You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Masch Gone - fee agreed but not yet disclosed

Slimbo

I'm not saying that the Carra and Mascherano incidents are the same but the difference between them isn't the same as the difference between how people are viewing it.

It has left a sour taste given how highly I rated the lad after his performance against Arsenal but that'll fade with time and I'll remember the good times with him. Similar to what Carra did at Boro in that respect. It annoyed us at the time but I think less of it now. It's not up to Mascherano to decide whether his head is right or Carra to decide whether his legs are right, that's the similar part.

The manager should always have the final call on it though.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he accepted less then what we offered him on a new contract? Not his current one.

Yeah, so he could've had more money by staying, so it proves his decision was nothing to do with money, and...

Reports in Spain saying their was a 3m Euro difference in valuation by both parties and Mascherano asked Barce to knock the difference off his contract to facilitate the deal.

So, we got the price we wanted, Barca got their player & Mascherano got his move.

Not sure why people have to keep having a go at the lad, he only did what's best for his family.

Yeah, so he could've had more money by staying, so it proves his decision was nothing to do with money, and...

So, we got the price we wanted, Barca got their player & Mascherano got his move.

Not sure why people have to keep having a go at the lad, he only did what's best for his family.

You think we got the price we wanted? We got the most we could from a shitty situation where the player attempted to put the club over a barrel.

He acted an absolute cunt, Barcelona acted like absolute cunts, and you're a cunt for defending him.

This absolute scumbag single-handedly cost us a game, since he decided to go on strike the DAY of the fucking game.

Thanks Masch, you twatwaffle.

St Masch has and his beloved family have already got more money than they could ever possibly need.

His greed is far greater than his loyalty.

St Mascha's moral compass is pointing south.

His behaviour was fucking disgraceful. I don't see how anyone can really argue otherwise. If you're paid a lot of money to be a professional footballer then you don't refuse to play for the fans who have funded your lavish lifestyle. I hope he rots on their bench.

No one really had a problem with him wanting to leave for family reasons, they had a problem with him fucking the club over to force a move on the cheap. Anyway im done in this thread as your either on the wind up or just a complete fucking whopper.

No one really had a problem with him wanting to leave for family reasons, they had a problem with him fucking the club over to force a move on the cheap. Anyway im done in this thread as your either on the wind up or just a complete fucking whopper.

According to the Mukky fella we got the fee we wanted, where did we get fucked over exactly?

Talking out of your arse to make Mascherano look bad, nice one. Not the first time it's happened either.

Before the masses jump on me, just consider the following.

Masch and Tevez suffer from the same problems. Both have leaches as advisors, and both have had their heads turned on a fairly regular basis. Both have pretty much given 100% at their various clubs, yet both have had instances where they have refused to play for a club because they want out (Tevez went on strike at Corinthians). I don't believe it's ever been about money with either player however, just two guys who cannot settle outside of their comfort zone. They are pretty simple people behind the glamour of their job. In Masch's case, coming home to a grumpy missus on a daily basis was bound to wear him down eventually. He stuck it out for an extra year considering he wanted to leave last year, and put his family first. I doubt it will be long before Tevez feels Manchester is not for him, despite the wealth.

The only problem I have with Masch is that he refused to play last Monday. I cannot accept that. He may have wanted out for a long time, but as a professional he has been exemplary on the whole throughout his time here, despite his off-field issues. Apart from a loss of form early last season, he has been a pretty consistent performer for us. How many times have you lot cheered at Anfield when he's gone in for a bone-crunching challenge after another, chasing lost causes and lifting the crowd?

Yes, refusing to play is a massive no-no, but remember that the real problem in all this is not Masch, it's not even his wife believe it or not, despite her apparent inability to integrate. It's the advisors behind both him and Tevez that seek to upset the apple cart wherever they go, plotting behind the club's back. Barcelona and Man City will see this before long. Walter Tamer and Kia Joorabchian (who's still in the background) are already scheming, I can assure you of that.

I agree that there may be mitigating circumstances for Mascherano's actions, but when the Clerk of the Court reads out the charge of massive cuntery, I'm afraid it's still a firm Guilty plea from the fella, mitigating circumstances or not.

I take on board a couple of things that Il Fenomeno says, and to be fair to him, he does a better job at defending Masch than a lot of local Solicitors would do, but when listening to the mitigation, you can't help feeling that each time something is offered with one hand, twice as much is taken away with the other when viewed in relation to his actions.

I'm not sure he has acted in anything other than self interest and I don't think that Roy or the club could have handled it any better. The reason we didn't get quite what we wanted for the player is down to the player.

I'm sorry to see Mascherano the player leave, that is as far as my disappointment extends.

He made himself look bad, you just don't see it. No need for a huge argument though.

One wrong doesn't mean he should be written out of our history books, after all the effort he's given us, Thommo's a bit of a hypocrite saying that isn't he? His treatment of Fowler was pretty sickening, worse than what Masch did for me anyway.

So did Carra by making Skrtel play at right back then.

I could possibly understand it if you were to question Carra's ability, but to question his loyalty and his integrity ?

Jamie Carragher you're pointing the finger at ?

You've blown any shred of dubious credibility which your argument may have carried, to fucking smithereens.

Unbelieveable and possibly THE stupidest post I've ever seen on any forum. Ever.

Have you been negged to fuck yet mate ?

I could possibly understand it if you were to question Carra's ability, but to question his loyalty and his integrity ?

Jamie Carragher you're pointing the finger at ?

You've blown any shred of dubious credibility which your argument may have carried, to fucking smithereens.

Unbelieveable and possibly THE stupidest post I've ever seen on any forum. Ever.

Have you been negged to fuck yet mate ?

I'm saying the manager should choose where players play, not the players choosing where they play. If that's "questioning carra" then yeah, I am.