You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Masch Gone - fee agreed but not yet disclosed

Slimbo

Bought a West Ham reserve for £18m. Developed him into the best holding midfielder in the world, first name on Argentina's team sheet. Sold him on at a loss. Disgrace.

Amen.

It could only happen here. I assumed this sort of mistake could only happen with Coco at the helm but it appears the name 'Chief Executive' at Liverpool must mean you are a complete and utter fuckwit.

If only i could portray how fuming i am.

Cunts

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot Mihaylov off the lists of sales

Judging by the figures posted by SuperJari and including Mihaylov it appears that the net spend is about zero. For that I included Joe Cole as a 6m signing on fee. If/When we sell Masch for 18m it will mean we have brought in 18m this transfer window.

Again another transfer window where the Yanks have made money. This money needs to be reinvested and more so. We need a LB - Koncheskey seems to be almost done. Creative Midfielder and Centre Forward at the very least. Unfortunately I can not see this happening!!!!!

Nightmare situation.

We have sold the best holding midfielder in the world and our best outfield player last season vastly under value.

Now we only have four days to bring in all the other replacements we need.

West Ham reserves do not cost 18m.

Can we please stop with this "made him what he is today" cockrot?

His workrate and destructive tendencies have always been there for anyone to see, but every time he had a shot from outside the box as well you always thought "why don't you do that more often? Maybe we'll see it now.

This whole "huge improvement since he's been here" straw is being clutched by way too many people. Like Hamann he was immense in big games against superior opposition. In games where we had to take the game to inferiors he was often a luxury.

As for his 'refusals' to face Fiorentina and City, he's also a self-interested obnoxious twat whose effect on morale could have been disastrous had he stayed.

Fans love someone who charges round the pitch getting stuck in, but since Alonso left his deficiencies have been more and more obvious.

Fuck him.

West Ham reserves do not cost 18m.

Can we please stop with this "made him what he is today" cockrot?

His workrate and destructive tendencies have always been there for anyone to see, but every time he had a shot from outside the box as well you always thought "why don't you do that more often? Maybe we'll see it now.

This whole "huge improvement since he's been here" straw is being clutched by way too many people. Like Hamann he was immense in big games against superior opposition. In games where we had to take the game to inferiors he was often a luxury.

As for his 'refusals' to face Fiorentina and City, he's also a self-interested obnoxious twat whose effect on morale could have been disastrous had he stayed.

Fans love someone who charges round the pitch getting stuck in, but since Alonso left his deficiencies have been more and more obvious.

Fuck him.

I've never believed we paid £18m for him - I think that was the total value of his contract - £10m plus £40,000 a week for 4 years. It just suited both clubs to put a bit of spin on the purchase price.

But, as you say, fuck him. He's gone - we move on to the next greedy bastard.

If we get anything over, or near 20 million we have done well!

Not sure the big prices are out there any more! I see no reason why a player is any different to anything else in this world, in the midst of a recession prices are reduced. Outside City, David Villa went for 35 million! He was 50 million plus last season.

Get Treseguet on a free, get Diarra on a free, buy Arfa Folwer and Oiven Toiven and Konchesky. You have forward cover, strength and height in midfield, and a couple of creative players.

I've never believed we paid £18m for him - I think that was the total value of his contract - £10m plus £40,000 a week for 4 years. It just suited both clubs to put a bit of spin on the purchase price.

But, as you say, fuck him. He's gone - we move on to the next greedy bastard.

So if he was 10m why is everyone getting so hot under the collar?

Wilson

Is not "home grown". He's been playing in Scotland!

It's still disappointing seeing as the club helped mold the player into what he is today.

Did we fuck! Mascherano was the same player on the day he signed for us as on the day he left. He was brilliant in Argentina and unfancied at West Ham but we did nothing to develop his game at all. In fact if you watch footage of him in Argentina he was much more positive going forward before he came to England.

So if he was 10m why is everyone getting so hot under the collar?

Because he's worth a lot fucking more than £16m or whatever is being banded around.

You cant use the price he was bought for as a justification of his sale price.

If Yaya Fucking Toure is £27m then Masch is equal if not more - dont forget the club buying Mascherano got that fee for Toure. They are basically upgrading and making £10m.

It fucking stinks.

Get your head out of the sand