You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zidane

Guest Podge

Guest Podge

Had a superb game for Real last night. Playing behind Raul.

Ran the show. I think he's without doubt one of the greats

of the game, of any era. The media use the word great far too

often about players these days but ZZ really is up there with the best.

Two great feet, good in the air, scores & makes crucial goals,

rarely gives the ball away & his touch is just sublime. He makes

the game look so easy. Always has time on the ball. A joy to watch.

Imagine ZZ wearing the red jersey along side SG in centre mid.

Dream on.

He is the one player in the world at the moment that deserves to be spoken of in the same breath as Zico,Maradona and Dalglish

I was in madrid a few weeks ago for the malaga game and it was worth the fee to see Zidane alone -Its such a surreal experience to have 80 thousand people suck in their breath at once ,whenever ZiZi gets the ball -the anticipation of what he's going to do next is astounding -how many players would have finished that last nite uin that fashion - same 2 weeks ago , he got a doyuble against deportivo (i think) and the way he finished them was amazing - I think I would be the first male in History to experience a multiple orgasm if I saw Zidane run out of the tunnel at Anfield in a red shirt :biggrin:

I think I would be the first male in History to experience a multiple orgasm if I saw Zidane run out of the tunnel at Anfield in a red shirt :biggrin:

Get to the back of the queue you!

Saw him play once for France pre-World Cup 98 versus South Africa. Better than Maradona?

Get to the back of the queue you!

Saw him play once for France pre-World Cup 98 versus South Africa. Better than Maradona?

oh yeah ,always have to try for one better ehhh:blah

believe it or not , I'm fairly confident that I sawa young kenny cunninham man mark him out of under 20's game in the early 90's but i'd have to check me program notes

N evertheless, He IS better than Maradona ,

Guest glen buck

ZZ is fantastic. The best player in the world, of that there's not much doubt.

BUT..... he would have been even better if he had worked harder, which imo he doesn't.

I don't go along with the theory that some players are so good they don't really need to work, because no matter how talented you are, you would be even better still if you worked your bollox off. Like Kenny did, and someone like for instance Hoddle didn't.

Imagine what he would have been like if he worked as hard as Stevie G! Probably a candidate for best player EVER!

Only a minor criticism though, cos like I said he's magnificent. When he's got the ball at his feet and does that thing where he moves the ball from foot to foot, it just takes your breath away, as does his balletic balance and grace.

Brilliant! The Rudolf Nureyev of the football world.

Guest glen buck

I'm wondering if the people who claim that Maradonna is the best player ever aren't old enough to have seen Pele.

I know these things are only a matter of opinion, but imo, Maradonna, great though he was, wasn't even close to being as good as Pele.

That's the difference.

I've only ever seen clips of Pele, whereas i watched Maradona win the '86 world cup virtually singlehandedly for Argentina in 86 (and turn Napoli from being shite into Serie A Champs almost by himself too). There has never been a better display over a tournament than the one put on by Maradona in that world cup. That is why he is the greatest to me.

That famous clip where Pele foxes the keeper by dummying and running around the other side of him?

Let's face it, he missed an open goal.

I have seen countless hours of footage of Pele and been lucky enough to see Maradona live. I would say Pele just shades it because he played the game as it should be played at a time when virtual decapitation wasn't even a yellow card, the pitches weren't as good and the balls weighed a lot more.