You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Van der vaart

Guest Captain Jonjo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Spurts should be below Liverpool level, and it's a sign of how far we've fallen that they're currently ahead of us.

However I didn't say that, you just read it into my post old son.

I think Van der Vaart is very similar to Joe Cole yeah, from the hype, wanting to play in the centre, but generally getting pushed wider and in-and-out of teams at the very top level and internationally.

Very similar players and careers really.

FYI, Abs is an Arsenal fan who likes to come on here and try and wind people up. Ifind his "arrogant" jaunt a touch ironic given he's a gooner.

Fucking pathetic.

Why don't we just sign someone now - and tell the media the fax machine ran out of ink. And then tell the FA we couldn't let them know because we didn't have any credit on Cecil's mobile.

This fucking stinks. Why have a 6pm deadline if they are not going to stick to it.

Football is becoming more and more rotten every day.

VDV has said the other club in for him was not bayern, but us, and he chose spurs due to harry.

Definitely a bargain at £8m, but not sure he is the type of player we need as we have a few midfield playmakers now, and he showed during the WC, that he is no winger.

Thought that Elia lad who always came on as sub for the dutch looked a player though, and could be perfect for us on the left

I am posting from my phone so no link, but Sportinglife is quoting SSN on this.

VDV has said the other club in for him was not bayern, but us, and he chose spurs due to harry.

Definitely a bargain at £8m, but not sure he is the type of player we need as we have a few midfield playmakers now, and he showed during the WC, that he is no winger.

Thought that Elia lad who always came on as sub for the dutch looked a player though, and could be perfect for us on the left

I am posting from my phone so no link, but Sportinglife is quoting SSN on this.

I seen it on Sky earlier. Didn't Purslow attempt to thrash out a deal for VDV behind Rafa's back ? Maybe that's where it came from. I can't really imagine Hodgson trying to sign him after signing Cole

He's a decent player, but for me hasn't improved since he was about 20, when everyone was raving about him.

I remember being linked heavily with him in Ged's early days.

He's not better now that he was then imo.

£8m is still a good bit of business though, no mistake.

The big opportunity at Real Madrid was last summer when he should have insisted on Schneider and Robben in exchange for Alonso & Arbeloa. Quite a few on here actually mentioned this .....

Would have been a great deal, the only hinderance being the RBS. If only they'd take professional footballers as debt repayments. Stubborn bastards, wanting straight cash. Greedy if you ask me.

• 4 weeks later...
Scored twice today so far and doing very well for Spurs so far.

Considering he shouldn't even be a Spurs player then i agree.

If the FA had any bollocks he would still be at Real Madrid. But luckily good old 'Arry is pals with the top knobs at the FA, and probably struck a deal with them to ratify the transfer as long as he agreed to become the next England manager when Capello goes.

I repeat what i said earlier in this thread. Football is a dirty, horrible, rotten business these days.

Yeah he's been surprisingly good. Defo didn't think he'd settle as quick as he has.

Dutch players are hardly renowned for their inability to settle in the Premier League, quite the opposite in fact!

Signing of the season so far, but then, it was always obvious he would be. £8m, fucking hell.

Dutch players are hardly renowned for their inability to settle in the Premier League, quite the opposite in fact!

Signing of the season so far, but then, it was always obvious he would be. £8m, fucking hell.

Yeah I know but I was thinking in terms of his build / position / pace etc.