You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Masch Gone - fee agreed but not yet disclosed

Slimbo

I always found Balague rather good when he was just the Spanish League guy. It was when he started hanging around with Rafa and being a general rumourmonger that he lost his credibility a little bit.

When he used to talk about the actual football, sure. As an "in the know", he just ... isn't.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point signing Lass when we've got Lucas and Poulsen? There's no need for another destroyer - what this team needs is guile, pace and skill - preferably on the flanks.

I've got mixed feelings on Dirk's loyalty - we can't continue with him on the right - I'm hoping Rafa comes back in for him too - though time is short for replacements

Masch was no doubt a great player, but didn't show it enough - he's no Didi Hamann in my eyes

Did he hand in a transfer request, or will we have to give him a "loyalty" bonus?

If it's the latter, I'll fucking cry.

I would have thought refusing to play would have put paid to that. Barca's press release does mention Masch being involved in the negiotiations so maybe he had to give up any "loyalty" bonus to push this through.

I mean if we didn't enforce that, we'd be total mugs right?

oh.

Whats the point signing Lass when we've got Lucas and Poulsen? There's no need for another destroyer - what this team needs is guile, pace and skill - preferably on the flanks.

I've got mixed feelings on Dirk's loyalty - we can't continue with him on the right - I'm hoping Rafa comes back in for him too - though time is short for replacements

Masch was no doubt a great player, but didn't show it enough - he's no Didi Hamann in my eyes

Ha! That's spectacular!

I was hoping myself that he could do that job on the summer but surely after you've watched him against City it's obvious he's not up to it.

I think he's effective there as part of a 2 man holding midfield so with Poulsen he would be OK

But without a proper holding midfielder next to him we'll just get overran. I'd play Lucas with Poulsen or Poulsen with Gerrard. Lucas as a holding midfielder is not something I want to see

El Mundo and Marca are reporting the fee is 22m Euros rising to 25m. So ( my math isn't great ) thats about £18m rising to £20m. While better than the fee's being banded about, it's still disappointing seeing as the club helped mold the player into what he is today. I'm pretty sure he handed in a transfer request as soon as he came back in the summer, add the fact that he refused to play and a fee of about £20m isn't the end of the world.

That said it could be £40m and it wouldn't matter, how much of it's going to be reinvested ?

Ha! That's spectacular!

I was hoping myself that he could do that job on the summer but surely after you've watched him against City it's obvious he's not up to it.

I think he's effective there as part of a 2 man holding midfield so with Poulsen he would be OK

But without a proper holding midfielder next to him we'll just get overran. I'd play Lucas with Poulsen or Poulsen with Gerrard. Lucas as a holding midfielder is not something I want to see

To be fair, what I was meaning is that we have 2 "holding midfielders" in the squad. I wouldn't want to see both in the team at the same time, and if hje spent money on Poulsen - why buy another?

FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF!

etc.

cunt.

When he used to talk about the actual football, sure. As an "in the know", he just ... isn't.

I always thought there was something akin to racism with the attitude to Guillem! It seemed to be 'So Guillem, your Spanish, Rafa is Spanish, tell us what is going on'?

We'll probably spend £4m on Konchesky and £12m on Carlton Cole. That's the money gone.

Fuck off! Don't even think that, I will accept Konchesky if it gets Ben Arfa and Toiven or Rip Van Winkel (to me Treseguet is a no brainer, get him on free).