You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ynwa20

Haven't seen anything from jovanovic so far to want him in ahead of kuyt or babel.

Probably the toughest pick there DG & I know what you mean, but I hate Dirk on the left & Ryan will put me in an early grave the things he does to my blood pressure.

The mythical wide-mids player was aimed at this slot.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the toughest pick there DG & I know what you mean, but I hate Dirk on the left & Ryan will put me in an early grave the things he does to my blood pressure.

The mythical wide-mids player was aimed at this slot.

How about masch + aquilani in the middle stevie behind torres joe cole on the left. I do seriously think, though, that cole on the left kuyt right stevie behind torres could be awesome but unfortunately that leaves us with tonights central midfield combo.

To those writing Roy obituaries since last Monday, here's a few stats.

This year in Europe:

4 games, 4 wins, 7 goals scored, GD of +6.

Improved in the second half, got even better once the conservative formation went with the subs. Pacheco looked lively, Kuyt was transformed, Babel ran halfway across Turkey for balls Ngog was waving goodbye to. Very impressed with the decision to gamble with 15-20 to go, and it paid off. We now have European football to play with for at least another 6 months.

4 down, 15 to go. :P

How about masch + aquilani in the middle stevie behind torres joe cole on the left. I do seriously think, though, that cole on the left kuyt right stevie behind torres could be awesome but unfortunately that leaves us with tonights central midfield combo.

I'd be happy with that, but realistically Masch is off & Alberto has gone for at least the season so i was working with what we've probably got.

If Masch stays he goes in for Poulsen obviously.

To those writing Roy obituaries since last Monday, here's a few stats.

This year in Europe:

4 games, 4 wins, 7 goals scored, GD of +6.

Improved in the second half, got even better once the conservative formation went with the subs. Pacheco looked lively, Kuyt was transformed, Babel ran halfway across Turkey for balls Ngog was waving goodbye to. Very impressed with the decision to gamble with 15-20 to go, and it paid off. We now have European football to play with for at least another 6 months.

4 down, 15 to go. :P

Whos been writing obituaries? One defeat away to a good side is as irrelevant as 4 wins over 2 shit sides.

I'd be happy with that, but realistically Masch is off & Alberto has gone for at least the season so i was working with what we've probably got.

If Masch stays he goes in for Poulsen obviously.

Still think we need someone else for the left. Still think Hleb would be a good option.

hleb would be a good option at the minute can play on either wing, id settle for anything in a week where we could lose 2 20mill midfielders and still have flipping lucas, agree with other comments about pacheco the lad has to start a game soon, he looks very sharp and eager with an eye for goal and obviously has confidence in his ability something that ngog and babel dont have

I couldn't see the match tonight so I can't say anything about how well (or awful) we played but I absolutely satisfied with the outcome. I am hoping to go to at least a couple of the european aways and even though it isn't Champions League there is still a special atmosphere at those trips. I am glad that the hardcore travelling reds gets an opportunity like this to have some days off and enjoying some holidays around europe with the reds.

It's a sad day when I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us play. It's not enjoyable watching Liverpool any more it's just frustrating and infuriating but I look forward to it every week thinking this is the game we'll turn it around but alas it's usually the same fucking dog shite.

Mancs 4-1 away, Real Madrid at home.

oh christ...

Hodgson reflected: "I was relieved in particular because when you play as well as we did throughout the game, create as many goal chances as we did, particularly in the second half, and really deserved to win the game, I was delighted we achieved it.

"I thought it was a good performance from start to finish and we were very unlucky to go behind to a deflected shot so early in the game"

oh christ...

Hodgson reflected: "I was relieved in particular because when you play as well as we did throughout the game, create as many goal chances as we did, particularly in the second half, and really deserved to win the game, I was delighted we achieved it.

"I thought it was a good performance from start to finish and we were very unlucky to go behind to a deflected shot so early in the game"

You are kidding right ??

Hahah, just seen this on BBC :

A banner in the crowd also read: 'You're Alone Here' as it played on Liverpool's famous You'll Never Walk Alone anthem, with the Trabzonspor crowd giving the Reds the type of hostile welcome Turkish clubs have become renowned for giving opposing teams in Europe.

Think that's quite funny actually. The Turkish take their football seriously and have a lot of passion for it, I admire that quite a lot.