that there at at least 84 separate bidders all going through due dilligence as we speak, ready to throw cash at us. I can see Roy defying all the previous 70 odd years of his track record and winning back to back Champions league and successive Premier league titles now we have Konchesky in our side, United will be shaking in their boots having to face him next week.

Who says having a good mate of Fergies as manager and a chelsea supporting chairman wouldn't work a dream?

Seriously, Poulsen/Lucas with Maxi on the right? (He shouldn't play out wide these days, this is naive stuff.) Get used to these bitty sort of games with Cecil looking on.

McMahon post game:

This is Hodgson, just ok, steady, uninspiring.

Why buy these expensive players if you're not going to play them?

Torres has been very poor, why is he finding it so difficult to hold the ball up?

We're talking about Liverpool against Birmingham, and they're the more exciting side?

I thought Hodgson was supposed to be good at drilling the defense? What has he been doing?

Liverpool are so average it makes me angry.

All this delivered with a face like thunder. The anchor tried to calm him down, and broached the question of 'lowered expectations'. I though Macca was going to leap across the desk and punch him! Instead he just looked at him in disgust and said 'This is Liverpool'

Fucking Leg!

Very true, but he needs to start giving us some reasons to have faith in him. There has been no real reason for cheer so far

I'm not asking for a round of applause, it's just that this manager out syndrome that seems to have affected us saddens me. We are better, yes, demand more but let's not sink to the depths of others. The only thing we have that currently distinguishes us from the rest is the fans and the history. Let's not rely on the history. Shankly lost his second home game 0-4, glad some of you weren't around then.

Am I the only one not that impressed with Konchesky? I thought he was ok, nothing more.

In fact, I thought Agger was better when he came on.

Yep, I thought Konch was our best player behind Reina. He got forward and didn't waste many passes. Couple of good tackles too and looked comfortable. Will prove a lot of people wrong.

Jova, was good first half, headless fucking chicken second half. Him, Johnson and the woeful Lucas couldn't pass the ball five yards today. Jova doesn't have a first touch either it seems. That's what we get for free. Johnson is one lazy git. Good going forward but I can't ever see him busting a bollock to make a last ditch tackle. Carra was good, Skrtel was average. Gerrard and Torres weren't bothered.

Maxi was shite. What exactly does he offer. I'd rather have Johnson at right-mid. At least he'd take on a player.

Poulsen was alright, and was head and shoulders above Lucas who offers nothing other than the odd sideways pass. The difference that the Raul for Lucas change made was huge. We finally looked like a side. On the positive side we should be much better going forward with Raul and Cole in the team.

I am really starting to dislike Glen Johnson. Complete luxury full-back and pointless signing. He is okay when you are winning 3-0 at home v Stoke or somebody but lacks the fight and character to be part of a top side when you need to dig in (I still blame him for the beach ball goal). Why were Chelsea so keen to get rid? He was okay at Portsmouth, big fish in a small pond there.

It wasn't great today but the criticism of the manager is already getting way over the top in some parts. It is a little early to suggest this will be the norm under Roy away from home just because of his Fulham days but I just hope for the time being he is just sticking to the basics and trying not to change too much too quickly from the previous regime and gradually change things over time. If he is still playing Poulsen and Lucas together in a couple of months then of course questions will be asked then and rightly so but maybe he is just trying to make us hard to beat then when we get the likes of Cole back in the team consistently things will hopefully improve.

I predicted we would get off to a sluggish poor start this season and that things will improve come October, November once we start seeing a settled side as Roy isn't the type of manager to make wholesale changes game after game.

He has come into farcical circumstances, players coming and going, a World Cup year, one of our main players undermining things and being sold and that isn't even taking into account the ownership situation but Roy wouldn't use that as an excuse anyway.

Konchesky was easily our best outfield player, a solid debut for him, he got forward to good effect when he could and used the ball intelligently apart from one mistake in the second half when Jerome missed a header at the back post.

Cameron Jerome has a fraction of Torres' ability but still seen fit to work had and work the channels for his team and close things down. Bar a couple of instances I hardly seen that from Torres today and if Babel had produced that kind of performance he would be getting crucified for it.

rafa mark 2

If Roy wins the FA cup, the European cup and makes us the number 1 ranked team in europe I'll be as stunned as I will be delighted. As for the game, I thought meireles made a big difference. Add him and also cole to the starting 11 (in place of jovanovic who was awful again) and we might be ok. Agger also has to be in ahead of skrtel. What makes him a better option than Agger?

Some draws feel like two points lost (Arsenal), and others feel like a point earned - this one.

Pepe Reina was world class today. Several incredible saves and an all round commanding performance.

We should have had a penalty when Johnson brought Torres down. Besides that we had a few speculative shots/not even half chances. So we didn't create all that much, whereas they could easily have scored three.

Konchesky had a decent enough start. He offered balance and did OK. I don't expect a great deal from him, but he will be an improvement over Insua, who was a weak link for us last season.

Poulsen was neat and tidy. Jovanovic looked busy. Meireles had a few minutes at the end and nearly got on the end of a couple. Signs of a box to box midfielder there?

Brum are hard to beat at St Andrews. That was a point earned. Not great, but not bad.

I am really starting to dislike Glen Johnson. Complete luxury full-back and pointless signing. He is okay when you are winning 3-0 at home v Stoke or somebody but lacks the fight and character to be part of a top side when you need to dig in (I still blame him for the beach ball goal). Why were Chelsea so keen to get rid? He was okay at Portsmouth, big fish in a small pond there.

Johnson needs to play at Right mid. Stick someone who knows how to defend at right back.

It wasn't great today but the criticism of the manager is already getting way over the top in some parts. It is a little early to suggest this will be the norm under Roy away from home just because of his Fulham days but I just hope for the time being he is just sticking to the basics and trying not to change too much too quickly from the previous regime and gradually change things over time. If he is still playing Poulsen and Lucas together in a couple of months then of course questions will be asked then and rightly so but maybe he is just trying to make us hard to beat then when we get the likes of Cole back in the team consistently things will hopefully improve.

I predicted we would get off to a sluggish poor start this season and that things will improve come October, November once we start seeing a settled side as Roy isn't the type of manager to make wholesale changes game after game.

He has come into farcical circumstances, players coming and going, a World Cup year, one of our main players undermining things and being sold and that isn't even taking into account the ownership situation but Roy wouldn't use that as an excuse anyway.

Konchesky was easily our best outfield player, a solid debut for him, he got forward to good effect when he could and used the ball intelligently apart from one mistake in the second half when Jerome missed a header at the back post.

Cameron Jerome has a fraction of Torres' ability but still seen fit to work had and work the channels for his team and close things down. Bar a couple of instances I hardly seen that from Torres today and if Babel had produced that kind of performance he would be getting crucified for it.

Well said. Konchesky was a nice suprise. Looking foward to seeing Meireles and Cole. A lot of shite being talked about it's Birmingham, but they have a very good side and a decent manager.

fuck me that was shite.

at least when we played 2 holding midfielders last season, one of them was good at it.

I'm struggling to think of a worst central midfield partnership at LFC than Lucas and Poulsen

fucking alehouse tactics as well, all the more bizarre to a team who defend long/high balls very well.

That man marking at set pieces is working a treat isn't it?

we all had our different opinions on Rafa, but when those that advocated him going - did they want a more negative coach.

Hodgson is making Rafa look like Keegan

Konchesky did ok and Miereles' appearance was promising

Reina was outstanding.

I thought Konchesky was good. Mereiles made us into a totally different team when he came on, but how are we going to accommodate him, Gerrard, and Cole?

Skrtel and Johnson totally fucking stunk the joint out. Lucas and Poulsen were an even worse central midfield partnership than Lucas and Masch last year. The worst thing is, I reckon we'll play that same midfield against the Mancs.

Konchesky had an excellent debut and Poulson played very well second half, so don't quote me to chat bollocks please.

Did he Fuck have an excellent debut. DID HE FUCK AS LIKE.

He was steady - that's all, steady. Throughout the 90 minutes I remember him doing one thing which I thought was good. Everything else was designed NOT to make a mistake.

Steady is not Liverpool FC.

Excellent debut my arse.

McMahon post game:

This is Hodgson, just ok, steady, uninspiring.

Why buy these expensive players if you're not going to play them?

Torres has been very poor, why is he finding it so difficult to hold the ball up?

We're talking about Liverpool against Birmingham, and they're the more exciting side?

I thought Hodgson was supposed to be good at drilling the defense? What has he been doing?

Liverpool are so average it makes me angry.

All this delivered with a face like thunder. The anchor tried to calm him down, and broached the question of 'lowered expectations'. I though Macca was going to leap across the desk and punch him! Instead he just looked at him in disgust and said 'This is Liverpool'

Fucking Leg!

I miss those Asian ESPN streams.