You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Masch Gone - fee agreed but not yet disclosed

Slimbo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's he done wrong exactly? Except for wanting to move for family reasons?

He refused to play hours before an important game to make sure we had no choice but to accept a cheap price. We had said he could move due to family reasons if we got a fair offer. What he did was a cunt's trick.

Is that a fact though mate? Or is it another 'Mascherano's learning Italian' story?

I don't know, let's ask Roy:

'It was a complicated situation, to be fair to him. But it's not easy to defend his actions, because professionals are paid to play and, when called on to do so, they should.

'I don't think players mean it as a challenge to your authority, or the club's. But it's a selfish situation, where they want to do something and expect the club and me, in my position as one of the leaders of the club, to bow down and accept that they are going to get their way. Unfortunately, there will then be periods when there is a bit of unpleasantness.

'Players must also understand when you sign contracts, you do so to play.

[sauce]

He refused to play hours before an important game to make sure we had no choice but to accept a cheap price. We had said he could move due to family reasons if we got a fair offer. What he did was a cunt's trick.

Not sure we had no choice but to accept a knock down price. Berbatov acted similarly when he wanted out of Spurs and Spurs managed to get a ridiculously high price for him.

I don't know, let's ask Roy:

'It was a complicated situation, to be fair to him. But it's not easy to defend his actions, because professionals are paid to play and, when called on to do so, they should.

'I don't think players mean it as a challenge to your authority, or the club's. But it's a selfish situation, where they want to do something and expect the club and me, in my position as one of the leaders of the club, to bow down and accept that they are going to get their way. Unfortunately, there will then be periods when there is a bit of unpleasantness.

'Players must also understand when you sign contracts, you do so to play.

[sauce]

We haven't heard Mascherano's side of the story though. I'm guessing he agreed to stay for an year before leaving, then in the middle of the year he started to settle, possibly, then he probably talked to his wife again and she decided she wasn't going to live in England and then Benitez got pushed out of the door, which basically made up his mind to leave and move to Spain.

Then Roy coming out and saying he wanted him to stay, and kept on playing him days before the transfer market was closing, when he desperately wanted to go, why would he want to spend 6 months away from his wife, being unhappy? It was pretty obvious that we wouldn't have sold otherwise unless Barca offered a stupid price, which they weren't going to because of their money problems, what could he do?

I'm sure Roy understands if someone is unhappy they would want to move, look at his time at Udinese when he came out and publically said he shouldn't have accepted the job.

The fact Mascherano had a bigger contract offered by Liverpool than Barca shows that it wasn't a financial decision, he just really wanted to leave and that was the only way to force Hodgson's hand.

No mate. We said we would let him leave for a fair price, and he agreed to that. When he pulled his going on strike trick we did not have fair offers on the table and we never got our valuation of him. He signed a contract with us after we paid a transfer fee, a signing on bonus, and his wages, and rescued his career when he was stuck in West Ham's reserves, and therefore he cannot expect to be allowed to walk for peanuts. We were right to say he was staying if we didn't get fair compensation for him and what he did was unforgiveable. If he decides to get paid less to get it done that's his prerogative but we still got ripped off because of his actions. Doesn't matter what you say here, you are not going to convince me otherwise.

Amazing how different reactions are when local players & foreign players do something to the manager then, eh?

Sorry mate your defending the indefensebile, its clear from the quotes that he refused to play so I couldnt give a fuck about his side of the story, he let his team down and its no surprise that they dont like him for it. He has fucked the club over (Its a joke that we caved in on it) helping Barca get him on the cheap. I hope he breaks his legs in the first game the little cunt.

Sorry mate your defending the indefensebile, its clear from the quotes that he refused to play so I couldnt give a fuck about his side of the story, he let his team down and its no surprise that they dont like him for it. He has fucked the club over (Its a joke that we caved in on it) helping Barca get him on the cheap. I hope he breaks his legs in the first game the little cunt.

Carragher refused to play at RB vs Boro, and Skrtel (I think) got bummed by them at RB because he had to play out of position because of Carragher refusing to play there, what is your stance on Carragher refusing to play right back, I would be interested to know, after all he let his team down and it's no surprise if people don't like him for it.

Carragher refused to play at RB vs Boro, and Skrtel (I think) got bummed by them at RB because he had to play out of position because of Carragher refusing to play there, what is your stance on Carragher refusing to play right back, I would be interested to know, after all he let his team down and it's no surprise if people don't like him for it.

Oh right, did he do that to force through a move and get us less then his market value? Thats right no he didnt, were there any qoutes at the time proving he refused to play there? Because im sure he has played there since

Oh right, did he do that to force through a move and get us less then his market value? Thats right no he didnt, were there any qoutes at the time proving he refused to play there? Because im sure he has played there since

Liverpool boss Benitez: Carragher didn't want to play right-back | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

“Carragher told me he had heavy legs and so as a centre back he could run less,” he said. “At right back you run more.”.

If you're going to hope Mascherano breaks his legs and start calling him a cunt some consistency would be nice. They are either both cunts or you understand why both of them did what they did.

Liverpool boss Benitez: Carragher didn't want to play right-back | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

If you're going to hope Mascherano breaks his legs and start calling him a cunt some consistency would be nice. They are either both cunts or you understand why both of them did what they did.

Sorry but there is a distinction between refusing to play at all and say you never want to turn out for the club that rescued you from the sub's bench at west ham to play in a european Champs league final and, saying you dont consider yourself good enough to play at right back any more.

Some people may not see the difference or may not want to see the difference but, its there plain as day.

What mascherano did wasnt just refuse to play in a position. He refused to play full stop to force a move.

Sorry but there is a distinction between refusing to play at all and say you never want to turn out for the club that rescued you from the sub's bench at west ham to play in a european Champs league final and, saying you dont consider yourself good enough to play at right back any more.

Some people may not see the difference or may not want to see the difference but, its there plain as day.

What mascherano did wasnt just refuse to play in a position. He refused to play full stop to force a move.

Nope, they both either thought it would be best for the team to play or not to play in Mascherano's case, or they were both being selfish, you choose.

Comparing two completely different situations and if you cant see that there is no point carrying on. I honestly cant see why your defending him when he has so clearly shit on the club, I fucking hate people playing devils advocate in situations like this.

Im gobsmacked that your even comparing the Carragher and Mascherano, especially seens Carragher actually played

Nope, they both either thought it would be best for the team to play or not to play in Mascherano's case, or they were both being selfish, you choose.

Fucking rubbish!

Carra was honest to say he didn't have the legs to play as right back. If I remember correctly, he DID play right back in a game before the Boro game, and he needed to spend the next day having a massage as he was completely fucked.

And he also played RB after the Boro game.

Don't even fucking try and compare the Carra and Mascherano incidents.

Fucking rubbish!

Carra was honest to say he didn't have the legs to play as right back. If I remember correctly, he DID play right back in a game before the Boro game, and he needed to spend the next day having a massage as he was completely fucked.

And he also played RB after the Boro game.

Don't even fucking try and compare the Carra and Mascherano incidents.

And maybe Mascherano was honest saying he wasn't in the right mental state to play against Man City?

So I think it's you talking "fucking rubbish"

And maybe Mascherano was honest saying he wasn't in the right mental state to play against Man City?

So I think it's you talking "fucking rubbish"

Your grasping at straws lad. Dunno why though. He shit on the fans, the club and his team mates.

But never mind, eh? He just wasn't in the right frame of mind.

*Shakes head and leaves*