You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Spearing and/or Pacheco start against the baggies this weekend.

RafaLaBamba

Should Jay and/or Dani start the game against W.B.A?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jay and/or Dani start the game against W.B.A?

• Yes, Poulsen and Lucas will be too tired to play.
    • No, they are far too inexperienced regardless of the physical state of regular 1st teamers.

With Mascherano gone and Lucas and Poulsen putting in big shifts on Thursday night, it's more than plausible that Spearing and Pacheco have a good chance of starting on sunday. Travelling all that way can take thier tolls on players and this may mean that fielding these two hungry youngsters is less of a risk than putting out players who are tired mentally and physically.

Liverpool can still put out a good team on the weekend though after leaving out Milan, Gerrard, Maxi, Torres, Agger and Skrtel. But players such as Poulsen and Lucas may find it too hard in coming back to full fitness in time for sunday which could leave us fielding a team similar to this.

------------------Reina-----------------

--Johnson---Carra-------Skrtel---Agger--

-----------------Spearing---------------

-------Maxi-------Gerrard---Jovanovic----

------------------Pacheco---------------

-------------------Torres----------------

Spearing? No. He is not good enough and Shelvey should always be in the team ahead of him.

I really rate Shelvey and hope he can get some minutes this season in the first team.

I would have both on the bench.

No. Throwing two reserves into a league game is inviting trouble. We should beat West Brom even with 9 men says you. Portsmouth says I, Reading, Fulham, Sunderland etc. Shit happens and it happens regularly these days.

There's a proper procedure and they are both at the stage where they can be brought on if we're comfortable. They need more experience, and they need to impress a bit more when they get the chances, before they can claim to be worth a starting place.

No. Throwing two reserves into a league game is inviting trouble. We should beat West Brom even with 9 men says you. Portsmouth says I, Reading, Fulham, Sunderland etc. Shit happens and it happens regularly these days.

There's a proper procedure and they are both at the stage where they can be brought on if we're comfortable. They need more experience, and they need to impress a bit more when they get the chances, before they can claim to be worth a starting place.

Couldn't agree more.

I think Spearing did really well last season and in pre-season, if Roy trusts him to play then he's ready. I think that he is mentally on the ball and in the position that he plays the mental game is half the battle (reading the game and seeing where the opposition are attacking strongest, spotting runs, basic positioning) but I'm hardly calling for his inclusion, Poulsen needs games and I think will do well in this game.

Pacheco has something we need more of. Composure on the ball in the final third. He should definitely play as he is in no way a reserve anymore. He is a natural replacement for Cole and I'd prefer to go to 4-2-3-1 with Patches in the hole than 4-4-2 again.

I think Spearing did really well last season and in pre-season, if Roy trusts him to play then he's ready. I think that he is mentally on the ball and in the position that he plays the mental game is half the battle (reading the game and seeing where the opposition are attacking strongest, spotting runs, basic positioning) but I'm hardly calling for his inclusion, Poulsen needs games and I think will do well in this game.

Pacheco has something we need more of. Composure on the ball in the final third. He should definitely play as he is in no way a reserve anymore. He is a natural replacement for Cole and I'd prefer to go to 4-2-3-1 with Patches in the hole than 4-4-2 again.

Think we'll go with lucas and gerrard in the middle personally, poulsen looked fucked when he came off on thursday. Would also like to see kuyt up top with torres. Is maxi fit?

No Spearing, he is not good enough - a Championship player at best.

If he wasn't English he would have been sold, really wish he had more ambition and realised he is not going to make it at Liverpool and try go elsewhere to play first team football.