You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meireles seems to be the new Aquilani on the forum.

Both failed to impress me. Is the team weaker with Adam in rather than Merieles ? Not in my opinion.

Good shout that, lad.

Aquilani's also a decent enough player, but he, like Meireles, is a shithouse crock. Ultimately, he didn't/ doesn't want to be here. Both are ok players, but fuck me, there's been some revisionsim done on the pair of them with regards to their contribution to Liverpool Football Club.

I think with some people it's a case of the gifted, misunderstood foreigner being marginalised by the big bad wolf of British football. Both are decent in spells, but I expect more from a player than to be good sporadically.

Can't compare Meireles to Aquilani in a million years. Meireles put in some quality performances, Aquilani is a useless cunt.

I agree, mate. I was just talking with regards to the revisionsim done on here with regards to the pair of them.

I do like Meireles as a player, but I don't think we're any worse off without him.

Aquilani has to rank as one of the worst pieces of business ever done by this football club. I bet he ends up going on a free as well. Don't get me wrong, I also think he's an alright player, but he's definitely a luxury. Him signing for us at that time with a big Xabi Alonso-shaped hole in our team was the equivalent of building a swimming pool before you've got the kitchen sorted in your gaffe.

• Upvote 1

• 7 years later...