You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking calm down you mongs. That's our strongest team bar Cole and Kuyt.

Mereiles hasn't even played yet... Might not be match fit etc. That team can and probably will beat Brum today. Can't see who else could come into the team.

You, calling everyone "Mongs" without understanding WHY that is our strongest team is another great post.

Well done.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much better did we look after Gerrard injected a little bit of pace and forward passing in midfield. Why did we have to wait till 75min?

Performances today of Maxi and Lucas should warrant automatic exclusion for the foreseeable future. Johnson was piss poor as well.

Agreed. It's just like Rafa's late subs, or even worse. And every game under Roy we have played abysmally in the first half. It was obvious Lucas was a liability today, and offered nothing creatively either, while the Greek was needed in defence. We were sooo lucky to get away with a draw....a Brum. Says it all really.

Look, let's not forget that it's been a tough start to the season - Arsenal, Man City and Birmingham in our first four games and the Mancs next. Whilst I agree that we've looked dire during large parts of the season thus far, we'll get better (bit of a D:Ream situation in prospect) and most importantly - those cowboy chumps will be history in October. YNWA.

What worries me the most is am not sure were we are going. Usually we can go thats because we have no width or we have no threat up front or we have injuries.

We have non of these problems our general team just seems lacking in everything. I hope its a case of us finding our feet still and rebuilding but we really need to start picking up our performances in the first half, if we start well and start scoring maybe that will get us playing as a team.

But hats off to Mcleish he has built a nice side there.

This

how the fuck can you slate his tactics for a game before a ball has been kicked?

And for the last fucking time, Roy was going to go 451 against Citeh. Ask that argie cunt Mascherano why he didn't :wallbutt:

Yeah - how is that possible, afterall it's not like Paul Konchesky (a journeyman full back) will be making his debut, it's not like Lucas is the centre of a midfield expected to dominate, it's not like the only player (Poulson)on the planet that makes Lucas look good will be lining up alongside Lucas.

How would it be possible to judge that?

Today we should have been going for a win seeing te results yesterday but roy sent us our for the draw, so far roys transfer buisness,tactics and team performances are looking shocking.

We replaced rafa with a shitter version, someone who wants to play the same kind of football but more defensive, not as astute tacticly, and shitter in the transfer market.

I didnt want roy here before he came and after seeing his plans in terms of players signed and the way he wants us to play I dont want him now, lets hope we can get new owners and a new manager asap.

His style is closer to houllier's....I just hope he realises that this wont work for liverpool against teams like birmingham. or was a draw planned all along?

"The sooner he's gone the better"

are you from Bolton by any chance, remember this is Liverpool?

Benitez lost 2 of his first 4 games, in the corresponding fixtures last year we got, you guessed it, 5 points. We have a way of doing things at this club, we are not Bluenoses.

Very true, but he needs to start giving us some reasons to have faith in him. There has been no real reason for cheer so far, and certainly no signs of improvement. We have good players who are capable of playing at the top level for fuck's sake. What they need is to be motivated and used properly. Once we actually put in a good performance under Roy then people will probably stop moaning. It's a bit depressing that we haven't seen that yet.

What's the point, Roy, of talking up Babel and Patches and then just not fucking bothering bringing either of them on in a game where we clearly lacked any creativity? Seriously Roy, I want to know.

This. It's just like last season all over again. Roy is clearly working under a lot of constraints but we don't even seem to have had that 'new manager lift' yet, just seems to carrying on as usual.

Good you give Roy and his signings some time to show themselves?

Konchesky, Poulson and Meireles were among the better players today for what it is worth.

Good observation, but he said he needs to get rid of dead wood, and there are players in the first eleven he should start with, like Lucas, Skrtel and Maxi, with Johnson getting close if he doesn't buckle up his dreads.

Yeah - how is that possible,, it's not like Lucas is the centre of a midfield expected to dominate, it's no afterall it's not like Paul Konchesky (a journeyman full back) will be making his debutt like the only player (Poulson)on the planet that makes Lucas look good will be lining up alongside Lucas.

How would it be possible to judge that?

Konchesky had an excellent debut and Poulson played very well second half, so don't quote me to chat bollocks please.

What worries me the most is am not sure were we are going. Usually we can go thats because we have no width or we have no threat up front or we have injuries.

We have non of these problems our general team just seems lacking in everything. I hope its a case of us finding our feet still and rebuilding but we really need to start picking up our performances in the first half, if we start well and start scoring maybe that will get us playing as a team.

We still have no width which is a huge problem. Jova and Maxi always look to cut inside. It wouldn't be a problem if they could do something with when they cut inside but they rarely do.

Today we should have been going for a win seeing te results yesterday but roy sent us our for the draw, so far roys transfer buisness,tactics and team performances are looking shocking.

We replaced rafa with a shitter version, someone who wants to play the same kind of football but more defensive, not as astute tacticly, and shitter in the transfer market.

I didnt want roy here before he came and after seeing his plans in terms of players signed and the way he wants us to play I dont want him now, lets hope we can get new owners and a new manager asap.

The players he has signed have actually all done rather well so far, Jonovavic was a Rafa signing, Cole will come good I'm sure, Konchesky looked assured and a left back who was willing to get forward and defend which is the opposite on, once Raul came on we actually looked we might actually get an attempt on target. The blokes done a decent job with little money. He should have bought a winger but we've been waiting 5 seasons so another 5 months won't make a difference.

His tactics are poor, his want to play Lucas is poor but hopefully with Cole and Merieles we may improve

We're fucked. No manager can sort it out. We ran the last one out of town and replaced him with somebody inferior. That's not meant to disresepct Hodgson either, it's a matter of fact statement. We need to focus on the owners not the manager. Until we rid of them, we're fucked, regardless of who we have as manager. We have a second rate squad and a lack of creativity.

I don't understand why roy needs to wait till the 80th minute to fucking sub... Get maxi and jova off and bring on someone like Babel and Pacheco on fsss. Thank god for Pepe.

2 years ago this was our midfield

Mascherano-Alonso

Now

Poulson-Lucas

I think you'll find that's the owners fault.