You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're really lucky capello will get the sack soon and the FA will want to appoint hodgson. The sooner he's gone the better. This man can't take us forward at all.

Way too early to tell. I just want to see some signs of what he's trying to achieve soon. And hopefully a bit more attacking intent.

We weren't as abysmal in the second half as the first, but thats not much cause for optimism. What I don't understand is why we're so hesitant on gaining possession -- once they got into position, they had eight men back there well organized, so why not go with the early ball or have a run while their backs are still turned? We'd win the ball, play it forward, stop, turn around, a couple sideways passes, basically wait and let them get a chance to organize before we did owt with the ball.

Oh well. Only one injury -- I guess thats a small victory in itself?

Poulson looked whole lot more positive when Lucas went off, apart from actually playing the ball forward which I was amazed by, some were quite decent.

Raul looked to have good footballing brain and Stevie looked 100 times better back in central midfield. Why sub of Lucas so late though (I say sub rather than subs as Agger one was forced)

Reina- MOM 8

Konchesky-7 Played well for his debut.

Carragher-6 Steady.

Skrtel-5 Started ok but had me worried when on the ball.

Johnson-5 frustrating, bad game

Poulsen-6

Lucas-5

Jovanovic-6.I like but he has no end product at the moment and thats a worry. All pace and thats it.

Gerrard- 6 Had a go tried to do something but to no avail.

Maxi-6 Did nothing in second half really

Torres- 5 bad game. There is not getting the service and not looking arsed and thought it was both today.

subs-

Agger- no time really

Meireles- same but like his eagerness and hopefully see more on thursday.

Bit of a meh all round really.

Cowardly, clueless. Yet again.

That's the word I would use as well. The performance was reflective of the approach of the manager though. Like so many games last season we basically sacrificed the entire first half by not showing up in an attacking sense. Anyone could see that Lucas and Poulsen is a midfield combination that provides us with fuck all in the way of movement, pace, creativity, vision, or just about anything else that you might need to win a game of football. Combine that with Jovanovic's lack of a footballing brain and Maxi's lack of pace and it's pretty obvious why Gerrard and Torres were isolated. Is this rocket science? Clearly fucking not. Everyone here can see it, so why can't the manager? Or is it that he can see it but he is genuinely content to see us grind out a draw against Birmingham?

The galling thing is that when we finally did make some changes we started putting pressure on them and created a few half chances. It's just a shame that it took us until, what, the 75th minute to actually start trying to win the game.

How much better did we look after Gerrard injected a little bit of pace and forward passing in midfield. Why did we have to wait till 75min?

Performances today of Maxi and Lucas should warrant automatic exclusion for the foreseeable future. Johnson was piss poor as well.

Very, very poor game again from us. We looked better in the last fifteen.

It is beyond my comprehension how the fuck Hodgson can sit in the dugout and watch that shite for 75 mins without making any changes.

Pepe saved us today. And that's saying something when it's Birmingham we've played.

We weren't as abysmal in the second half as the first, but thats not much cause for optimism. What I don't understand is why we're so hesitant on gaining possession -- once they got into position, they had eight men back there well organized, so why not go with the early ball or have a run while their backs are still turned? We'd win the ball, play it forward, stop, turn around, a couple sideways passes, basically wait and let them get a chance to organize before we did owt with the ball.

Oh well. Only one injury -- I guess thats a small victory in itself?

That's called the Lucas style. He has already spread it to Johnson, who is half the player he was at the beginning of last season. Wish he'd cut off those fucking dreads and concentrate on the football.

We already know how crap certain players are, so what worried me the most was Fernando's play and attitude. Is he unwell, jet-lagged, or just annoyed at still playing for us?

Embarrassing. Shite performance, shite team selection, shite tactics and to top it off shite substitutions which were far too late again. If this is how it's going to be from now on I fucking despair for where we will finish this year, the manager needs to sort it out sharpish or the already partly sceptical support will be all over him and rightly so.

Today we should have been going for a win seeing te results yesterday but roy sent us our for the draw, so far roys transfer buisness,tactics and team performances are looking shocking.

We replaced rafa with a shitter version, someone who wants to play the same kind of football but more defensive, not as astute tacticly, and shitter in the transfer market.

I didnt want roy here before he came and after seeing his plans in terms of players signed and the way he wants us to play I dont want him now, lets hope we can get new owners and a new manager asap.

If we play like we did today against the Mancs, they'll take the fucking piss out of us.

Its actually annoying because yet again when we decided to take the game to the opposition we looked decent. But yet again it takes 60-70 mins before we start to look like we want to do anything.

That has to change, we continue down this road we will be lucky to finish 10th.

There was nothing in that game apart from the last 15 minutes when Roy FINALLY made a fucking change. It was hard to see so many times the wrong ball was made. We looked a hell off alot better when we had Gerrard in CM position where he should be in my opinion, and Meireles had a decent cameo appearance and should of slipped through when he was making a run but instead Maxi decided it would be better to smash the ball up to Torres near the corner flag...

Thank god for Pepe, he was possessed by Superman today. Legend. <3

Not a catastrophe in itself with a draw away to Birmingham, but the way it happened was very worrying.

Bizarre team selection, late changes, no plan for the attacking play at all, a cowardly and cautious approach to the game, etc. Sounds familiar?

I fear that Woy has a brain damage. The pairing of Lucas and Poulson is proof enough for me. He is the only person in the world that doesn`t see the madness of a central midfield like that.

Depressing, very depressing.

Not a bad result at the end of the day, they haven't been beaten there in a year. Pepe is a fucking legend & Konchesky had an excellent solid debut. Hope his knock isn't too bad.

Looks like sly sports and so are going to go on about us not scoring in the 1st half all season. The new zonal marking.

The only thing I'd have wanted see different was babel for Maxi the last 15 minutes or so. I don't really rate maxi at all, offers next to nothing for me.