You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Masch Gone - fee agreed but not yet disclosed

Slimbo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Mascherano as a player once said he would be next captain for us. I wouldn't go so far as saying I hate him but Dominic King was spot on in his article this weekend, any respect he earned has gone. As far as him ever coming back to Anfield as a Barca player, he will get no reaction from us and will never be considered as a great player for his 3 years here. Unfortunately he lost that when he refused (no matter how you look at it for the city game, whether his head was in it or not) to wear the red shirt.

King said if that was the case Kuyt wouldn't have played because he has interest from Inter and an agent pushing for a move yet there was no mention of him not playing, he just got on with it irrespective of his future being up in the air just as much as Mascherano's was when the City game was played.

I wish him all the luck at Barcalona but he must understand from our perspective, he is not a player that will be remembered for his great seasons, but his unprofessionalism at the end of his career.

But it seems Liverpool’s new manager doesn’t do empathy. Sending Mascherano on his way to Spain with a blast in the ear the increasingly prickly Roy Hodgson branded him as “selfish”.

Hodgson sounded like the manager of a club from the bottom half of the table trying to bump up the price of their only good player as he explained why Mascherano missed Monday’s defeat.

Even without knowing he would give up over €3m from his new contract it was well known why Mascherano was leaving. Hodgson’s “selfish” comments were quite unnecessary and, some might say, extremely ‘cold’.

Mascherano described as 'selfish' despit spending millions to see family happy.

There you go Lewis. Some lickle examples for you there. Was designed while to defend Mascherano to attack Hodgson. As Dougie said, would Jim have took this hardline stance if the manager was still Rafa Benitez? I seriously doubt it. Mascherano fucked us over in a big way and anybody defending that is unforgiveable.

The worst part was the ''Increasingly prickly Roy Hodgson''. Has he ever met Roy? Why do we get regular updates on how polite Roy is when answering a question? If he thinks all journalists are pricks then that is his look out, he will be judged on results not how he answers question in press conferences despite what Boardman, Evans and Rory Smith say.

Edited by Juan Galonso

The Macia situation interests me. For a good two seasons he was the devil incarnate, but despite the fact he's still here and in a seemingly greater position of power, nobody says jack about him any more. I'm curious to know why everyone who was bothered by him now seemingly isn't?

The Macia situation interests me. For a good two seasons he was the devil incarnate, but despite the fact he's still here and in a seemingly greater position of power, nobody says jack about him any more. I'm curious to know why everyone who was bothered by him now seemingly isn't?

I have heard bits bout this but not a lot only that Macia and Benitez came to blows, what was it over and is he a bit of a arse?

Like I said, the truth could be one of two possibilities. I was trying to gauge possibilties out of both.

My stance during the previous managers reign may of been pro-Rafa but I am willing to give Hodgson a chance, as I would be an idiot not to do so. However, I do understand the comments made by Jim against Roy considering the piece is about defending the actions of Masch, be they right or wrong.

If it was me writing this I would maintain my stance even if it was Rafa who was still the manager. Yes I did support him but I didn't agree with everything he did. The same goes for Roy in some respects. I feel for the man as he has been thrust into the limelight during arguably the worst period the club has ever been in. He has to keep his head down and get results whilst being undermined at every opportunity. The sale of Masch was as he said a boardroom decision. I have no doubt that Roy would of loved to see him stay but this was Masch's decision I think.

It has been posted in this thread that Masch will reveal all (apologies if it already has) on why he left but I do agree with some things Jim said and others that you have said John.

His attitude on the pitch was good but if as you have said he fucked us over then no doubt Jim will retract what he has said. I am still wondering what to believe at this moment in time.

As Dougie said, would Jim have took this hardline stance if the manager was still Rafa Benitez?

If the manager was still Rafa Benitez you and the rest of the gang would have filled 315 pages on here talking about how Mascherano hadn't been made to feel wanted and how it was all down to terrible man management.

Cuts both ways, as always.

A rhetorical question if ever there was one. One that has some merit all the same.

Well a player who played in the game confirmed to me that Mascherano refused to play, as did other people at Melwood. Things like this are not made up.

Mascherano REFUSED to play, its a 100% fact.

Unless that player was there at the moment Mascherano said "Boss, me no play" then it's not 100% fact. That player could be being fed info that the club wants circulated.

Well a player who played in the game confirmed to me that Mascherano refused to play, as did other people at Melwood. Things like this are not made up

The Mascherano learning Italian story was.

Fair enough about him refusing to play, interesting to see what he actually has to say then.

Unless that player was there at the moment Mascherano said "Boss, me no play" then it's not 100% fact. That player could be being fed info that the club wants circulated.

Nah, think its pretty much accepted the tombstone toothed twat went on strike. Even his bum chum Messi was saying how he would never play for Liverpool again.

Javier Mascherano promises to reveal truth behind Liverpool departure | Football | The Guardian

Yes can't wait for you to tell the truth Javier. Give Jim Boardman a bell he will run it, he will do anything to fuck the club, don't forget to tell him you never refused to play for us.

Hang on a minute Javier, fuck that, phone Tony Evans up he would love this one, go on do it and you can add this to the lies already spun by the cunt.

Because ATK has never made claims to be Gospel that turn out to be complete and utter bullshit.

Those living in greenhouses my friend...

If the manager was still Rafa Benitez you and the rest of the gang would have filled 315 pages on here talking about how Mascherano hadn't been made to feel wanted and how it was all down to terrible man management.

Cuts both ways, as always.

Not me Mr Chops. Go check my post history. Always said he was a cunt.

I seriously doubt it. Mascherano fucked us over in a big way and anybody defending that is unforgiveable.

The worst part was the ''Increasingly prickly Roy Hodgson''. Has he ever met Roy? Why do we get regular updates on how polite Roy is when answering a question? If he thinks all journalists are pricks then that is his look out, he will be judged on results not how he answers question in press conferences despite what Boardman, Evans and Rory Smith say.

Your'e wrong as usual. Several journalist including all those you listed have mentioned how prickly Hodgson has been in some press conferences.

Mascherano was arguably one of the best players last year - after his first month back from international duty - consistently outshining Gerrard and Carragher, for example, even though he had asked for a transfer to Barcelona and was not happy in Liverpool.

Hodgson has been shifty and weak in this process concerning Mascherano and Kuyt. He has lied about Inter and Rafa. He has played on what he thinks are press and public prejudices to cast aspersions on players. Insinua, Aquilani, Lucas, Babel and some of the younger players have all been damaged by his garrulous tongue and fumbling hands.

Well a player who played in the game confirmed to me that Mascherano refused to play, as did other people at Melwood. Things like this are not made up.

You're a proven, incorrigible liar and an idiot. I have that on good authority.