You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not bad. At least he's not another Premiership journeyman. We still need a couple of players like Ben Arfa and N'Zogbia for the wide positions though. And probably another striker.

Speaking of which, please god not Carlton Cole. PLEASE.

Not bad. At least he's not another Premiership journeyman. We still need a couple of players like Ben Arfa and N'Zogbia for the wide positions though. And probably another striker.

Speaking of which, please god not Carlton Cole. PLEASE.

Can be a bit of a twat but looking at him purely in terms of talent I'd love to see us go in for him, I really rate the lad.

I'd heard that Carlton Cole link as well - I'm less than enthusiastic about it.

A bit of statistics for the last couple of years:

Raúl Meireles Profile, Statistics, News, Game Log - FC Porto, Portuguese Liga - ESPN Soccernet

If true I think it is a great an very unexpected signing. I haven't seen him a lot but he was great in the World Cup and has been solid the few times I have seen him for Porto. He is a much better player than Lucas and if we get him it leaves Roy with some allright opportunities. Mereiles and Gerrard with Cole in the hole or Mereiles and Poulsen with Gerrard in the hole and Cole out wide. That's actually pretty good.

I like him, always thought he was a good solid midfielder, kinda old school. Am surprised by how blase the Porto fans seem to be about him leaving.

Also for those who've missed it, Brum have agreed a fee for N'Zogbia.

I thought the deal was off now as he couldnt agree personal details.

I like him, always thought he was a good solid midfielder, kinda old school. Am surprised by how blase the Porto fans seem to be about him leaving.

Also for those who've missed it, Brum have agreed a fee for N'Zogbia.

And N'Zogbia has failed to agree personal details.....

I think I could find plenty of comments like that on Mascherano today that we saw from Porto fans, Do all these Porto fans speak perfect English impressive? I think he played well in The World Cup and what I've read he seems solid.

Reina

Jones

Johnson

Kelly

Carra

Agger

Skrtel

Soto

Wilson

Konchesky

Aurelio

Meireles

Stevie

Poulsen

Lucas

Shelvey

Maxi

Kuyt

Cole

Pacheco

Jovanovic

Babel

Torres

Ngog

add another decent striker and possibly a left winger and its a better squad than i was expecting to have

Salif Diao and El Hadji Diouf both impressed in the 2002 World Cup.

Those comments from the Porto fans seem pretty balanced.

Having read some crazy views on here about the likes of Carragher, I'm wary about reading too much into fans views. If we're paying decent money for this gent then I hope that indicates Hodgson wants Gerrard further forward.