You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ged on his way to Villa

gkmacca

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You STILL haven't got what I'm driving at have you? Of course the final score was 8-0, but the scoreboard had us at 9-0. We had fans chanting "We want 10!" in jest.

"Can anyone recall the score the last time Ged managed the away team at the Britannia Stadium?"

That's the question you asked, not what the scoreboard showed.

The more I hear about that press conference the more puzzling it sounds:

I still have to sort things out with the French Federation. They could have said you have to work three months [notice].

"I couldn't get back for the Stoke game [on Monday when Kevin MacDonald will be in charge]. I have several important things to do meeting with [French] championship managers on Monday. I apologise for that.

"You understand I'm the head of the national coaches, the regional coaches. The season has started, the work is underway.

"To me, the earliest would be the Bolton game [sept 18], not in charge, but there. Even the Wolves game [sept 26]) I can't promise.

"All I can tell you is that I will come. At some stage I will be here. The other thing is that if I don't do the three months maybe I have to go the odd day.''

If you were a Villa fan that surely would cause a bit of confusion!

Gérard Houllier preaches a good sermon at Aston Villa but is unsure of first game - Telegraph

Latest rumour: Ged wants to sign Michael Owen. That wouldn't be a bad move for him.

Ged used to like Evertonians like Abel Xavier and Nick Barmby, one his signings, the might of Sander Westerveld, also agreed to join Everton later in his career. It all sounds very logical to me. Gary Neville next Janurary and John O'Shea in two years time will be an icing on the cake. Bearing in mind his relationship with SAF anything's possible. Even Pool beign Villa feeder club, with Villa being Manu feeder club. I knew, that under Rafa turning around any game was possible. Now I know actually anything's possible, anything.

Ged used to like Evertonians like Abel Xavier and Nick Barmby, one his signings, the might of Sander Westerveld, also agreed to join Everton later in his career. It all sounds very logical to me. Gary Neville next Janurary and John O'Shea in two years time will be an icing on the cake. Bearing in mind his relationship with SAF anything's possible. Even Pool beign Villa feeder club, with Villa being Manu feeder club. I knew, that under Rafa turning around any game was possible. Now I know actually anything's possible, anything.

Can anyone translate this into English for me? Ta.

Read on the BBC website that Gary Mac is in the frame for assistant, as Thommo & MacDonald have both knocked him back.

Not sure Gary's situation at home now with his kids still young, but would love it if he could take on the gig.

Edit - Might be a bit strange wanting a shower of shit like Villa to do well though.

Read on the BBC website that Gary Mac is in the frame for assistant, as Thommo & MacDonald have both knocked him back.

Not sure Gary's situation at home now with his kids still young, but would love it if he could take on the gig.

Apparently a done deal now, congrats Gary McAllister, the new assistant boss at Villa.

Aston Villa | News | Latest | News | Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced

The Club is pleased to announce that Gary McAllister has agreed to become assistant manager to Gerard Houllier, while Gordon Cowans will become first team coach.

Former Scotland international McAllister, capped 57 times, was described by the new Villa manager as "my most inspirational signing" during their time at Liverpool where McAllister played an integral role in the unique treble triumph of 2001 (Uefa Cup, FA Cup and League Cup).

He has also managed at Coventry City and Leeds United.