You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

we are turning into Newcastle

Marko121

fuck off its completely different, Meireles signed last night, players are usually unveiled the day after signing and today we happened to have a match, better to have some fans to welcome him than showing him an empty ground.

And whats wrong with a bit of openess, i find it refreshing after Rafa's question dodging

fuck off its completely different, Meireles signed last night, players are usually unveiled the day after signing and today we happened to have a match, better to have some fans to welcome him than showing him an empty ground.

And whats wrong with a bit of openess, i find it refreshing after Rafa's question dodging

Whats wrong with having a quiet press conference? Or would you rather we open the ground and have people buying the shirt before he has kicked a ball for us

Whats wrong with having a quiet press conference? Or would you rather we open the ground and have people buying the shirt before he has kicked a ball for us

if people want to buy his shirt thats their perogative, opening the ground on a non matchday would be a step too far but we haven't done that so theres no issue, and we probably will have a quiet press conference also, it was hardly "ooo look at us we've signed Raul Meireles" he just got introduced to the crowd and presented with the shirt

So now we're after the club for something they didn't do but might have?

There's a difference between introducing a new player to the public on match day and opening the stadium to welcome the next blag toon messiah.

Chill out man, we've lost a lot of who we were in certain respects but there's enough to deal with without adding what MIGHT have happened.

Can't say I liked the parading on the pitch, but thought the West Brom chant of "you should have signed for the Chelsea" was quite funny.

I was more concerned with the fact YNWA has been shunted away from the team taking the pitch, and playing the fucking Godzilla soundtrack as we come out for the second half. I swear it's only a small step from playing that fucking stupid music after the team scores. If that happens people will die.

Can't say I liked the parading on the pitch, but thought the West Brom chant of "you should have signed for the Chelsea" was quite funny.

I was more concerned with the fact YNWA has been shunted away from the team taking the pitch, and playing the fucking Godzilla soundtrack as we come out for the second half. I swear it's only a small step from playing that fucking stupid music after the team scores. If that happens people will die.

I hate YNWA where it is now. Hate it. Used to like running through a few player chants whilst they were waiting for kick off.

Just like they had to anounce on the club website that they had spent a WHOPPING 14 MILLION EUROS.

Like it's a bad thing to get the facts out there.

There has already been misinformation (I've already seen one story saying £18M) about the Raul M deal, releasing the price when, considering the player's reputation, it is so reasonable (neither a steal, nor extortion) is the best way to nip it in the bud.

Like it's a bad thing to get the facts out there.

There has already been misinformation (I've already seen one story saying £18M) about the Raul M deal, releasing the price when, considering the player's reputation, it is so reasonable (neither a steal, nor extortion) is the best way to nip it in the bud.

It was more to do with the fact they used Euros rather than pounds.

Parading new signings on the pitch and mentioning Toivanen & Konchesky ( like him or not ) on the offal.

We are only a step away from opening the ground and putting someone on a pedastle ( Owen, Shearer etc )

Not our way at all

I agree Marko mate, embarrassing scenes