You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Three reds starts for england u-19

Kurt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelvey running the show there. That lad looks future captain material to me.

I much prefer the promising kids coming through to be kept on a low profile by the club. Let them develop without the pressure and weight of expectation. A season or 2 in the youth/reserves with the odd first team appearance and a few runs on the bench won't do them any harm at all. The last thing they need is to be thrown in at the deep end and suffer the inevitable moans and groans around the ground when they misplace a pass, then be written off all together by the shortsighted. Let them develop and earn their stripes under the radar.

Shelvey running the show there. That lad looks future captain material to me.

I much prefer the promising kids coming through to be kept on a low profile by the club. Let them develop without the pressure and weight of expectation. A season or 2 in the youth/reserves with the odd first team appearance and a few runs on the bench won't do them any harm at all. The last thing they need is to be thrown in at the deep end and suffer the inevitable moans and groans around the ground when they misplace a pass, then be written off all together by the shortsighted. Let them develop and earn their stripes under the radar.

I think if they are good enough, give them minutes to help their development.

Fans don't usally moan or groan at young players - they usually want them to do well and give them more support as a result and look for any positives in their performances, rather than focussing on the negatives.

I think if they are good enough, give them minutes to help their development.

Fans don't usally moan or groan at young players - they usually want them to do well and give them more support as a result and look for any positives in their performances, rather than focussing on the negatives.

Ofcourse, totally agree. I trust that Roy and Kenny would do everything they can to aid there development and I believe that if they are ready they will get the chance. Like I said, I'd like to see them given a few appearances here and there as that can only improve them. But last season, too many times we saw young lads coming in to a failing team and suffering because of it. I'd use Insua as an example to a certain extent. The lad had buckets of potential but IMO was massively over used due to circumstances last season. His confidence and performances suffered and he's now been shipped out. I think he'd have benfited and matured much more with a back up roll with 20-30 apps rather than as a first choice.

Blooding them is great, but it has to be when the circumstances are right, i.e when we are 3 up at home or in the CC.

I remember people campaigning on these forums for Jay Speo to be given a shot, then totally writing him off after one start at Sunderland. The point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't expect too much off these lads too soon. If they are allowed to slowly develop beyond the glare and pressure of supporters craving the "next big thing" out of the Academy which we've been without since Stevie's emergence, then I think they'd be better for it.

Insua looked good in 2008-09.

He only looked shit because the whole team were shit. He still got 6 assists in the season. Insua will be a top player in 6-7 years.

Well we'll agree to disagree on that one.

I went to crewe last night as it is only down the road and i was given some free comps. I thought it was a convincing performance against a mediocre side with adequate displays by wisdom and ngoo (who resembled a leaner version of heskey,particularly the amount of time he spent on his arse). Without appearing too biased shelvey was outstanding and without doubt was man of the match,even more impressive as this was his first appearance at this level. I am sure the lad has a bright future with us and look forward to watching him again. By the way there was also a number 10 from the chavs who played and looked good.

I went to crewe last night as it is only down the road and i was given some free comps. I thought it was a convincing performance against a mediocre side with adequate displays by wisdom and ngoo (who resembled a leaner version of heskey,particularly the amount of time he spent on his arse). Without appearing too biased shelvey was outstanding and without doubt was man of the match,even more impressive as this was his first appearance at this level. I am sure the lad has a bright future with us and look forward to watching him again. By the way there was also a number 10 from the chavs who played and looked good.

That's McEachran plays a bit like Wilshere all left foot and that with excellent technique.

Noel Blake was saying on the video that the game was a platform for both Shelvey and McEachran to display their talents but from the video it was all Shelvey. Quite a feat considering how highly rated the Chav kid is.

The only thing thats cheering me up at the moment is the youth and reserve teams. Now i'm tryin not to get ahead of myself, but we look like we have some real talented youngsters at the moment. The likes of Kelly, Pacheco, Shelvey, Ince, Amoo, Ngoo, Coady, Wisdom, Robinson, Suso, Flannagan etc all look fine prospects and if they carry on progressing they way they are, they could save us an absolute fortune in the future. And its great to see these youngsters doin well at international level aswell.

How long till Ngoo moves to the ressies, do you think? Seeing as we've sold Nemeth and Dalla Valle, and Saric is out for lord knows how long.

I'll be amazed if he's not moved straight up, Ecclestone and Brouwer are the only forwards in the reserves now. Maybe Amoo will get a few games there now.