You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you think is the answer to our striking woes?

WrongIslander

Do we still pay scouts at our club? If so, what do they do? It's not that long ago that we were able to pick up the likes of Hyypia and Alonso for a reasonable price. I assume that there are still players of that type out there to be had...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose
I cant understand why people keep mentioning Andy Carroll, I know he's started well this season, but he's nowhere near good enough to be at this club. All round he's a very, very average player.

Is he significantly worse than Carlton Cole?

He's 21 as well, not nearly 27.

It's not going to be Gomez because Bayern have told him he has to stay and fight for his place, although I think he was quite interested in coming here.

Either a last-minute loan signing (who - i have no idea at all) or, more realistically, noone would be my best bet. I also don't think we have the money for anything else.

Just heard a journo on 5 live talking about Crouch and that he may be on the move if Spurs sign another striker. I know there was a few rumours about him earlier in the summer, I think he would do a job for a couple of years. Would guess its a real long shot, does anyone know if he's eligible for Europe? I know he played for Spurs the other night, but isnt there some sort of loop hole?